From: dhdurgee@privacy.net (David H Durgee)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: debugging Provider for Google Calendar
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 16:20:12 -0600
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
 by: David H Durgee - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 22:20 UTC

I attempted today to do some debugging of this without success. I
obviously am missing something.

I was following directions from here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/MailNews:Logging

As directed I set both calendar.debug.log and
calendar.debug.log.verbose to true in about:config and then shutdown
SeaMonkey.

Looking in prefs.js I see:

user_pref("calendar.debug.log", true);
user_pref("calendar.debug.log.verbose", true);

So it appears that the settings are as they should be.

I started SeaMonkey for a terminal window as:

seamonkey >seamonkey.log 2>&1

I have yet to see any messages that appear to come from the provider.
The only messages I have seen thus far in the seamonkey.log are:

> [195567, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f03e025e000 state=DECODING_METADATA Decode metadata failed, shutting down decoder: file /builds/worker/rel-56/build/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 379
> [195567, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f03e025e000 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_METADATA_ERR (0x806e0006): file /builds/worker/rel-56/build/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3445

There was also a mailerror.log created, but it is empty.

I have seen a number of messages in the error console, but none of them
from the provider. I have had to login a few times with google, so I
would have expected some kind of messages logged.

The only thing that may be related is I did see some sort of an ABE
error against localhost that appeared to reference what may be the
authentication. In case this relates to the problem I set a temporary
authorization in NoScript. We will see at the next login if this relates.

So what am I missing to see where the problem is here?

Dave

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / debugging Provider for Google Calendar