The program isn't debugged until the last user is dead.

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

SubjectAuthor
* Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterThomas E.
+* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterJohn
|`* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterBob Campbell
| `* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterAlan
|  +* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterThomas E.
|  |`* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterAlan
|  | `* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterThomas E.
|  |  `- Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterAlan
|  `* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterJohn
|   `* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterAlan
|    `* Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterThomas E.
|     `- Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterAlan
`- Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disasterAlan

1
Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<72f6528e-8a88-45c8-afe9-3ad3c59923den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14239&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14239

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 07:02:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster
From: thomas.e.elam@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 14:02 UTC

https://www.macworld.com/article/1957801/siri-disaster-apple-doesnt-care.html

Yes Alan, Siri sucks. The more I use it more the issues I discover. The voice recognition errors are particularly annoying. So is the Apple Music issue he mentions. That one is so bad I gave up on the Music app after requesting a few songs within minutes of a free trial.

Yes, I did the voice training routine. Multiple times.

If you disagree go complain to the source, David Price.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<Z6-dneKxqrnXiAb5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14243&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14243

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 09:58:50 -0700
Subject: Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nopam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 16:58 UTC

On 6/26/23 7:02 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
> https://www.macworld.com/article/1957801/siri-disaster-apple-doesnt-care.html
>
> Yes Alan, Siri sucks. The more I use it more the issues I discover. The voice recognition errors are particularly annoying. So is the Apple Music issue he mentions. That one is so bad I gave up on the Music app after requesting a few songs within minutes of a free trial.
>
> Yes, I did the voice training routine. Multiple times.
>
> If you disagree go complain to the source, David Price.

Its well known to any who have used it that Siri is a POS.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<gj-dneub1ZbtMQb5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14244&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14244

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: none@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 03:43:44 +0000
 by: Bob Campbell - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 03:43 UTC

John <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:
> On 6/26/23 7:02 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
>> https://www.macworld.com/article/1957801/siri-disaster-apple-doesnt-care.html
>>
>> Yes Alan, Siri sucks. The more I use it more the issues I discover. The
>> voice recognition errors are particularly annoying. So is the Apple
>> Music issue he mentions. That one is so bad I gave up on the Music app
>> after requesting a few songs within minutes of a free trial.
>>
>> Yes, I did the voice training routine. Multiple times.
>>
>> If you disagree go complain to the source, David Price.
>

> Its well known to any who have used it that Siri is a POS.

Does anyone still use “voice assistants”? That seems like a fad that
ended 3 years ago.

The linked article is hilarious. The author does nothing but whine about
Siri, yet he continues to use it. Typical dumbass fan boy.

I’ve never used Siri, in fact its the first thing I turn off. Maybe Apple
“doesn’t care” because their data shows that very few people are still
trying to use it.
No company spends time improving a product that no one is using.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<u7ktpm$2905p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14245&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14245

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 14:41:09 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 21:41 UTC

On 2023-06-26 07:02, Thomas E. wrote:
> https://www.macworld.com/article/1957801/siri-disaster-apple-doesnt-care.html
>
> Yes Alan, Siri sucks. The more I use it more the issues I discover. The voice recognition errors are particularly annoying. So is the Apple Music issue he mentions. That one is so bad I gave up on the Music app after requesting a few songs within minutes of a free trial.
>
> Yes, I did the voice training routine. Multiple times.
>
> If you disagree go complain to the source, David Price.

Straw man, Little Shit.

I never said Siri was perfect.

What I actually said is that the "problems" you demonstrated were caused
by your misunderstanding (comparing what a general purpose voice
interface does with using voice within single purpose app such as Google
Maps)...

....or deliberate contrivance on your part.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<u7ktsn$2905p$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14246&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14246

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 14:42:47 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 21:42 UTC

On 2023-06-27 20:43, Bob Campbell wrote:
> John <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:
>> On 6/26/23 7:02 AM, Thomas E. wrote:
>>> https://www.macworld.com/article/1957801/siri-disaster-apple-doesnt-care.html
>>>
>>> Yes Alan, Siri sucks. The more I use it more the issues I discover. The
>>> voice recognition errors are particularly annoying. So is the Apple
>>> Music issue he mentions. That one is so bad I gave up on the Music app
>>> after requesting a few songs within minutes of a free trial.
>>>
>>> Yes, I did the voice training routine. Multiple times.
>>>
>>> If you disagree go complain to the source, David Price.
>>

>> Its well known to any who have used it that Siri is a POS.
>
> Does anyone still use “voice assistants”? That seems like a fad that
> ended 3 years ago.
>
> The linked article is hilarious. The author does nothing but whine about
> Siri, yet he continues to use it. Typical dumbass fan boy.
>
> I’ve never used Siri, in fact its the first thing I turn off. Maybe Apple
> “doesn’t care” because their data shows that very few people are still
> trying to use it.
> No company spends time improving a product that no one is using.

Siri is useful to me on a regular basis.

In the car:

"Hey Siri, get directions to..."

At home (when cooking):

"Hey Siri, set a timer for <n> minutes".

Etc.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<f15e36df-8521-4de0-a9f2-8070bb8e3b99n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14249&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14249

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 05:03:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e.elam@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:03 UTC

On Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 5:44:11 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-06-27 20:43, Bob Campbell wrote:
> > John <no...@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> Its well known to any who have used it that Siri is a POS.
> >
> > Does anyone still use “voice assistants”? That seems like a fad that
> > ended 3 years ago.
> >
> > The linked article is hilarious. The author does nothing but whine about
> > Siri, yet he continues to use it. Typical dumbass fan boy.
> >
> > I’ve never used Siri, in fact its the first thing I turn off. Maybe Apple
> > “doesn’t care” because their data shows that very few people are still
> > trying to use it.
> > No company spends time improving a product that no one is using.
> Siri is useful to me on a regular basis.
>
> In the car:
>
> "Hey Siri, get directions to..."
>
> At home (when cooking):
>
> "Hey Siri, set a timer for <n> minutes".
>
> Etc.

Google does it better. I've tried both.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<u7mvp7$2j5e1$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14254&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14254

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:27:19 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 16:27 UTC

On 2023-06-30 05:03, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 5:44:11 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

>>> Does anyone still use “voice assistants”? That seems like a fad that
>>> ended 3 years ago.
>>>
>>> The linked article is hilarious. The author does nothing but whine about
>>> Siri, yet he continues to use it. Typical dumbass fan boy.
>>>
>>> I’ve never used Siri, in fact its the first thing I turn off. Maybe Apple
>>> “doesn’t care” because their data shows that very few people are still
>>> trying to use it.
>>> No company spends time improving a product that no one is using.
>> Siri is useful to me on a regular basis.
>>
>> In the car:
>>
>> "Hey Siri, get directions to..."
>>
>> At home (when cooking):
>>
>> "Hey Siri, set a timer for <n> minutes".
>>
>> Etc.
>
> Google does it better. I've tried both.

Google doesn't do it better on an iPhone...

....and you've demonstrated that you lack even a basic clue about how to
use Siri, so your opinion hardly matters.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<QLSdnRXUst_bgD75nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14268&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14268

Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 12:11:02 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 19:11 UTC

On 6/29/2023 2:42 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-06-27 20:43, Bob Campbell wrote:
>> John <nopam@nospam.com> wrote:

>>> Its well known to any who have used it that Siri is a POS.
>>
>> Does anyone still use “voice assistants”?   That seems like a fad that
>> ended 3 years ago.
>>
>> The linked article is hilarious.   The author does nothing but whine
>> about
>> Siri, yet he continues to use it.  Typical dumbass fan boy.
>>
>> I’ve never used Siri, in fact its the first thing I turn off.  Maybe
>> Apple
>> “doesn’t care” because their data shows that very few people are still
>> trying to use it.
>> No company spends time improving a product that no one is using.
>
> Siri is useful to me on a regular basis.
>
> In the car:
>
> "Hey Siri, get directions to..."
>
> At home (when cooking):
>
> "Hey Siri, set a timer for <n> minutes".
>
> Etc.

Most people who think Siri works right tend to be low IQ.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<u80d56$p86$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14271&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14271

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 23:10:46 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 06:10 UTC

On 2023-07-03 12:11, John wrote:
> On 6/29/2023 2:42 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> Does anyone still use “voice assistants”?   That seems like a fad that
>>> ended 3 years ago.
>>>
>>> The linked article is hilarious.   The author does nothing but whine
>>> about
>>> Siri, yet he continues to use it.  Typical dumbass fan boy.
>>>
>>> I’ve never used Siri, in fact its the first thing I turn off.  Maybe
>>> Apple
>>> “doesn’t care” because their data shows that very few people are still
>>> trying to use it.
>>> No company spends time improving a product that no one is using.
>>
>> Siri is useful to me on a regular basis.
>>
>> In the car:
>>
>> "Hey Siri, get directions to..."
>>
>> At home (when cooking):
>>
>> "Hey Siri, set a timer for <n> minutes".
>>
>> Etc.
>

> Most people who think Siri works right tend to be low IQ.

I think Siri works right enough to be useful

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<5245f9e9-edfd-4b9c-998a-78b8e052ea3an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14359&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14359

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 06:45:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e.elam@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 13:45 UTC

On Friday, June 30, 2023 at 12:27:22 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-06-30 05:03, Thomas E. wrote:

> >> Siri is useful to me on a regular basis.
> >>
> >> In the car:
> >>
> >> "Hey Siri, get directions to..."
> >>
> >> At home (when cooking):
> >>
> >> "Hey Siri, set a timer for <n> minutes".
> >>
> >> Etc.
> >
> > Google does it better. I've tried both.
> Google doesn't do it better on an iPhone...
>
> ...and you've demonstrated that you lack even a basic clue about how to
> use Siri, so your opinion hardly matters.

No Alan, you demonstrated that you have no clue that Siri on CarPlay does not work like Siri not on CarPlay. You also admitted that your car does not have CarPlay. Therefore, you do not use CarPlay on a daily basis like I do.

You also likely have limited experience using Google on iPhone. If you do use Google, why? Well, actually I guess you do use Google when you ask Siri a question. Apple uses Google Search as the default search engine.

The only reason that you might find Siri useful is it's the fact that you can't make Google the default and replace Siri. Same for Apple Maps. If you ask Siri for directions it's going to bring up Apple's maps. Unlike browser and email, you can't change the default map source.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<77119297-63e2-44c7-9cee-6bb60b1f639an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14360&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14360

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 06:46:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e.elam@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 13:46 UTC

On Tuesday, July 4, 2023 at 2:10:49 AM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-07-03 12:11, John wrote:

> >> Siri is useful to me on a regular basis.
> >>
> >> In the car:
> >>
> >> "Hey Siri, get directions to..."
> >>
> >> At home (when cooking):
> >>
> >> "Hey Siri, set a timer for <n> minutes".
> >>
> >> Etc.
> >

> > Most people who think Siri works right tend to be low IQ.
> I think Siri works right enough to be useful

So Alan, with no CarPlay in his auto, thinks Siri is good enough! Wow, he really has no clue.

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<uc8jm6$3l45l$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14363&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14363

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:56:21 -0700
 by: Alan - Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:56 UTC

On 2023-08-24 06:46, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 4, 2023 at 2:10:49 AM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

>>> Most people who think Siri works right tend to be low IQ.
>> I think Siri works right enough to be useful
>
> So Alan, with no CarPlay in his auto, thinks Siri is good enough! Wow, he really has no clue.

And yet, YOU are the one who couldn't understand the obvious distinction
between speaking to Siri...

....a general purpose voice assistant that has to understand queries far
outside simply getting directions to a location...

....and tapping on a field to use voice recognition which is explicitly
EXPECTING to receive a location.

I use Siri in my car with regularity, Little Shit.

I don't use it in conjunction with CarPlay, but that makes no
difference, now does it?

:-)

Re: Even, editor at MacWorld, says Siri is a disaster

<ucalo1$3khj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14364&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14364

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:43:42 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 16:43 UTC

On 2023-08-24 06:45, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Friday, June 30, 2023 at 12:27:22 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

Yes Alan, Siri sucks. The more I use it more the issues I discover. The

>>> Google does it better. I've tried both.
>> Google doesn't do it better on an iPhone...
>>
>> ...and you've demonstrated that you lack even a basic clue about
>> how to use Siri, so your opinion hardly matters.
>
> No Alan, you demonstrated that you have no clue that Siri on CarPlay
> does not work like Siri not on CarPlay. You also admitted that your
> car does not have CarPlay. Therefore, you do not use CarPlay on a
> daily basis like I do.

I demonstrated that you don't know what Siri is versus what just speech
recognition in a text box intended for locations is.

> You also likely have limited experience using Google on iPhone. If
> you do use Google, why? Well, actually I guess you do use Google
> when you ask Siri a question. Apple uses Google Search as the default
> search engine.

What point are you trying to make?

I demonstrated that what you THOUGHT was going on when you used the word
"google" wasn't what was actually going on.

> The only reason that you might find Siri useful is it's the fact that
> you can't make Google the default and replace Siri. Same for Apple
> Maps. If you ask Siri for directions it's going to bring up Apple's
> maps. Unlike browser and email, you can't change the default map
> source.

"Google" >< to "Siri", you stupid Little Shit.