From: nospam.Al.DeRosa@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: poll.bsy
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 18:46:52 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 05:46 UTC

Not sure if this message got out last night as I was having a lot of issues
with messages not going out.. But here goes..

I could have sworn I read somewhere that with A48 some were having issues
with poll.bsy not being deleted. Is anyone having this issue?? I am noticing
that sometimes it is not being deleted in the Linux version. I noticed it
yesterday, my network traffic wasn't leaving my board, when I deleted the
poll.bsy it was fine, then tonight I noticed it again was sitting in the
semaphore directory and nothing was transferred to my CNet Amiga or Synchro
board most of the day..

And now tonight I get home and there is a poll.bsy sitting in the directory and
no transfers to any of my other boards.. I can set up a cron even to delete the
poll.bsy every hour but what happens if the BBS is in the middle of a poll when
it gets deleted..

Anyone else having this issue??

Al

.... Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Re: poll.bsy

<3846614908@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1493&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1493

From: nospam.Al.DeRosa@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: poll.bsy
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 19:12:30 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 06:12 UTC

Just a quick followup, checked the semaphore directory tonight and there is a
poll.bsy in it from yesterday. I tried to force a mis poll forced and get the
response poll is busy I deleted the poll.bsy and it allowed the forced poll.
Received some packets from the networks and it deleted after it was done
sending the files out to my other connections. I have tried to add in the
option to delete poll.bsy in the configuration in events forced poll option it
saves then a few hours later it is no longer in the option to delete. This I
believe is a bug in Linux version only, my windows version never had this
issue.. Hopefully, this helps g00r00 out a little bit..

.... Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?