19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

computers / comp.sys.mac.system / Re: (PDF) spammer

SubjectAuthor
* (PDF) Viruses in food and water - Risks, surveillance and control byhester holt
`* Re: (PDF) spammerChris Schram
 +- Re: (PDF) spammerThe Doctor
 +* Re: (PDF) spammerWolffan
 |`* Re: (PDF) spammerYour Name
 | `- Re: (PDF) spammerThe Doctor
 `* Re: (PDF) spammerYour Name
  `- Re: (PDF) spammerThe Doctor

1
(PDF) Viruses in food and water - Risks, surveillance and control by Nigel Cook

<ae4de8d0-c148-4542-abe6-e591b1a7f008n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14386&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14386

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 01:28:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: (PDF) Viruses in food and water - Risks, surveillance and control by
Nigel Cook
From: hesterholt7@gmail.com (hester holt)
 by: hester holt - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 08:28 UTC

This is the PDF eBook version for Viruses in food and water - Risks, surveillance and control by Nigel Cook
(Download link for cheap price) https://booksca.ca/library/pdf-viruses-in-food-and-water-risks-surveillance-and-control-by-nigel-cook/

Re: (PDF) spammer

<t941af$16m5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14387&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14387

From: chrispam1@me.com (Chris Schram)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: (PDF) spammer
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 09:49:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chris Schram - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 09:49 UTC

On 2022-06-24, hester holt <hesterholt7@gmail.com> spammed:

There does not seem to be a mechanism outside of groups.google.com to
fool in public, I've started holding my nose, and going to the site to
report each instance of this abuse. No guarantees, but just perhaps this
kind of response will hasten the cancellation of his account.

--
chrispam1@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
You're better off replying to this newsgroup.

Re: (PDF) spammer

<t94j4s$2fcn$45@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14388&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14388

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 14:53:16 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 14:53 UTC

In article <t941af$16m5$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Chris Schram <chrispam1@me.com> wrote:
>On 2022-06-24, hester holt <hesterholt7@gmail.com> spammed:
>
>There does not seem to be a mechanism outside of groups.google.com to
>fool in public, I've started holding my nose, and going to the site to
>report each instance of this abuse. No guarantees, but just perhaps this
>kind of response will hasten the cancellation of his account.
>
>--
>chrispam1@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
>You're better off replying to this newsgroup.

The only way is to see groups.google.com peered off and isolated!

Gmail also has it sahre of spammers.

Proofs:

https://www.nk.ca/blog/index.php?/categories/14-Google-Spam

and for this one you need a google account

https://groups.google.com/search/conversations?q=Depeer%20Google%20groups%20now
Saying good things is evil when they are lies. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: (PDF) spammer

<0001HW.28660F6A02401E1F700005AD838F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14389&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14389

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 11:27:38 -0400
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
 by: Wolffan - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:27 UTC

On 24 Jun 2022, Chris Schram wrote
(in article <t941af$16m5$1@gioia.aioe.org>):

> On 2022-06-24, hester holt<hesterholt7@gmail.com> spammed:
>
> There does not seem to be a mechanism outside of groups.google.com to
> fool in public, I've started holding my nose, and going to the site to
> report each instance of this abuse. No guarantees, but just perhaps this
> kind of response will hasten the cancellation of his account.

If you make enough noise, and it will have to be a lot of noise, GG will drop
the group. This means that Our Hero will no longer be able to spam here. It
also means that other GG users won’t be able to access the group, either.
Personally, I think that GG is an abomination, but a lot of newbies don’t
have NNTP clients and access to a newsfeed anymore. This means that newbies
may get locked out. Are you sure that you want to do that, rather than just
KFing the spammer?

Re: (PDF) spammer

<t95doj$oru$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14391&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14391

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 10:27:31 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:27 UTC

On 2022-06-24 15:27:38 +0000, Wolffan said:
> On 24 Jun 2022, Chris Schram wrote
> (in article <t941af$16m5$1@gioia.aioe.org>):
>> On 2022-06-24, hester holt<hesterholt7@gmail.com> spammed:
>>
>> There does not seem to be a mechanism outside of groups.google.com to
>> fool in public, I've started holding my nose, and going to the site to
>> report each instance of this abuse. No guarantees, but just perhaps this
>> kind of response will hasten the cancellation of his account.
>
> If you make enough noise, and it will have to be a lot of noise, GG will drop
> the group. This means that Our Hero will no longer be able to spam here.

The selfish asshole spams numerous groups with his PDF crap, you'd have
to shut down Usenet completely.

> It also means that other GG users won’t be able to access the group, either.
> Personally, I think that GG is an abomination, but a lot of newbies don’t
> have NNTP clients and access to a newsfeed anymore. This means that newbies
> may get locked out. Are you sure that you want to do that, rather than just
> KFing the spammer?

Re: (PDF) spammer

<t95dq6$oru$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14392&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14392

From: YourName@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 10:28:22 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:28 UTC

On 2022-06-24 09:49:03 +0000, Chris Schram said:

> On 2022-06-24, hester holt <hesterholt7@gmail.com> spammed:
>
> There does not seem to be a mechanism outside of groups.google.com to
> fool in public, I've started holding my nose, and going to the site to
> report each instance of this abuse. No guarantees, but just perhaps this
> kind of response will hasten the cancellation of his account.

Reporting the idiot won't achieve anything. Even if Google bothers to
do anything, the selfish f'wit will simply create another free Google
account and carry on spamming everywhere.

Re: (PDF) spammer

<t95nd1$1etd$20@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14393&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14393

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 01:12:01 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 01:12 UTC

In article <t95dq6$oru$2@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2022-06-24 09:49:03 +0000, Chris Schram said:
>
>> On 2022-06-24, hester holt <hesterholt7@gmail.com> spammed:
>>
>> There does not seem to be a mechanism outside of groups.google.com to
>> fool in public, I've started holding my nose, and going to the site to
>> report each instance of this abuse. No guarantees, but just perhaps this
>> kind of response will hasten the cancellation of his account.
>
>Reporting the idiot won't achieve anything. Even if Google bothers to
>do anything, the selfish f'wit will simply create another free Google
>account and carry on spamming everywhere.

Make them pay!!
Saying good things is evil when they are lies. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: (PDF) spammer

<t95ndp$1etd$21@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14395&group=comp.sys.mac.system#14395

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 01:12:25 -0000 (UTC)

In article <t95doj$oru$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2022-06-24 15:27:38 +0000, Wolffan said:
>> On 24 Jun 2022, Chris Schram wrote
>> (in article <t941af$16m5$1@gioia.aioe.org>):
>>> On 2022-06-24, hester holt<hesterholt7@gmail.com> spammed:
>>>
>>> There does not seem to be a mechanism outside of groups.google.com to
>>> fool in public, I've started holding my nose, and going to the site to
>>> report each instance of this abuse. No guarantees, but just perhaps this
>>> kind of response will hasten the cancellation of his account.
>>
>> If you make enough noise, and it will have to be a lot of noise, GG will drop
>> the group. This means that Our Hero will no longer be able to spam here.
>
>The selfish asshole spams numerous groups with his PDF crap, you'd have
>to shut down Usenet completely.
>

>> It also means that other GG users won’t be able to access the group, either.
>> Personally, I think that GG is an abomination, but a lot of newbies don’t
>> have NNTP clients and access to a newsfeed anymore. This means that newbies
>> may get locked out. Are you sure that you want to do that, rather than just
>> KFing the spammer?

GG abuse is absent.