From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: Resale value
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 23:27:45 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 03:27 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote

> The reality is that those who actually need or want a headphone jack on
> their smartphone is becoming an increasing minority and the headphone
> jack *is* being phased out. Just like the plenty of other tech before
> it were phased out (for example, computer floppy disk drives, computer
> CD drives, etc.).

Let's look at this issue using something called logic, shall we?
And intelligence too.

With a bit of knowledge (e.g., most phones have the headphone jack).

First off, let's look at it from the standpoint of the OEM, shall we.

Q: *Why does any OEM remove the headphone jack?*
A: If you don't know why, then you have a problem with cognition.
HINT: It's not for waterproofing.
DOUBLEHINT: It's not for any benefit to the consumer.

Now, let's look at the phone from the standpoint of the user, shall we?
Q: *What does a phone w/o the jack do that the phone with it can't do?*
A: Nothing.
HINT: Loss of the jack is a huge negative in every possible way.

Hmmm.... The user gains nothing, and, in fact the user loses a lot.
But the OEM gains something, now don't they. heh heh heh

As for headphone jacks "becoming an increasing minority", why do you say
such stupid things when you know that it takes seconds to factually
determine that over three quarters of current Android models have it?

Who is that incredibly ignorant to claim that 3/4 is a "minority"?

The fact the iPhone is crippled is what you're making excuses for.
*Nobody wants it* *Nobody needs it*

And yet, three quarters of all Android phones currently sold have it.
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/SQ4XGhFaOgI>

In summary, Apple profited greatly by crippling the iPhone, and you fell
for it, hook line and sinker. You're stuck stuttering trying to claim
*Nobody wants it* *Nobody needs it*

Even though everyone but you has it.
So you're stuck making excuses why your iPhone is crippled.
--
There's a reason Apple focuses on gullible customers to make their profits.