Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

SubjectAuthor
* Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningJohn
+* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningAlan
|`* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningJohn
| `- Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningAlan
`* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningTyrone
 `* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningJohn
  +- Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningJohn
  +* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningAlan
  |`* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningTyrone
  | `- Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningJohn
  `* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningTyrone
   `* Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningJohn
    `- Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This MorningThomas E.

1
Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<OiWdnXl5eelbJcL4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15632&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15632

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:40:38 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
Subject: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning
 by: John - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 20:40 UTC

Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least on
14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST. Open it and
it just goes PUFF. Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple reports.
Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<ujodia$1vf94$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15635&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15635

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:43:54 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 20:43 UTC

On 2023-11-23 12:40, John wrote:
> Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least on
> 14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST.   Open it and
> it just goes PUFF.  Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple reports.
> Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.

Oh, no!

A piece of software has a bug!

This has never happened in all of the history of computing!

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<o6ycndHdEKs7W8L4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15644&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15644

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:39:49 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:39 UTC

On 11/23/2023 12:43 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-11-23 12:40, John wrote:
>> Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least on
>> 14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST.   Open it and
>> it just goes PUFF.  Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple
>> reports. Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.
>
> Oh, no!
>
> A piece of software has a bug!
>
> This has never happened in all of the history of computing!

Its turning into a master clusterfuck. Apple has really outdid itself
with this one.

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<ujoh8k$207kr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15648&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15648

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:47:00 -0800
 by: Alan - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 21:47 UTC

On 2023-11-23 13:39, John wrote:
> On 11/23/2023 12:43 PM, Alan wrote:
>> On 2023-11-23 12:40, John wrote:
>>> Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least
>>> on 14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST.   Open it
>>> and it just goes PUFF.  Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple
>>> reports. Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.
>>
>> Oh, no!
>>
>> A piece of software has a bug!
>>
>> This has never happened in all of the history of computing!
>

> Its turning into a master clusterfuck.  Apple has really outdid itself
> with this one.

Why is this somehow particularly disastrous, little loser?

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<9N6dnQ2CzLfDX_34nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15665&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15665

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:33:50 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:33 UTC

On Nov 23, 2023 at 3:40:38 PM EST, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least on
> 14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST. Open it and
> it just goes PUFF. Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple reports.
> Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.

Clearly this has been fixed. No problems here.

Define "multiple reports". 2? 10,000?

I have searched for "Mac app store not working". Nothing came up. Nothing on
iMore. Nothing on MacRumours. Any other sites I should check? Went to Apple
discussions and searched, the most recent was 6 months ago.

At best this sounds like a very minor glitch that you wildly overreacted to.
Not a "massive clusterfuck".

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<OB2dnUfVzee3SP34nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15666&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15666

Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 08:54:02 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nopam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:54 UTC

On 11/24/23 7:33 AM, Tyrone wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2023 at 3:40:38 PM EST, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least on
>> 14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST. Open it and
>> it just goes PUFF. Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple reports.
>> Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.
>
> Clearly this has been fixed. No problems here.
>
> Define "multiple reports". 2? 10,000?
>
> I have searched for "Mac app store not working". Nothing came up. Nothing on
> iMore. Nothing on MacRumours. Any other sites I should check? Went to Apple
> discussions and searched, the most recent was 6 months ago.
>
> At best this sounds like a very minor glitch that you wildly overreacted to.
> Not a "massive clusterfuck".

It was fixed on the server side. Many reports on Apple discussions and
store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours. Apparently Apple
software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening. Thats really poor
software design.

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<8MGcnWRGaNkWS_34nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15667&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15667

Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 08:59:55 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nopam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:59 UTC

On 11/24/23 8:54 AM, John wrote:
> On 11/24/23 7:33 AM, Tyrone wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 2023 at 3:40:38 PM EST, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least on
>>> 14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST.   Open it and
>>> it just goes PUFF.  Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple reports.
>>> Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.
>>
>> Clearly this has been fixed.  No problems here.
>>
>> Define "multiple reports".   2? 10,000?
>>
>> I have searched for "Mac app store not working". Nothing came up.
>> Nothing on
>> iMore. Nothing on MacRumours. Any other sites I should check? Went to
>> Apple
>> discussions and searched, the most recent was 6 months ago.
>>
>> At best this sounds like a very minor glitch that you wildly
>> overreacted to.
>> Not a "massive clusterfuck".
>

> It was fixed on the server side.  Many reports on Apple discussions and
> store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours.  Apparently Apple
> software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
> cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening.    Thats really poor
> software design.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255296963?answerId=259864442022&replyId=259864442022&login=true&page=1

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<ujqmv9$2dc79$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15668&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15668

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 09:36:40 -0800
 by: Alan - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:36 UTC

On 2023-11-24 08:54, John wrote:
> On 11/24/23 7:33 AM, Tyrone wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 2023 at 3:40:38 PM EST, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks like the Mac App Store is crashing on multiple Macs (at least on
>>> 14..1.1) this morning starting at around 1000 hours PST.   Open it and
>>> it just goes PUFF.  Went to Apple discussions and saw multiple reports.
>>> Expect it to make the news on the Apple sites at anytime.
>>
>> Clearly this has been fixed.  No problems here.
>>
>> Define "multiple reports".   2? 10,000?
>>
>> I have searched for "Mac app store not working". Nothing came up.
>> Nothing on
>> iMore. Nothing on MacRumours. Any other sites I should check? Went to
>> Apple
>> discussions and searched, the most recent was 6 months ago.
>>
>> At best this sounds like a very minor glitch that you wildly
>> overreacted to.
>> Not a "massive clusterfuck".
>

> It was fixed on the server side.  Many reports on Apple discussions and
> store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours.  Apparently Apple
> software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
> cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening.    Thats really poor
> software design.

And you have decades of software design experience, do you?

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<D7-dnQz7of2m3fz4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15669&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15669

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:30:51 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:30 UTC

On Nov 24, 2023 at 11:54:02 AM EST, "John" <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:

> It was fixed on the server side. Many reports on Apple discussions and
> store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours. Apparently Apple
> software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
> cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening. Thats really poor
> software design.

Well OF COURSE "something malfunctioning on the server side can crash" ANY app
that is depending on that server. It was fixed in a few hours - on
Thanksgiving BTW, when not many people would be working at Apple to fix it.

As I suspected, a very minor issue described as a "massive clusterfuck" by
you. It could have been just something needed rebooting - a server, some
networking equipment, who knows?

WTF is wrong with you?

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<ytCdnT0qpsXX3vz4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15670&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15670

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:43:54 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 00:43 UTC

On Nov 24, 2023 at 12:36:40 PM EST, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> On 2023-11-24 08:54, John wrote:

>>> Clearly this has been fixed. No problems here.
>>>
>>> Define "multiple reports". 2? 10,000?
>>>
>>> I have searched for "Mac app store not working". Nothing came up.
>>> Nothing on
>>> iMore. Nothing on MacRumours. Any other sites I should check? Went to
>>> Apple
>>> discussions and searched, the most recent was 6 months ago.
>>>
>>> At best this sounds like a very minor glitch that you wildly
>>> overreacted to.
>>> Not a "massive clusterfuck".
>>

>> It was fixed on the server side. Many reports on Apple discussions and
>> store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours. Apparently Apple
>> software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
>> cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening. Thats really poor
>> software design.
>
> And you have decades of software design experience, do you?

I do. John clearly does not. "Something malfunctioning on the server side" can
cause all kinds of problems for downstream software that is depending on that
server. Depending on the exact nature of the issue, results can range from app
not opening, to app freezing, to app crashing. Or anything else in between.

You can't code for/test for/prevent all problem scenarios in an app as trivial
as the Mac App Store. Hospitals/governments/orphaned children homes/etc. are
not depending on the Mac App Store being available 24 hours a day 365 days a
year. That it was crashing is a big "So what? It will be fixed shortly".

Sheesh. An actual Tempest in a Teapot.

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<KpOdnbSSntwRzPz4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15671&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15671

Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:44:44 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:44 UTC

On 11/24/2023 4:30 PM, Tyrone wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2023 at 11:54:02 AM EST, "John" <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>> It was fixed on the server side. Many reports on Apple discussions and
>> store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours. Apparently Apple
>> software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
>> cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening. Thats really poor
>> software design.
>
> Well OF COURSE "something malfunctioning on the server side can crash" ANY app
> that is depending on that server. It was fixed in a few hours - on
> Thanksgiving BTW, when not many people would be working at Apple to fix it.
>
> As I suspected, a very minor issue described as a "massive clusterfuck" by
> you. It could have been just something needed rebooting - a server, some
> networking equipment, who knows?
>
> WTF is wrong with you?

WTF is wrong with you for defending shitty software?

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<KpOdnbeSntxXzPz4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15672&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15672

Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:45:46 -0800
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 01:45 UTC

On 11/24/2023 4:43 PM, Tyrone wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2023 at 12:36:40 PM EST, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> It was fixed on the server side. Many reports on Apple discussions and
>>> store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours. Apparently Apple
>>> software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
>>> cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening. Thats really poor
>>> software design.
>>
>> And you have decades of software design experience, do you?
>
> I do. John clearly does not. "Something malfunctioning on the server side" can
> cause all kinds of problems for downstream software that is depending on that
> server. Depending on the exact nature of the issue, results can range from app
> not opening, to app freezing, to app crashing. Or anything else in between.
>
> You can't code for/test for/prevent all problem scenarios in an app as trivial
> as the Mac App Store. Hospitals/governments/orphaned children homes/etc. are
> not depending on the Mac App Store being available 24 hours a day 365 days a
> year. That it was crashing is a big "So what? It will be fixed shortly".
>
> Sheesh. An actual Tempest in a Teapot.

Yet the App Store worked just fine for Mac OS other than Mac OS 14.
You have low standards.

Re: Mac App Store Clusterfuck This Morning

<2d70090c-974e-48fa-b0cb-e8fbdbe2a90fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15673&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#15673

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 06:33:30 -0800 (PST)
From: thomas.e.elam@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 14:33 UTC

On Friday, November 24, 2023 at 8:44:56 PM UTC-5, John wrote:
> On 11/24/2023 4:30 PM, Tyrone wrote:
> > On Nov 24, 2023 at 11:54:02 AM EST, "John" <no...@nospam.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> It was fixed on the server side. Many reports on Apple discussions and
> >> store unusable with Mac OS 14 for about 6 hours. Apparently Apple
> >> software is so bad that something malfunctioning on the server side can
> >> cause the Mac App Store to crash on opening. Thats really poor
> >> software design.
> >
> > Well OF COURSE "something malfunctioning on the server side can crash" ANY app
> > that is depending on that server. It was fixed in a few hours - on
> > Thanksgiving BTW, when not many people would be working at Apple to fix it.
> >
> > As I suspected, a very minor issue described as a "massive clusterfuck" by
> > you. It could have been just something needed rebooting - a server, some
> > networking equipment, who knows?
> >
> > WTF is wrong with you?
>

> WTF is wrong with you for defending shitty software?

Alan will defend Apple no matter how bad they screw up. Get over it.