From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f10.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: moving mystic
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 05:31:24 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 16:31 UTC

Greetings All!

I am in the process of moving mystic bbs install from a rpi to a VM linux
(ubuntu) on proxmox. I installed latest mystic bbs on ubuntu and copied
everything from my mystic dir minus the arm executables to the /mystic on
ubuntu however it will not run. when I try;

../mystic -cfg I get

An unhandled exception occurred at $00007FDDD4CDB59E:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
$00007FDDD4CDB59E

if I were to try ./mis

Runtime error 216 at $00007F127F63C59E
$00007F127F63C59E

I then tried the upgrade process just incase I corrupted anything, no change to
the above errors. Is there any other file(s) other than the executables I
should have remove prior to copying working /mystic dir to the new /mystic dir?

----
Regards,

Rick Smith (Nitro)

.... I needed a life.....So I started BBSing

moving mystic

<3341370333@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1541&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1541

From: nospam.Mike.Fenton@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike Fenton)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 21:03:02 +1300
 by: Mike Fenton - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 08:03 UTC

RS> Greetings All!
RS>
RS> I am in the process of moving mystic bbs install from a rpi to a VM linux
RS> (ubuntu) on proxmox. I installed latest mystic bbs on ubuntu and copied
RS> everything from my mystic dir minus the arm executables to the /mystic on
RS> ubuntu however it will not run. when I try;
RS>
RS> ./mystic -cfg I get
RS>
RS> An unhandled exception occurred at $00007FDDD4CDB59E:
RS> EAccessViolation: Access violation
RS> $00007FDDD4CDB59E
RS>
RS> if I were to try ./mis
RS>
RS> Runtime error 216 at $00007F127F63C59E
RS> $00007F127F63C59E
RS>
RS> I then tried the upgrade process just incase I corrupted anything, no
RS> change to the above errors. Is there any other file(s) other than the
RS> executables I should have remove prior to copying working /mystic dir to
RS> the new /mystic dir?

Are you using the correct build? 64bit or 32bit? Maybe related?

.... Great minds think alike; small minds run together

moving mystic

<1672467136@f81.n105.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1545&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1545

From: nospam.Rick.Smith@f81.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Rick Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 22:10:52 +1300
 by: Rick Smith - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 09:10 UTC

Hello Mike!

Friday December 30 2022 21:03, you wrote to me:

MF> * Forwarded from area 'MYSTIC'
RS>> Greetings All!
RS>>
RS>> I am in the process of moving mystic bbs install from a rpi to a
RS>> VM linux (ubuntu) on proxmox. I installed latest mystic bbs on
RS>> ubuntu and copied everything from my mystic dir minus the arm
RS>> executables to the /mystic on ubuntu however it will not run.
RS>> when I try;
RS>>
RS>> ./mystic -cfg I get
RS>>
RS>> An unhandled exception occurred at $00007FDDD4CDB59E:
RS>> EAccessViolation: Access violation
RS>> $00007FDDD4CDB59E
RS>>
RS>> if I were to try ./mis
RS>>
RS>> Runtime error 216 at $00007F127F63C59E
RS>> $00007F127F63C59E
RS>>
RS>> I then tried the upgrade process just incase I corrupted
RS>> anything, no change to the above errors. Is there any other
RS>> file(s) other than the executables I should have remove prior to
RS>> copying working /mystic dir to the new /mystic dir?
RS>>
RS>>

MF> Are you using the correct build? 64bit or 32bit? Maybe related?

MF> ... Great minds think alike; small minds run together

you know I was on the pi so that was likely 32 bit, would anything other than
the executables be affected by that? I am attempting to use the 64bit ver on
the linux vm. Also I should note that I am doing ubuntu server install no
desktop enviornment?

Regards,

Rick

.... Gay Nude BBSing -- next on Geraldo!

Re: moving mystic

<465479725@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1558&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1558

From: nospam.Ryan.Fantus@f820.n218.z1.fidonet.org (Ryan Fantus)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: moving mystic
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2023 00:52:48 +1300
 by: Ryan Fantus - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 11:52 UTC

RS> ./mystic -cfg I get
RS>
RS> An unhandled exception occurred at $00007FDDD4CDB59E:
RS> EAccessViolation: Access violation
RS> $00007FDDD4CDB59E
RS>
RS> if I were to try ./mis
RS>
RS> Runtime error 216 at $00007F127F63C59E
RS> $00007F127F63C59E

I've run into this in the past once upon a time and sadly never found my way
out of it :( Wishing you the best of luck and if you figure things out, please
let me know what you came up with!

Re: moving mystic

<tp2gr8$1u4h$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1570&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1570

From: tracker1@roughneckbbs.com.remove-this (Michael J. Ryan)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 17:22:00 -0700
 by: Michael J. Ryan - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 00:22 UTC

On 12/30/22 02:10, Rick Smith wrote:
>> Are you using the correct build? 64bit or 32bit? Maybe related?
>
> you know I was on the pi so that was likely 32 bit, would anything other than
> the executables be affected by that? I am attempting to use the 64bit ver on
> the linux vm. Also I should note that I am doing ubuntu server install no
> desktop enviornment?

AFAIK, Ubuntu Server, only supports 64bit arm.

--
Michael J. Ryan
tracker1(at)roughneckbbs.com