From: Boris@invalid.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Search Function in Comcast Web Mail
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 00:18:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 00:18 UTC

Anyone have much success zeroing in on the exact emails that you search for
using Comcast's web mail search function?

For instance, I can enter AT&T in the search field, and no matter what
restriction I put on the search, such as To, From, In email text, I get a
whole bag of emails that have nothing to do with AT&T, and for which no
matter how you examine the results, there's no way the search should have
come up with most of the emails.

Some searches are 95% correct, but most are just plain embarrassing.

Anyone successfull use the search function?

Re: Search Function in Comcast Web Mail

<d7QvI.648044$2A5.227852@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=174&group=alt.online-service.comcast#174

From: Tekkie@comcast.net (Tekkie?)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Search Function in Comcast Web Mail
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:08:41 -0400
 by: Tekkie? - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:08 UTC

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 00:18:12 -0000 (UTC), Boris posted for all of us to
digest...

> Anyone have much success zeroing in on the exact emails that you search for
> using Comcast's web mail search function?
>
> For instance, I can enter AT&T in the search field, and no matter what
> restriction I put on the search, such as To, From, In email text, I get a
> whole bag of emails that have nothing to do with AT&T, and for which no
> matter how you examine the results, there's no way the search should have
> come up with most of the emails.
>
> Some searches are 95% correct, but most are just plain embarrassing.
>
> Anyone successfull use the search function?

I have used it somewhat successfully. It's a crap shoot. I have found one has
be very careful with the search term, go general then narrow down. Sorry can't
be better help.

--
Tekkie

Re: Search Function in Comcast Web Mail

<XnsAD43DCB248FC2Borisinvalidinvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=175&group=alt.online-service.comcast#175

From: Boris@invalid.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 04:41:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Wed, 9 Jun 2021 04:41 UTC

Tekkie� <Tekkie@comcast.net> wrote in

> On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 00:18:12 -0000 (UTC), Boris posted for all of us to
> digest...
>

>> Anyone have much success zeroing in on the exact emails that you
>> search for using Comcast's web mail search function?
>>
>> For instance, I can enter AT&T in the search field, and no matter
>> what restriction I put on the search, such as To, From, In email
>> text, I get a whole bag of emails that have nothing to do with AT&T,
>> and for which no matter how you examine the results, there's no way
>> the search should have come up with most of the emails.
>>
>> Some searches are 95% correct, but most are just plain embarrassing.
>>
>> Anyone successfull use the search function?
>
> I have used it somewhat successfully. It's a crap shoot. I have found
> one has be very careful with the search term, go general then narrow
> down. Sorry can't be better help.

Thanks. You have confirmed my experience. Crap shoot.