From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Opening news groups uncollapsed. Any solution?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 15:53:09 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:53 UTC

I've been reading here but in honesty, some of the threads are getting off topic and I skip over them. I did see that
someone was trying to get them to collapse, mine do, but I want them open.

Actually I want to click on that first thread and have JUST that thread expand. I know about the * & \. If I've read
the first thread, it's easy to click on it and then the 'next unread' button. It expands and jumps down.
But if the first thread (of many) has not been read, then I have to hit the little twisty and expand it to click on the
first one and see it in the preview pane. Which is a pain. Then I can next next next.

I have my threads set to Unread & Threaded.

Just wondering.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Opening news groups uncollapsed. Any solution?

<kq01c8F4a7cU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1734&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1734

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: Opening news groups uncollapsed. Any solution?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 22:43:52 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:43 UTC

On 2023-10-26 21:53, Big Al wrote:
> I've been reading here but in honesty, some of the threads are getting
> off topic and I skip over them.  I did see that someone was trying to
> get them to collapse, mine do, but I want them open.
>
> Actually I want to click on that first thread and have JUST that thread
> expand. I know about the * & \.  If I've read the first thread, it's
> easy to click on it and then the 'next unread' button.  It expands and
> jumps down.
> But if the first thread (of many) has not been read, then I have to hit
> the little twisty and expand it to click on the first one and see it in
> the preview pane.  Which is a pain. Then I can next next next.

It is a bug.

Click on the collapsed thread, then hit the keys "NMB".

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: Opening news groups uncollapsed. Any solution?