From: Doug@hyperspace.vogon.gov (Andrew)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Seamonkey Abort while deleting expired threads (News)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:24:37 +0100
 by: Andrew - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:24 UTC

comp.lang.cobol is currently being spammed (from Google Groups of
course) and I have started Ignoring the spam threads.
Then I noticed that one message had been cancelled - presumably by the
owner of the server - and Seamonkey was offering to delete expired
threads (or however it puts it).
Well, I made the Ignored threads visible - in case that helps Seamonkey
find them to delete them - and clicked on the "Delete Expired Threads"
button.

Seamonkey died, there and then.

Restarting it, the threads I'm ignoring had vanished again so I
positioned back to the "expired" message and clicked on the button
again. This time it worked.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Seamonkey Abort while deleting expired threads (News)