From: sean.nathan@live.com (sean_nathan_bean)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Happy to get Seamonkey up & running once again: addressbook glitch
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:54:36 -0700
 by: sean_nathan_bean - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:54 UTC

Having been a long time user of Seamonkey and all it's prior iterations
all the way back to Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold, I'm more than chuffed
to now have SM 2.53.18 up and running in PeppermintOS.

but I'm having a glitch wherein the autocomplete of addressbook entries
isn't available from the composer window.

As in, I can't go to the email address field above and begin typing
addresses to auto complete, nor can I press the "select a recipient"
button and access the addressbook, it opens and is empty. Yet if I open
the addressbook directly, all entries are there. Anyone else have this
issue? Is there a fix or solution?

~sean

Re: Happy to get Seamonkey up & running once again: addressbook glitch

<ulmfs9$9piu$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1420&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1420

From: Doug@hyperspace.vogon.gov (Andrew)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: Happy to get Seamonkey up & running once again: addressbook
glitch
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 10:43:37 +0100
 by: Andrew - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 09:43 UTC

sean_nathan_bean wrote:
> Having been a long time user of Seamonkey and all it's prior iterations
> all the way back to Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold, I'm more than chuffed
> to now have SM 2.53.18 up and running in PeppermintOS.
>
> but I'm having a glitch wherein the autocomplete of addressbook entries
> isn't available from the composer window.
>
> As in, I can't go to the email address field above and begin typing
> addresses to auto complete, nor can I press the "select a recipient"
> button and access the addressbook, it opens and is empty. Yet if I open
> the addressbook directly, all entries are there. Anyone else have this
> issue? Is there a fix or solution?
>
> ~sean

I am running the same level as you, also under Linux. I have never seen
or even heard of this problem.
The only thing I can think of is to look at your "Addressing" settings,
Edit -> Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups -> Addressing
- "Highlight addresses that do not autocomplete" is probably irrelevant,
I have it set.
- "When addressing messages, look for matching entries in:" and I have
"Local Address Books" set (and "Directory Server" clear).
To the best of my knowledge those are the default settings anyway.

[SOLVED] Re: Happy to get Seamonkey up & running once again: addressbook glitch

<ulqksn$3ng1k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1425&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1425

From: sean.nathan@live.com (sean_nathan_bean)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: [SOLVED] Re: Happy to get Seamonkey up & running once again:
addressbook glitch
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 16:33:43 -0700
 by: sean_nathan_bean - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 23:33 UTC

Andrew wrote:

snipped

> I am running the same level as you, also under Linux.  I have never seen
> or even heard of this problem.
> The only thing I can think of is to look at your "Addressing" settings,
> Edit -> Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups -> Addressing
> - "Highlight addresses that do not autocomplete" is probably irrelevant,
> I have it set.
> - "When addressing messages, look for matching entries in:" and I have
> "Local Address Books" set (and "Directory Server" clear).
> To the best of my knowledge those are the default settings anyway.

This was precisely the problem, as this was a setting that I don't
recollect from earlier/previous versions of Seamonkey... thank you very
much Andrew