From: nospam.Alisha.Stutz@f1.n301.z2.fidonet.org (Alisha Stutz)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Mystic BBS for Raspberry Pi 64 Bit
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:29:32 +1300
 by: Alisha Stutz - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:29 UTC

Hello g00r00!

Is there any hope for a Mystic BBS version for the Raspberry Pi in 64 bit in
the near future? Why I ask this is very simple.

1.) Rasperry Pi IV with 8 Gigabyte need a 64 Bit Linux so that the whole 8GB
memory can be accessed.

2.) If I take for example Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS 32 Bit. DOSEMU2 is missing
therefore no Door Games are possible but MysticBBS runs on Raspberry Pi.

3.) If I take for example Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS 64 Bit I have DOSEMU2,
therefore Door Games would run, but Mystic BBS does not run on a Raspberry Pi.

It would be really great that with the next PreAlpha version also a 64 bit
version for Raspberry Pi would appear, as it is also the case with Linux x86/64
and Windows.

Greetings
Alisha

Re: Mystic BBS for Raspberry Pi 64 Bit

<1485620133@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1524&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1524

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Mystic BBS for Raspberry Pi 64 Bit
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 18:58:31 +1300
 by: g00r00 - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 05:58 UTC

AS> Is there any hope for a Mystic BBS version for the Raspberry Pi in 64
AS> bit in the near future? Why I ask this is very simple.
AS>
AS> 1.) Rasperry Pi IV with 8 Gigabyte need a 64 Bit Linux so that the whole
AS> 8GB memory can be accessed.

Yes there is. I did compile a 64-bit Pi version a while back but it apparently
was severely broken, too broken to really give anyone to run.

I also don't have a Pi 64-bit and they've been difficult to get the past year
or two.

And then there is compiler compatibility. I think 64-bit ARM was somewhat
experiemental back then too.

Now that Pi 64-bit is more common, its time to re-review things and see if we
can get an update out for 64-bit.

.... 24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a case. Hmmmm...