Subject: Site Master
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: ricp@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 16:17:20 +0100
 by: Richard Porter - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 15:17 UTC

Recently I've had a problem with !SiteMastr dieing on what looks like a
page with a large number of links (it doesn't show every object). I could
move the poiinter but nothing else so I had to Alt-Break the task.

!SiteMastr doesn't seem to use !Scrap so I assume all the site data are
held inside the task. The Wimpslot is set to 2048 so I'm going to try
increasing it. In the mean time I've removed the offending page while
doing a link check. I'll see what happens.

Success. So the moral of the story is 'keep an eye on memory'.

--
Richard Porter

Re: Site Master

<c364d8925a.news@user.minijem.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1611&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1611

Subject: Re: Site Master
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: ricp@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 10:18:37 +0100
 by: Richard Porter - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 09:18 UTC

The date being 9 Apr 2023, Richard Porter <ricp@minijem.plus.com> decided
to write:

> Recently I've had a problem with !SiteMastr dieing on what looks like a
> page with a large number of links (it doesn't show every object). I could
> move the poiinter but nothing else so I had to Alt-Break the task.

> !SiteMastr doesn't seem to use !Scrap so I assume all the site data are
> held inside the task. The Wimpslot is set to 2048 so I'm going to try
> increasing it. In the mean time I've removed the offending page while
> doing a link check. I'll see what happens.

> Success. So the moral of the story is 'keep an eye on memory'.

Unfortunately not success. I took out the page with over 800 links on it,
increased Wimpsloy by 50% and SiteMastr got to the end, switchd to the
'scanning' window but then ground to a halt. There's no way to get the
report out at that point.