grep me no patterns and I'll tell you no lines.

computers / alt.windows7.general / adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible

SubjectAuthor
* adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visibles|b
+* Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visibleEd Cryer
|`- Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visibles|b
`* Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visibleStan Brown
 +- Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visibles|b
 `- Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visibles|b

1
adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible

<ijgbipF9cu1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1485&group=alt.windows7.general#1485

From: me@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:01:16 +0200
 by: s|b - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 09:01 UTC

Every time I try to access a certain folder via Explorer my CPU peaks to
100%, caused by adwidsagent.exe*. I can't access the files, so the
folder appears empty, but you can see some movement on the scroll bar.
Like it's trying to refresh at high speed.

When I open the folder with FreeCommander, there's no problem.

Anybody know what's going on and how I can fix this? I have no doubt
AVAST (free, latest version 21.4) is causing this and I've set it up to
ignore this folder, but the behaviour stays the same.

* C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast

--
s|b

Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible

<sav1h8$h4v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1486&group=alt.windows7.general#1486

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:13:30 +0100
 by: Ed Cryer - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 10:13 UTC

s|b wrote:
> Every time I try to access a certain folder via Explorer my CPU peaks to
> 100%, caused by adwidsagent.exe*. I can't access the files, so the
> folder appears empty, but you can see some movement on the scroll bar.
> Like it's trying to refresh at high speed.
>
> When I open the folder with FreeCommander, there's no problem.
>
> Anybody know what's going on and how I can fix this? I have no doubt
> AVAST (free, latest version 21.4) is causing this and I've set it up to
> ignore this folder, but the behaviour stays the same.
>

> * C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast

I've seen this problem. It's the Behaviour Shield program. Turn it off
and reboot.
And then post a complaint in rhe Avast Forum;
https://forum.avast.com/index.php
It's about time they fixed this.

Ed

Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible

<MPG.3b3cf640e9fc22cb98fde1@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1488&group=alt.windows7.general#1488

From: the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 08:42:30 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:42 UTC

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:01:16 +0200, s|b wrote:

> Every time I try to access a certain folder via Explorer my CPU peaks to
> 100%, caused by adwidsagent.exe*. I can't access the files, so the
> folder appears empty, but you can see some movement on the scroll bar.
> Like it's trying to refresh at high speed.
>
> When I open the folder with FreeCommander, there's no problem.
>
> Anybody know what's going on and how I can fix this? I have no doubt
> AVAST (free, latest version 21.4) is causing this and I've set it up to
> ignore this folder, but the behaviour stays the same.

Do you perchance have a zillion pictures in that folder -- or videos,
or anything else where Windows tries to present previews?

If you open a command prompt and CD to that folder, can you "dir" it?

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
https://OakRoadSystems.com/

Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible

<ijhg4fFg9s3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1490&group=alt.windows7.general#1490

From: me@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 21:25:06 +0200
 by: s|b - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:25 UTC

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 11:13:30 +0100, Ed Cryer wrote:

> I've seen this problem. It's the Behaviour Shield program. Turn it off
> and reboot.
> And then post a complaint in rhe Avast Forum;
> https://forum.avast.com/index.php
> It's about time they fixed this.

I already searched the forum. The Behaviour Shield was mentioned, but
turning it off seems to much. It's just the one folder and I can still
open it with FreeCommander.

--
s|b

Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible

<ijhh7tFgfolU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1491&group=alt.windows7.general#1491

From: me@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 21:44:00 +0200
 by: s|b - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:44 UTC

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 08:42:30 -0700, Stan Brown wrote:

> Do you perchance have a zillion pictures in that folder -- or videos,
> or anything else where Windows tries to present previews?

YES! It contains 169 files; 61 JPG-files and 104 MP4-files (rather
small, no more than 200 MiB each). View is set to Details.
> If you open a command prompt and CD to that folder, can you "dir" it?

Yes.

--
s|b

Re: adwidsagent.exe cpu peak 100% and explorer folder not visible

<ijrnp7Fev23U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1582&group=alt.windows7.general#1582

From: me@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 18:36:55 +0200
 by: s|b - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 16:36 UTC

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 08:42:30 -0700, Stan Brown wrote:

> Do you perchance have a zillion pictures in that folder -- or videos,
> or anything else where Windows tries to present previews?
>
> If you open a command prompt and CD to that folder, can you "dir" it?

Stan? Are you still there? It sounded like you can offer a solution to
my problem.

--
s|b