From: nospam.Nicola.Mettimano@f601.n335.z2.fidonet.org (Nicola Mettimano)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: sending mail failing e-mail validation
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:41:40 +1200
 by: Nicola Mettimano - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 03:41 UTC

Some step forward here....
Mystic use its code to send email trought an external SMTP, so is't not an
OS/sendmail misconfiguration problem and then I was able to completely remove
sendmail* from my OS.
On my firewall (in real time filter) I saw that requests on ports 587 and 465
are sent to theexternal SMTP server so the problem was certainly
authentication. I switched SSL/TLS from yes to no and changed port to standard
25 and it worked, then the problem is cryptlib related, i think; i use 3.4.5.0
compilend under Ubuntu server 22.04 and g++ 9 (is't the only way to compile it
under my os).
g00r00 what do you think about?

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / sending mail failing e-mail validation