America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up. -- Oscar Wilde

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: choose 'collapsed' view for threads

SubjectAuthor
* choose 'collapsed' view for threadsBill
`* choose 'collapsed' view for threadsCarlos E. R.
 +* choose 'collapsed' view for threadsAndy Burns
 |`- choose 'collapsed' view for threadsCarlos E. R.
 `- choose 'collapsed' view for threadsRetirednoguilt

1
choose 'collapsed' view for threads

<ugk5gu$2eb6c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1518&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1518

From: king621@comcast.net (Bill)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: choose 'collapsed' view for threads
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:13:16 -0700
 by: Bill - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 20:13 UTC

Using TB 115.3.1 64bit. I'm new to this version. In a newsgroup display,
in the right pane, in the Subject column the only views I can get are
all 'expanded' style.
I want to click something to 'collapse' them all. So that the column has
a single entry for each thread, the entry being the subject. Isn't there
a 'collapse all' selection?
Toggling back into 'expanded' view is also desirable. It seems like
that was always a feature usually available for something like this.
TIA. Bill S.

Re: choose 'collapsed' view for threads

<kp5kcpFpuvuU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1519&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1519

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: choose 'collapsed' view for threads
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 22:22:49 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 16 Oct 2023 20:22 UTC

On 2023-10-16 22:13, Bill wrote:
> Using TB 115.3.1 64bit. I'm new to this version. In a newsgroup display,
> in the right pane, in the Subject column the only views I can get are
> all 'expanded' style.
> I want to click something to 'collapse' them all. So that the column has
> a single entry for each thread, the entry being the subject. Isn't there
> a 'collapse all' selection?
> Toggling back into 'expanded' view is also desirable. It seems like that
> was always a feature usually available for something like this.

There is a key that collapses them all: '\'

Me, I would like a preference so that when I switch to a news group or
mail folder, it opens with all threads collapsed by default, and the
focus in the last thread, ie, the most recent one, at the bottom, till I
change it.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: choose 'collapsed' view for threads

<kp6ng4F23viU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1526&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1526

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:21:57 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 06:21 UTC

Carlos E. R. wrote:

> I would like a preference so that when I switch to a news group or mail
> folder, it opens with all threads collapsed by default

I wish it would too.

With v102 the view remembered enough state that it didn't bother me, but
with how the view of a group seems to work in v115, I "have" to hit '\'
every time.

Re: choose 'collapsed' view for threads

<kp6qqbF27tvU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1535&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1535

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 09:18:35 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 07:18 UTC

On 2023-10-17 08:21, Andy Burns wrote:
> Carlos E. R. wrote:
>
>> I would like a preference so that when I switch to a news group or
>> mail folder, it opens with all threads collapsed by default
>
> I wish it would too.
>
> With v102 the view remembered enough state that it didn't bother me, but
> with how the view of a group seems to work in v115, I "have" to hit '\'
> every time.

And often the focus goes to the top of the list instead of staying put
at the bottom.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: choose 'collapsed' view for threads

<uglu91$2uujo$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1547&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#1547

From: HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 08:21:51 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 12:21 UTC

On 10/16/2023 4:22 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-10-16 22:13, Bill wrote:
>> Using TB 115.3.1 64bit. I'm new to this version. In a newsgroup display,
>> in the right pane, in the Subject column the only views I can get are
>> all 'expanded' style.
>> I want to click something to 'collapse' them all. So that the column has
>> a single entry for each thread, the entry being the subject. Isn't there
>> a 'collapse all' selection?
>> Toggling back into 'expanded' view is also desirable. It seems like that
>> was always a feature usually available for something like this.
>
> There is a key that collapses them all: '\'
>
> Me, I would like a preference so that when I switch to a news group or
> mail folder, it opens with all threads collapsed by default, and the
> focus in the last thread, ie, the most recent one, at the bottom, till I
> change it.

Me too. If current behavior isn't a bug, I wish developers would provide
a reliable and easy way to set "all collapsed" as a sticky, default option.

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: choose 'collapsed' view for threads