From: frankie@nospam.usa (Frankie)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: How do you stop the Thunderbird search filter on large mailboxes without losing the search results?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 23:27:54 +0300
 by: Frankie - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 20:27 UTC

How do you stop the Thunderbird search filter on large mailboxes
(without losing the search results)?

a. I select the (rather large) email inbox at the top left
b. On top right it asks "Filter these messages <Ctrl+Shift+K>"
c. I type my search keyword and press the ENTER key
d. The search icon spins and slowly (30 seconds) things show up
e. But the search icon spins and spins forever (many minutes)
f. I just want to read the messages that already showed up
g. If I hit the "(X)" to the right of the search, I lose everything.

How do I only stop the search but keep what it has already found?

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / How do you stop the Thunderbird search filter on large mailboxes without losing the search results?