"Trust me. I know what I'm doing." -- Sledge Hammer

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

SubjectAuthor
* Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many yearsWally J
+* Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many yearsSnit
|`* Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many yearsMickey D
| `* Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day forcandycanearter07
|  `* Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day forAlan
|   `- Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every dayJolly Roger
`- Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day forAlan

1
Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

<uej8da$1k14k$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14623&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14623

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:23:54 -0400
 by: Wally J - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 05:23 UTC

> The free Galaxies came about 3 years ago with Android 11.
> But they were updated as of just this month to Android 13 & full patches.

The problem is the ignorant iKooks have no idea how an OS updates.

Unlike iOS (which uses a primitive monolithic update mechanism),
Android updates in multiple layers (over fifty different layers!).

Such that it's easy for Samsung/Google/T-Mobile to update my phone
which T-Mobile gave me for free back in April 2021 on Android 11.

Today it upgraded to Android 13 and September's full security patches.
<https://i.postimg.cc/X7n5YVVs/galaxy-update-upgrade.jpg>

That doesn't even include the 34 core Android operating system updates
which are happening every single day to billions of Androids over the net.
<https://www.androidpolice.com/project-mainline-android-14/>

Meanwhile, my iPhones and iPads are stuck with the primitive monolith.

Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

<ZB9PM.12285$C_lf.9600@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14624&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14624

From: brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 05:28:25 GMT
 by: Snit - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 05:28 UTC

On Sep 21, 2023 at 10:23:54 PM MST, "Wally J" wrote
<uej8da$1k14k$1@paganini.bofh.team>:

>> The free Galaxies came about 3 years ago with Android 11.
>> But they were updated as of just this month to Android 13 & full patches.
>
> The problem is the ignorant iKooks have no idea how an OS updates.
>
> Unlike iOS (which uses a primitive monolithic update mechanism),
> Android updates in multiple layers (over fifty different layers!).
>
> Such that it's easy for Samsung/Google/T-Mobile to update my phone
> which T-Mobile gave me for free back in April 2021 on Android 11.
>
> Today it upgraded to Android 13 and September's full security patches.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/X7n5YVVs/galaxy-update-upgrade.jpg>
>
> That doesn't even include the 34 core Android operating system updates
> which are happening every single day to billions of Androids over the net.
> <https://www.androidpolice.com/project-mainline-android-14/>
>
> Meanwhile, my iPhones and iPads are stuck with the primitive monolith.

Enjoy your two or so years of full updates.

LOL!

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

<uej9cb$2smr$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14627&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14627

From: mickeydavis078XX@ptd.net (Mickey D)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 01:40:27 -0400
sha1:KEEE4OuFQDwLRsxIHWfXPgfcIG8= sha256:BqHMSdNfaQZT90W8N953pcmsphoJL+KcBo1UEgqcZsc=
 by: Mickey D - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 05:40 UTC

On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 05:28:25 GMT, Snit wrote:

>> Meanwhile, my iPhones and iPads are stuck with the primitive monolith.
>
> Enjoy your two or so years of full updates.

Maybe you haven't read the news in the last five years about Android?

Android project mainline is over 10 years of full daily patches.
Samsung Galaxy phones are five or six years of full updates & upgrades.

Apple dropped full hotfix patch support for iOS 16 just last week.
That means the oldest Apple iPhone that has full patch support is the XR.

The XR released in 2018 so that's five years less than Android support.

Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

<uek8ln$9jou$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14628&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14628

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for
many years
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 09:34:31 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:34 UTC

On 9/22/23 00:40, Mickey D wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 05:28:25 GMT, Snit wrote:
>
>>> Meanwhile, my iPhones and iPads are stuck with the primitive monolith.
>>
>> Enjoy your two or so years of full updates.
>
> Maybe you haven't read the news in the last five years about Android?
>
> Android project mainline is over 10 years of full daily patches.
> Samsung Galaxy phones are five or six years of full updates & upgrades.
>
> Apple dropped full hotfix patch support for iOS 16 just last week.
> That means the oldest Apple iPhone that has full patch support is the XR.
>
> The XR released in 2018 so that's five years less than Android support.

I feel like the time will get shorter in the future too

Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

<uekcf3$aao7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14630&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14630

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
many years
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:39:15 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 15:39 UTC

On 2023-09-22 07:34, candycanearter07 wrote:

>>> Enjoy your two or so years of full updates.
>>
>> Maybe you haven't read the news in the last five years about Android?
>>
>> Android project mainline is over 10 years of full daily patches.
>> Samsung Galaxy phones are five or six years of full updates & upgrades.
>>
>> Apple dropped full hotfix patch support for iOS 16 just last week.
>> That means the oldest Apple iPhone that has full patch support is the XR.
>>
>> The XR released in 2018 so that's five years less than Android support.
>
> I feel like the time will get shorter in the future too

Based on what?

Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

<kn68reFrnlkU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14634&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14634

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day
for many years
Date: 22 Sep 2023 19:39:26 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 19:39 UTC

On 2023-09-22, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-09-22 07:34, candycanearter07 wrote:

>>> Maybe you haven't read the news in the last five years about
>>> Android?
>>>
>>> Android project mainline is over 10 years of full daily patches.
>>> Samsung Galaxy phones are five or six years of full updates &
>>> upgrades.
>>>
>>> Apple dropped full hotfix patch support for iOS 16 just last week.
>>> That means the oldest Apple iPhone that has full patch support is
>>> the XR.
>>>
>>> The XR released in 2018 so that's five years less than Android
>>> support.
>>
>> I feel like the time will get shorter in the future too
>
> Based on what?

Based on his fee-fees. Because: troll.

JR

Re: Unlike the primitive iOS monolith, Android updates every day for many years

<uekun6$db48$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14635&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14635

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
many years
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:50:46 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:50 UTC

On 2023-09-21 22:23, Wally J wrote:
>> The free Galaxies came about 3 years ago with Android 11.
>> But they were updated as of just this month to Android 13 & full patches.
>
> The problem is the ignorant iKooks have no idea how an OS updates.
>
> Unlike iOS (which uses a primitive monolithic update mechanism),

No. It doesn't. That's simply false.