A hacker does for love what others would not do for money.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is updated

SubjectAuthor
* More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is upAndy Burnelli
+* Arlen really is clueless: (was Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don'tAlan
|+* Don’t Feed The TrollsBob Campbell
||+* Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsJohn
|||`- Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsJoerg Lorenz
||+* Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsJohn Gardner
|||+* Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsRJH
|||`* Re: Don’t Feed The Trollsbadgolferman
||| `* Re: Don’t Feed The Trollssms
|||  `* Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trollsnospam
|||   `* Re: Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsKen Blake
|||    `- Re: Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsAndy Burnelli
||+- Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsJoerg Lorenz
||`* Re: Don’t Feed The Trollsgtr
|| +* Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trollsnospam
|| |`* Re: Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsAndy Burnelli
|| | `- Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsAlan
|| `* Re: Re: Don’t Feed The TrollsAndy Burnelli
||  `- Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trollsnospam
|+- Re: Arlen really is clueless: (was Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understAndy Burnelli
|+- Re: Arlen really is clueless: (was Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understAndy Burnelli
|`- Re: Arlen really is clueless: (was Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understAndy Burnelli
+* Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system iAndy Burnelli
|`* Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERNJohn
| `* Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system iAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERNJohn
|   `- Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system iAndy Burnelli
+- Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system iAndy Burnelli
+- Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system iAndy Burnelli
`* Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system iWally J
 `* Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERNAlan
  `- Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERNJolly Roger

Pages:12
Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trolls

<310820220836073068%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11389&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11389

From: nospam@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trolls
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:36:07 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:36 UTC

In article <temio7$1n4pe$1@dont-email.me>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote:

> > Please stop feeding the trolls.
>
> To the degree that they spread information it's necessary to correct their
> lunacy so that passersby aren't misinformed.

they intentionally and deliberately spread *disinformation*.

> Sadly it's important to continu this at every point in the political life of
> the US.

that too.

Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trolls

<teo65s$1ske$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11396&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11396

From: spam@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 18:36:29 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:36 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> To the degree that they spread information it's necessary to correct their
>> lunacy so that passersby aren't misinformed.
>
> they intentionally and deliberately spread *disinformation*.

I will take that as a challenge since I only speak facts, nospam.

Bearing in mind you brazenly deny all facts simply because you don't like
them, I challenge you, nospam, to name a _single_ post of mine where you
think I've spread what you call "disinformation"... C'mon. Do it!
*Name just one*

>> Sadly it's important to continu this at every point in the political life of
>> the US.
>
> that too.

Owning adult cognitive skills, I suspect people are politically the same as
they are on this newsgroup, where, for example, Steve will stop at nothing
to shill for his favored company - even to the point of lying about it.

So will nospam defend Apple to the death, such that I suspect nospam will
also lie like a rug whenever it comes to whatever his political views are.

Me?

Hell, I'm the same fact-based sensible logical person on politics as I am
on computers which is no political party propaganda tells me how to think.

Wanna hear an _adult_ educated sensible set of politics, nospam?

a. Abortion - it _is_ homicide but it's "OK" because the mother,
the family, and society benefit from killing a baby nobody wants.

b. Guns - they _do_ kill but it's a "right" to be as powerful in some ways
as the government is - as it's a fundamental tenet of our Constitution.

c. Common Core - heh heh - I live in one of the richest location in the
country, and _they_ don't believe in common core based on what they do.

d. Immigration - this country is built on it - but we also have laws, and
my family _legally_ came from Germany so why can't we follow our own
laws? If we don't want to enforce our laws, then it becomes capricious,
and that's worse. If we don't like the laws, we should change them.
Otherwise, we should enforce them. This is simple democracy stuff.

e. Global Warming - holy shit - nobody believes it who "says" they believe
in it, as you can tell by what they _do_ (not what they say).
For example, what did Germany do recently? Go back to coal, right.
Same with China. Japan went back to nuclear. All because they ran into
a tiny hurdle. Nobody who "talks" global warming actually believes
a word they, themselves, say, and the proof is in what they _do_
(not what they say). What they _say_ is they need a brand new tax.

f. Student Loan Debt - that's a tough one because I paid off mine, and
when you work, just your first year of about 50% (complete, not just
one tax) taxes will pay the government back in all the subsidies.
Yet, kids think a measly $100K in loans is a crushing burden, which,
for someone making minimum wage, it is; but they're supposed to be
educated so they should be making ten times minimum wage - but
then again, I think education should be free so this is just another
way (along with FAFSA and PELL) to make education a bit more free.
It will likely impact inflation though... and attitudes in the future.
Note: When you buy a house, your loans are in the millions, by way
of stark contrast to how puny a mere $100K in loans truly is.

Anyway... no political party tells _me_ how to think.

Just as I don't buy the Apple propaganda, I don't buy the political
propaganda, simply because I own adult cognitive skills.

You can disagree with my position but my assessment is based on facts.

Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trolls

<teo6nn$529$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11397&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11397

From: spam@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 18:46:00 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:46 UTC

nospam wrote:

>> Still, you're correct that it's important to correct their errors.
>
> yes it is very important, which is why so many people continually do
> that in response to your overwhelming number of false and misleading
> posts.

Steve filters out the fact so the only way to get to him is to email him
from a throwaway address, and then, it has been my experience, he does fix
the 10% or so of facts that he has wrong in that sheet (the rest is true).

>> Point
>> out that they are wrong, and explain why in a calm, rational manner,
>> without personal attacks, using factual information with cites and
>> references. That's what works.
>
> that's what they do, but apparently it doesn't work, because you
> continue to spew the same debunked bullshit and ignore anything that
> refutes it.

At this point, his document is about 90% correct - which is still way
better than anything nospam says - so I consider it a reasonable document.

>> You're probably not going to ever get the trolls to admit that they're
>> spreading false information.
>
> you certainly won't.

You're the one who claimed dozens of imaginary iOS functionalities, so it's
hard for anyone to believe what you say about spreading false information.

> whenever you're confronted with proof, you move the goalposts.

I wonder if you realize yourself that every time Apple is found to have a
flaw, you desperately google to find that same flaw in other companies?

>> But at least the regular people, that
>> actually are interested in reality, get the facts.
>
> the regular people see that you continue to lie.

I have studied you (and Steve) for years, nospam, where I first met Steve
on the home repair newsgroup (which has since turned to political trash).

Steve helped me find chlorine at a good price in Saratoga for my pool
(which consumes a _lot_ of chemicals as it's huge for a residence), which
means Steve has likely saved me hundreds of dollars in chemicals alone.

My point is that Steve _does_ provide about 90% correct factual value.
You nospam? Hmmm...

If it's _not_ related to Apple, you're actually pretty good with facts.
But you're _terrible_ with facts if it pertains to a known Apple flaw.

Unfortunately, there are _many_ of them, so your overall rate is ~ 10%.

Re: Don’t Feed The Trolls

<teo6ot$1scit$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11398&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11398

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re:_Don’t_Feed_The_Trolls
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:46:04 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:46 UTC

On 2022-08-31 10:36, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> To the degree that they spread information it's necessary to correct
>>> their
>>> lunacy so that passersby aren't misinformed.
>>
>> they intentionally and deliberately spread *disinformation*.
>
> I will take that as a challenge since I only speak facts, nospam.

That is an out and out lie.

Re: Re: Don’t Feed The Trolls

<310820221457034399%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11401&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#11401

From: nospam@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.apps
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 14:57:03 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 18:57 UTC

In article <teo6nn$529$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

> At this point, his document is about 90% correct

no, it's about 90% *incorrect*. likely more.

his claims are incredibly trivial to refute, *with* cites, contrary to
his (yet another) bogus claim that others don't provide anything to
back it up. many of them don't even pass the sniff-test, without even
the need for cites, such as the infamous one of face id not working in
the dark (although there are cites for that).

there are a few things that are indeed true, but that's the rare
exception. as the saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day
(although with digital clocks, that's no longer true).

he deliberately ignores *substantial* ios functionality to further his
narrative, roughly 100 items by my count, many of which no other device
can do at this time.

some of it is stupid stuff, such as screen-body ratio. who decides
which phone to get solely based on its screen-body ratio?

he constantly lies about key ios functionality that android does not
have, such as face id, falsely claiming that it doesn't work in the
dark, when in fact, that's where face id works best. even a grade
school child could explain why, in addition to actual documentation
from apple and others.

he is intentionally deceptive, such as comparing generic 2d facial
recognition, which apple does *not* use (but android does) versus
fingerprint sensors to 'prove' that apple's face id isn't any good. he
deliberately ignores how apple's face id actually works, namely an
infrared dot projector (which is how it can work in the dark) to
generate a 3d map of a person's face and then use multiple machine
learning models to analyze it.

> I wonder if you realize yourself that every time Apple is found to have a
> flaw, you desperately google to find that same flaw in other companies?

that's to prove the sheer hypocrisy of the trolls.

to a troll, if apple does something, it's automatically bad, but when
google, microsoft, etc., do the *same* thing, it's no big deal, or even
a feature.

Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is updated

<um4gb4$1l8ne$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15874&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15874

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is updated
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:17:23 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:17 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>> There isn't anyone intelligent in racing circuits who doesn't know the
>> significance of the catenary in terms of teaching basic racing skills.
>
> I�m not a racer, but I would guess it has something to do with calculating
> how to enter and exit a curve. As a motorcycle rider there are some very
> fine points of curve management one must learn to handle their bike safely.

How does anyone deal with these shockingly strange people known as iKooks?

This is a seminal discussion which shows what the iKooks really are
and which needs to be in the public record for future generations.

Exactly. This is why I've never considered you (or Ant or Steve, et al.) an
iKook but why _everyone_ knows that Alan Baker, for one, is an iKook.

You have the cognitive ability to comprehend that physical forces are the
same in all directions, particularly the forces that suspend a bridge are
the same forces that act upon a motorcycle navigating a curve at speed.

As an aside (owning a K1200 myself as I believe you have a Gold Wing), it
mostly applies in racing circuits (as the real world has opposing traffic).

It's likely that Alan Baker, even after furiously searching for the
definition, found mostly equidistant suspension bridging references, and
yet, since he lacks any education in Calculus or Physics, he can't relate
the vertical directional forces with the same horizontally directed forces.

Worse, while he claims to own a BMW, he's ignorant of the most basic of the
terms used for bimmers and beemers alike, which means his mind is on off.

Likewise, he claims to "teach racing" and yet he's likely never heard of a
catenary, which, let's be clear, would be discussed in any racing circuit
(other than straight-line drag racing perhaps, as no curves are involved).

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The point of bringing up the catenary or the metric tensor or Christoffel
symbols or even Dunning Kruger effects isn't so much what they are - but
that the iKooks are ignorant of them and yet they form strong opinions.

Jolly Roger thinks he's an iKook because "we disagree" but that's yet
another trait of the iKook to completely misunderstand the obvious.

He's an iKook not because we disagree - but because he strongly believes in
things which he's completely ignorant of - for example, Jolly Roger
repeatedly claims Apple fully patches older releases - when Apple doesn't.

Sure. We disagree. But my disagreement is based on Apple's own words.
His belief system is based on absolutely no facts whatsoever that matter.

Apple says they do not fully patch older releases.
Jolly Roger says they do.
In fact, he's sure of it.

Simply because Apple fixed a bug or two in an older release.
That's full "proof" to Jolly Roger that Apple fully patches older releases!

No fact can or will sway Jolly Roger from his purely imaginary beliefs.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

Not only do the iKooks lack that cognitive ability, badgolferman, but they
form strong opinions that all science is "dubious" simply because they
a. are ignorant of it...
b. because they're uneducated...
c. as a result of their low IQ

It's why the iKooks can't put together that Apple's variant excuses for
removing basic functionality is because Apple wants to them to buy it back.

Instead of putting things together, as you just did (and as most normal
adults would do), they accept Apple's individual explanations (e.g., "it's
courageous") because it's much simpler for them to accept a direct excuse.

The whole point of this thread is to point out what iKooks really are.

My main point about the iKooks is simply that they form strong opinions
about things that they spend absolutely no energy actually understanding.

Alan Browne, for example, repeatedly claims there is no walled garden
simply because he's completely ignorant that he's logging into it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

This is a classic Dunning-Kruger first quartile trait, where they are so
confident of their assessments that they don't realize how wrong they are.

It's what I'm trying to patiently explain to Hemidactylus, who deprecated
the Dunning-Kruger graphs, where I fit into those same graphs as do you.

The difference is that I _understand_ what Dunning-Kruger papers explained.

It's the same with the catenary where, by now, Alan Baker has probably
furiously googled enough to find that it's a well-taught well-discussed
term in racing (particularly in motorcycle racing, as you've surmised).

Yet, he's likely never heard of it nor, more importantly, since ignorance
can be cured, he doesn't understand that it's an extremely important fact.

Just as nospam can't stand that he was ignorant that iOS doesn't have any
app store apps that graphically show wi-fi signal strength over time,
they'll make a childish kindergarten excuse for why they lack knowledge.

In nospam's case, that childish excuse is he'll repeatedly claim that apps
exist - and yet - when asked to "name just one" - he's never once named it.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

It's the same with Hemidactylus claiming the D-K is a weapon when everyone
fits into the D-K graphs - yes - everyone - including you and including me.

*How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?*

The iKooks don't even realize _why_ they're iKooks, badgolferman.

But they prove it whenever the only way they can deal with facts that
they're ignorant of, like Alan Browne did, is to call people an 'it'.

Do you know why Alan Browne calls people dealing with facts an 'it'?
I do.

HINT: If he negates the person, he feels he's negated all the facts too.
--
How do you deal with people that far to the left of the 1st D-K quartile?

Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is updated

<um4gg3$1l7nu$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15876&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15876

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN
operating system is updated
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 09:20:03 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:20 UTC

On 2023-12-22 09:17, Wally J wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> There isn't anyone intelligent in racing circuits who doesn't know the
>>> significance of the catenary in terms of teaching basic racing skills.
>>
>> I▌ not a racer, but I would guess it has something to do with calculating
>> how to enter and exit a curve. As a motorcycle rider there are some very
>> fine points of curve management one must learn to handle their bike safely.
>
> How does anyone deal with these shockingly strange people known as iKooks?

<snip!>

Other than mental illness, is there some reason you felt you needed to
repeat the same post this many times?

Re: More evidence low-IQ iKooks don't understand how a MODERN operating system is updated

<kulv9cF1pa3U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15877&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15877

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
operating system is updated
Date: 22 Dec 2023 17:28:13 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 17:28 UTC

On 2023-12-22, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-12-22 09:17, Wally J wrote:
>> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>>> I▌ not a racer, but I would guess it has something to do with
>>> calculating how to enter and exit a curve. As a motorcycle rider
>>> there are some very fine points of curve management one must learn
>>> to handle their bike safely.
>>
>> How does anyone deal with these shockingly strange people known as
>> iKooks?
>
><snip!>
>
> Other than mental illness, is there some reason you felt you needed to
> repeat the same post this many times?

Because he got called out and is hella-triggered. 🤣 It literally
consumes his thoughts every waking moment. He's flailing helplessly.

JR