From: newskrawl@krawl.org (NewsKrawler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovered by Microsoft researchers
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 23:50:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: NewsKrawler - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 23:50 UTC

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/20/mac-gatekeeper-bypass/
Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovery by Microsoft researchers
fixed by Apple

A serious Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability has been fixed by Apple,
after it was discovered and reported by security researchers at Microsoft.

The flaw allowed malware to bypass Gatekeeper checks. Notably, the
vulnerability even affected Macs running in ultra-safe Lockdown Mode.

Re: Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovered by Microsoft researchers

<to687b$80ht$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15169&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15169

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovered by Microsoft
researchers
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 08:03:07 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 07:03 UTC

Am 24.12.22 um 00:50 schrieb NewsKrawler:
> https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/20/mac-gatekeeper-bypass/
> Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovery by Microsoft researchers
> fixed by Apple
>
> A serious Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability has been fixed by Apple,
> after it was discovered and reported by security researchers at Microsoft.

Already very old news.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovered by Microsoft researchers

<HuicnbK8u7t1ujT-nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=15180&group=comp.sys.mac.system#15180

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovered by
Microsoft researchers
From: none@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 04:49:44 +0000
 by: Bob Campbell - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 04:49 UTC

Joerg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Am 24.12.22 um 00:50 schrieb NewsKrawler:
>> https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/20/mac-gatekeeper-bypass/
>> Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovery by Microsoft researchers
>> fixed by Apple
>>
>> A serious Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability has been fixed by Apple,
>> after it was discovered and reported by security researchers at Microsoft.
>
> Already very old news.

Also good news. Must be a slow “bad news day” for Apple. 🙄

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: Mac Gatekeeper bypass vulnerability discovered by Microsoft researchers