Old programmers never die, they just become managers.

computers / news.admin.peering / Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

SubjectAuthor
* Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?SugarBug
+* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?Ivo Gandolfo
|`- Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?Retro Guy
+- Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?The Doctor
+* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?candycanearter07
|`- Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?Marco Moock
`* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?Adding Salt To The Wound
 +- Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?D
 `* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?rek2 hispagatos
  `* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?Marco Moock
   +- Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?rek2 hispagatos
   `* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?candycanearter07
    `* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?The Doctor
     +- Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?candycanearter07
     `* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?Marco Moock
      `* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?The Doctor
       `* Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?rek2 hispagatos
        `- Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?The Doctor

1
Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<214e5c5832227dee9b2773209d9a0996$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1697&group=news.admin.peering#1697

From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Subject: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 21:46:49 -0500
 by: SugarBug - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 02:46 UTC

I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid information overload.

--
3883@sugar.bug | sybershock.com | sci.crypt

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uv83pb$6q4l$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1698&group=news.admin.peering#1698

From: usenet@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:34:02 +0200
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:34 UTC

On 11/04/2024 04:46, SugarBug wrote:
> I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid information overload.

news.admin.technical (moderated)
news.software.nntp
news.admin.peering
alt.sysadmin.recovery
alt.sysadmin.bofh
some other's (just monitor)

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uv8mhi$krj$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1699&group=news.admin.peering#1699

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:54:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 12:54 UTC

In article <214e5c5832227dee9b2773209d9a0996$1@sybershock.com>,
SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> wrote:
>I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments.
>Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to?
>Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of
>the pulse and I would like to avoid information overload.
>
>--
> 3883@sugar.bug | sybershock.com | sci.crypt

Peers and usenet abuse groups!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<3a2375c7852dc05d2c9944d252f6716f$1@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1700&group=news.admin.peering#1700

From: retroguy@novabbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 06:25:13 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 13:25 UTC

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:34:02 +0200, Ivo Gandolfo wrote:

> On 11/04/2024 04:46, SugarBug wrote:
>> I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid information overload.
>>

> news.admin.technical (moderated)
> news.software.nntp
> news.admin.peering
> alt.sysadmin.recovery
> alt.sysadmin.bofh
> some other's (just monitor)

I would add:

news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uv8vm2$1omsm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1701&group=news.admin.peering#1701

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 15:30:10 -0000 (UTC)
b+ V4R8q|QiU/R8\|G\WpC`-s?=)\fbtNc&=/a3a)r7xbRI]Vl)r<%PTriJ3pGpl_/B6!8pe\btzx
`~R! r3.0#lHRE+^Gro0[cjsban'vZ#j7,?I/tHk{s=TFJ:H?~=]`O*~3ZX`qik`b:.gVIc-[$t/e
ZrQsWJ >|l^I_[pbsIqwoz.WGA]<D
 by: candycanearter07 - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 15:30 UTC

SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> wrote at 02:46 this Thursday (GMT):
> I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid information overload.

Slightly different, but news.lists.filters is good for nocems.

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uv99p2$1qs18$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1702&group=news.admin.peering#1702

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:22:25 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 18:22 UTC

On 11.04.2024 um 15:30 Uhr candycanearter07 wrote:

> SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> wrote at 02:46 this Thursday (GMT):
> > I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP
> > developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay
> > subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want
> > to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid information
> > overload.
>

> Slightly different, but news.lists.filters is good for nocems.

At least when human read that groups, that will be an information
overload. :-)
Except for that, there are not much messages in the news.* hierarchy,
so subscribing top all should be ok.

--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to 1712842210muell@cartoonies.org

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<F9XRN.129258$Sf59.122797@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1703&group=news.admin.peering#1703

Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
From: Hello.Welcome@example.net (Adding Salt To The Wound)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:50:18 +0100
 by: Adding Salt To The W - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 19:50 UTC

On 11/04/2024 03:46, SugarBug wrote:
> I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid information overload.

None. You don't need to use Newsgroups to stay current unless you want
to be current with nonsense going on in these newsgroups. The best way
is to use common sense and and Google is the best way to keep up-to-date
with new things happening in the IT world. Newsgroups are for trolling
and scoring points against each other and people with any sound brain
should stay away from them.

There are no developments in "Usenet and NNTP". Nobody is working on
anything new. It is dull and outdated.

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<e3f8da5c35b87d370e4cb5a93fa75093@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1704&group=news.admin.peering#1704

From: J@M (D)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:27:47 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
 by: D - Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:27 UTC

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 20:50:18 +0100, Adding Salt To The Wound <Hello.Welcome@example.net> wrote:
>On 11/04/2024 03:46, SugarBug wrote:
>> I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments. Which
>> are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to? Most important?
>> Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like
>> to avoid information overload.
>
>Google is the best way to keep up-to-date

"Who's the most important man this country ever knew?
Who's the man our presidents tell all their troubles to?
No, it isn't Mr. Bryan and it isn't Mr. Hughes;
I'm mighty proud that I'm allowed a chance to introduce:

Barney Google - with the goo, goo, googly eyes,
Barney Google - bet his horse would win the prize;
When the horses ran that day,
Spark Plug ran the other way!
Barney Google - with the goo-goo-googly eyes!

Who's the greatest lover that this country ever knew?
Who's the man that Valentino takes his hat off to?
No, it isn't Douglas Fairbanks that the ladies rave about;
When he arrives, who makes the wives chase all their husbands out?

Barney Google - with the goo-goo-googly eyes,
Barney Google - had a wife three times his size;
She sued Barney for divorce,
Now he's sleeping with his horse!
Barney Google - with the goo-goo-googly eyes!

--song by Billy Rose and Con Conrad
(c)1923 Jerome H Remick & Co., New York, Detroit
by permission of DeBeck, creator of 'Barney Google'
King Features Syndicate, Inc. "Great Britain Rights Reserved"

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvgviu$8d54$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1710&group=news.admin.peering#1710

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 16:17:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 16:17 UTC

On 2024-04-11, Adding Salt To The Wound <Hello.Welcome@example.net> wrote:
> On 11/04/2024 03:46, SugarBug wrote:
>> I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should stay subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful? I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid information overload.
>>
> None. You don't need to use Newsgroups to stay current unless you want
> to be current with nonsense going on in these newsgroups. The best way
> is to use common sense and and Google is the best way to keep up-to-date
> with new things happening in the IT world. Newsgroups are for trolling
> and scoring points against each other and people with any sound brain
> should stay away from them.
>
> There are no developments in "Usenet and NNTP". Nobody is working on
> anything new. It is dull and outdated.

This is not true, and very vage old way of seen things,
at least there has been 4 new nodes in the last 12 months that carry
only text, I am working on a usenet rust client and I know someone else
estarted to add nntp/usenet capability to their new email client.
In our particular node we are getting around 10-20 new users every
month, true they usually just post on our hispagatos.* root but
also contribute to some alt.* etc.
There has been new groups added and some old removed.

we FINALLY have google leave us alone, usenet now is better than
in the last 10 years.
choose a node that has only plain text groups and are active
with spam and bs.

I take usenet anytime over any centralized, and data mining corporate
social networks on the http protocol, only the fediverse has my
claps, specially mastodon.

Happy Hacking
ReK2

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvh6ik$3n57o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1712&group=news.admin.peering#1712

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 20:16:51 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 18:16 UTC

On 14.04.2024 um 16:17 Uhr rek2 hispagatos wrote:

> On 2024-04-11, Adding Salt To The Wound <Hello.Welcome@example.net>
> wrote:
> > On 11/04/2024 03:46, SugarBug wrote:
> >> I want to be sure I am staying current on Usenet and NNTP
> >> developments. Which are the newsgroups that NNTP sysops should
> >> stay subscribed to? Most important? Least important? Most useful?
> >> I want to keep track of the pulse and I would like to avoid
> >> information overload.
> > None. You don't need to use Newsgroups to stay current unless you
> > want to be current with nonsense going on in these newsgroups. The
> > best way is to use common sense and and Google is the best way to
> > keep up-to-date with new things happening in the IT world.
> > Newsgroups are for trolling and scoring points against each other
> > and people with any sound brain should stay away from them.
> >
> > There are no developments in "Usenet and NNTP". Nobody is working
> > on anything new. It is dull and outdated.
> >
> This is not true, and very vage old way of seen things,
> at least there has been 4 new nodes in the last 12 months that carry
> only text, I am working on a usenet rust client and I know someone
> else estarted to add nntp/usenet capability to their new email client.

Which nodes are you talking about?

> In our particular node we are getting around 10-20 new users every
> month, true they usually just post on our hispagatos.* root but
> also contribute to some alt.* etc.

That sounds good.

> I take usenet anytime over any centralized, and data mining corporate
> social networks on the http protocol, only the fediverse has my
> claps, specially mastodon.

I've joined that too, but the amount of bullshit is incredible - almost
the same as on Twitter.
It also doesn't offer a good discussion platform because it doesn't
have real threads.

--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to 1713104255muell@cartoonies.org

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvhphc$96a6$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1715&group=news.admin.peering#1715

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 23:40:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Sun, 14 Apr 2024 23:40 UTC

On 2024-04-14, Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
> the same as on Twitter.
> It also doesn't offer a good discussion platform because it doesn't
> have real threads.

True, you will prob like more lemmy is the response of the free internet
to reddit https://join-lemmy.org/

I agree with mastodon, we use it for anouncements and chit chat
but anything usefull just gets losts, so lemmy much better
and honestly usenet much better ;)

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2
- https://keyoxide.org/A31C7CE19D9C58084EA42BA26C0B0D11E9303EC5

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvjiud$c7v0$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1718&group=news.admin.peering#1718

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:00:13 -0000 (UTC)
b+ V4R8q|QiU/R8\|G\WpC`-s?=)\fbtNc&=/a3a)r7xbRI]Vl)r<%PTriJ3pGpl_/B6!8pe\btzx
`~R! r3.0#lHRE+^Gro0[cjsban'vZ#j7,?I/tHk{s=TFJ:H?~=]`O*~3ZX`qik`b:.gVIc-[$t/e
ZrQsWJ >|l^I_[pbsIqwoz.WGA]<D
 by: candycanearter07 - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:00 UTC

Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote at 18:16 this Sunday (GMT):
> On 14.04.2024 um 16:17 Uhr rek2 hispagatos wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-11, Adding Salt To The Wound <Hello.Welcome@example.net>
>> wrote:
>> > None. You don't need to use Newsgroups to stay current unless you
>> > want to be current with nonsense going on in these newsgroups. The
>> > best way is to use common sense and and Google is the best way to
>> > keep up-to-date with new things happening in the IT world.
>> > Newsgroups are for trolling and scoring points against each other
>> > and people with any sound brain should stay away from them.
>> >
>> > There are no developments in "Usenet and NNTP". Nobody is working
>> > on anything new. It is dull and outdated.
>> >
>> This is not true, and very vage old way of seen things,
>> at least there has been 4 new nodes in the last 12 months that carry
>> only text, I am working on a usenet rust client and I know someone
>> else estarted to add nntp/usenet capability to their new email client.
>
> Which nodes are you talking about?
>
>> In our particular node we are getting around 10-20 new users every
>> month, true they usually just post on our hispagatos.* root but
>> also contribute to some alt.* etc.
>
> That sounds good.
>
>> I take usenet anytime over any centralized, and data mining corporate
>> social networks on the http protocol, only the fediverse has my
>> claps, specially mastodon.
>
> I've joined that too, but the amount of bullshit is incredible - almost
> the same as on Twitter.
> It also doesn't offer a good discussion platform because it doesn't
> have real threads.

Yeah, mastadon isn't great IMO.

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvjj02$13e8$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1720&group=news.admin.peering#1720

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:01:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:01 UTC

In article <uvjiud$c7v0$5@dont-email.me>,
candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
>Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote at 18:16 this Sunday (GMT):
>> On 14.04.2024 um 16:17 Uhr rek2 hispagatos wrote:

>>> This is not true, and very vage old way of seen things,
>>> at least there has been 4 new nodes in the last 12 months that carry
>>> only text, I am working on a usenet rust client and I know someone
>>> else estarted to add nntp/usenet capability to their new email client.
>>
>> Which nodes are you talking about?
>>
>>> In our particular node we are getting around 10-20 new users every
>>> month, true they usually just post on our hispagatos.* root but
>>> also contribute to some alt.* etc.
>>
>> That sounds good.
>>
>>> I take usenet anytime over any centralized, and data mining corporate
>>> social networks on the http protocol, only the fediverse has my
>>> claps, specially mastodon.
>>
>> I've joined that too, but the amount of bullshit is incredible - almost
>> the same as on Twitter.
>> It also doesn't offer a good discussion platform because it doesn't
>> have real threads.
>>

>Yeah, mastadon isn't great IMO.

Administration ther is questionable.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvjkmg$clq8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1721&group=news.admin.peering#1721

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:30:08 -0000 (UTC)
b+ V4R8q|QiU/R8\|G\WpC`-s?=)\fbtNc&=/a3a)r7xbRI]Vl)r<%PTriJ3pGpl_/B6!8pe\btzx
`~R! r3.0#lHRE+^Gro0[cjsban'vZ#j7,?I/tHk{s=TFJ:H?~=]`O*~3ZX`qik`b:.gVIc-[$t/e
ZrQsWJ >|l^I_[pbsIqwoz.WGA]<D
 by: candycanearter07 - Mon, 15 Apr 2024 16:30 UTC

The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote at 16:01 this Monday (GMT):
> In article <uvjiud$c7v0$5@dont-email.me>,
> candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid> wrote:
>>Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote at 18:16 this Sunday (GMT):

>>> Which nodes are you talking about?

>>> That sounds good.

>>> I've joined that too, but the amount of bullshit is incredible - almost
>>> the same as on Twitter.
>>> It also doesn't offer a good discussion platform because it doesn't
>>> have real threads.
>>>

>>Yeah, mastadon isn't great IMO.
>
> Administration ther is questionable.
*there

I'll be honest, I just think the Twitter style of social media isn't for
me. I do have a bluesky acct, but I just post artwork there.

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvl6ui$qcb5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1727&group=news.admin.peering#1727

From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 08:47:45 +0200
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 06:47 UTC

On 15.04.2024 um 16:01 Uhr The Doctor wrote:

> In article <uvjiud$c7v0$5@dont-email.me>,
> candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid>
> wrote:
> >Yeah, mastadon isn't great IMO.
>
> Administration ther is questionable.

Isn't that "every server operator does what he wants"?

--
kind regards
Marco

Send spam to 1713189666muell@cartoonies.org

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvm52m$2oev$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1728&group=news.admin.peering#1728

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:21:58 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:21 UTC

In article <uvl6ui$qcb5$1@dont-email.me>,
Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>On 15.04.2024 um 16:01 Uhr The Doctor wrote:
>
>> In article <uvjiud$c7v0$5@dont-email.me>,
>> candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid>
>> wrote:
>> >Yeah, mastadon isn't great IMO.
>>
>> Administration ther is questionable.
>
>Isn't that "every server operator does what he wants"?

I had to swith to ubuntu to FreeBSD .

Why?

The documentation is out of date in Mastodon

that FreeBSD port is better maintained.

>--
>kind regards
>Marco
>
>Send spam to 1713189666muell@cartoonies.org

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvmk1n$bmtq$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1731&group=news.admin.peering#1731

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:37:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 19:37 UTC

On 2024-04-16, The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <uvl6ui$qcb5$1@dont-email.me>,
> Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>>On 15.04.2024 um 16:01 Uhr The Doctor wrote:
>>
>>> In article <uvjiud$c7v0$5@dont-email.me>,
>>> candycanearter07 <candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid>
>>>
>>> Administration ther is questionable.
>>
>>Isn't that "every server operator does what he wants"?
>>

> I had to swith to ubuntu to FreeBSD .
>
> Why?
>
> The documentation is out of date in Mastodon
>
> that FreeBSD port is better maintained.
>

>>--
>>kind regards
>>Marco
>>
>>Send spam to 1713189666muell@cartoonies.org

I believe you, we run a mastodon node for years now hispagatos.space
and instead of using the Arch GNU/Linux "packages" I used and been using
the source code, I just git fetch to the release version and do the
compile. This way I never had an issue.

Happy Hacking
ReK2

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2
- https://keyoxide.org/A31C7CE19D9C58084EA42BA26C0B0D11E9303EC5

Re: Which Newsgroups Should a Sysop Subscribe?

<uvmqj6$2cgt$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1732&group=news.admin.peering#1732

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 21:29:10 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 21:29 UTC

In article <uvmk1n$bmtq$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>,
rek2 hispagatos <rek2@hispagatos.org> wrote:
>On 2024-04-16, The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <uvl6ui$qcb5$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:

>>>Isn't that "every server operator does what he wants"?
>>>

>> I had to swith to ubuntu to FreeBSD .
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> The documentation is out of date in Mastodon
>>
>> that FreeBSD port is better maintained.
>>

>>>--
>>>kind regards
>>>Marco
>>>
>>>Send spam to 1713189666muell@cartoonies.org
>>>

>I believe you, we run a mastodon node for years now hispagatos.space
>and instead of using the Arch GNU/Linux "packages" I used and been using
>the source code, I just git fetch to the release version and do the
>compile. This way I never had an issue.

To each their own choice!