Experience varies directly with equipment ruined.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired

SubjectAuthor
* HTML documents convenient for the visually impairedRichard Owlett
+* Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impairedDon Vito Martinelli
|`- Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impairedRichard Owlett
+- Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impairedDavid H Durgee
+- Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impairedDavid E. Ross
`- Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impairedRichmond

1
HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired

<uv6cuj$123hi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1652&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1652

From: rowlett@access.net (Richard Owlett)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 10:57:53 -0500
 by: Richard Owlett - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:57 UTC

I'm a trifocal wearing 80 year old who is beginning to find large print
Bibles easier to read. However they can be inconvenient &/or cumbersome.
My 17" monitor is a more pleasant reading experience.

For my current needs I'm looking for a KJV Bible with verses grouped as
logical paragraphs by <p>...</p> tags and verse numbers as superscripts.

I've found a plethora of "Bible study *applications*" presented as HTML.
I'm looking for a comfortable reading experience.

Suggestions?
TIA

Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired

<uv6f9o$12it7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1653&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1653

From: hyperspace.flyover@vogon.gov.invalid (Don Vito Martinelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 18:38:15 +0200
 by: Don Vito Martinelli - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 16:38 UTC

Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'm a trifocal wearing 80 year old who is beginning to find large print
> Bibles easier to read. However they can be inconvenient &/or cumbersome.
> My 17" monitor is a more pleasant reading experience.
>
> For my current needs I'm looking for a KJV Bible with verses grouped as
> logical paragraphs by <p>...</p> tags and verse numbers as superscripts.
>
> I've found a plethora of "Bible study *applications*" presented as HTML.
> I'm looking for a comfortable reading experience.
>
> Suggestions?
> TIA

17" is tiny nowadays, how about a (much) larger monitor and then scale
the fonts up as required. Obviously I don't have a clue what your
current monitor's geometry is, but a lot of the larger ones still have
the same number of pixels.

Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired

<uv6hra$13a21$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1654&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1654

From: rowlett@access.net (Richard Owlett)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 12:21:45 -0500
 by: Richard Owlett - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 17:21 UTC

On 04/10/2024 11:38 AM, Don Vito Martinelli wrote:
> Richard Owlett wrote:
>> I'm a trifocal wearing 80 year old who is beginning to find large
>> print Bibles easier to read. However they can be inconvenient &/or
>> cumbersome.
>> My 17" monitor is a more pleasant reading experience.
>>
>> For my current needs I'm looking for a KJV Bible with verses grouped
>> as logical paragraphs by <p>...</p> tags and verse numbers as
>> superscripts.
>>
>> I've found a plethora of "Bible study *applications*" presented as HTML.
>> I'm looking for a comfortable reading experience.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>> TIA
>>

> 17" is tiny nowadays, how about a (much) larger monitor and then scale
> the fonts up as required.  Obviously I don't have a clue what your
> current monitor's geometry is, but a lot of the larger ones still have
> the same number of pixels.

*SNICKER* But much more convenient than similar size book.
Any applicable comment?

Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired

<l7o1rmFm1dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1655&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1655

From: dhdurgee@privacy.net (David H Durgee)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 11:50:45 -0600
 by: David H Durgee - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 17:50 UTC

Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'm a trifocal wearing 80 year old who is beginning to find large print
> Bibles easier to read. However they can be inconvenient &/or cumbersome.
> My 17" monitor is a more pleasant reading experience.
>
> For my current needs I'm looking for a KJV Bible with verses grouped as
> logical paragraphs by <p>...</p> tags and verse numbers as superscripts.
>
> I've found a plethora of "Bible study *applications*" presented as HTML.
> I'm looking for a comfortable reading experience.
>
> Suggestions?
> TIA

I use https://www.biblegateway.com here. You have your choice of
translations.

Dave

Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired

<uv6usb$16m9i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1656&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1656

From: nobody@nowhere.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:04:09 -0700
 by: David E. Ross - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 21:04 UTC

On 4/10/2024 8:57 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'm a trifocal wearing 80 year old who is beginning to find large print
> Bibles easier to read. However they can be inconvenient &/or cumbersome.
> My 17" monitor is a more pleasant reading experience.
>
> For my current needs I'm looking for a KJV Bible with verses grouped as
> logical paragraphs by <p>...</p> tags and verse numbers as superscripts.
>
> I've found a plethora of "Bible study *applications*" presented as HTML.
> I'm looking for a comfortable reading experience.
>
> Suggestions?
> TIA

At Project Gutenberg <https://www.gutenberg.org/>, I see at
<https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/search/?query=King+James+version+bible&submit_search=Go!>
two complete copies of "The King James Version of the Bible" along with
individual books from that bible.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Demonstrators worldwide are demanding that Israel stop
fighting in Gaza. Why does it seem that no one is demanding
that Hamas stop fighting? And where are the demonstrations
against Russia fighting in the Ukraine.

Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired

<86zfu0c0ld.fsf@example.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1657&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1657

From: dnomhcir@gmx.com (Richmond)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:30:22 +0100
 by: Richmond - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:30 UTC

Richard Owlett <rowlett@access.net> writes:

> I'm a trifocal wearing 80 year old who is beginning to find large
> print Bibles easier to read. However they can be inconvenient &/or
> cumbersome. My 17" monitor is a more pleasant reading experience.
>
> For my current needs I'm looking for a KJV Bible with verses grouped
> as logical paragraphs by <p>...</p> tags and verse numbers as
> superscripts.
>
> I've found a plethora of "Bible study *applications*" presented as
> HTML. I'm looking for a comfortable reading experience.
>
> Suggestions? TIA

I hunted around and found this:

https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/The-Holy-Bible-King-James-Version.pdf

It is organised into paragraphs although the chapter verse are not
superscripts but embedded with brackets.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: HTML documents convenient for the visually impaired