From: nospam.IB.Joe@f200.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Issue
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 12:38:20 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sun, 30 Oct 2022 23:38 UTC

I know that I mentioned this once before and I'm not sure not sure if what
is/will become of it...

I have a few message Groups... Local/Fido/Usenet just to mention a few. Years
ago I recall reading that JAM message base responds slower if there are large
numbers of files in the directory, message base files.

I don't recall why that was, if it was hardware or software limitations based
on that time or whatever... So, I separate my message groups into different
directories /msg/dovenet /msg/fido/ and so on..

If Mystic auto creates a message base and I change where Mystic sees the
message base it'll copy over the files from where Mystic auto created them to
where I made the changes...

Here you go.... If I ignore things for a while and there are a large number of
areas and I try to uses the Global option... and I make the changes I want to
have for several areas... It'll change the directory but not copy over the JAM
files from the old directory to the new one like Mystic does when I do them one
at a time.

Oooooh, BTW... I forget what it was that I was doing. I was messing with the
message base setup and all my area setup for FidoNET only vanished .... I
didn't back it up so I'm left with Mystic auto creating the areas as they come
in. Mystic is not using, or back filling, any of the newly vacant area numbers
that were left open from my FidoNET purge...

I have enough on my mind, midterm elections, war in Ukraine, gas prices,
inflation and what not. Now I'm focused on the fact that Mystic is not using
the newly vacant area numbers.

Great Job... I love Mystic

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Shortcut: longest distance between two points