Statistics are no substitute for judgement. -- Henry Clay

computers / comp.sys.mac.advocacy / Handoff issues (very temporary).

SubjectAuthor
* Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
+* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).John
|`* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
| `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).John
|  `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
|   `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).John
|    `- Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
`* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Bob Campbell
 `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
  +* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Thomas E.
  |`* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
  | `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).John
  |  `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
  |   `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).John
  |    `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
  |     `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).John
  |      `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
  |       `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).John
  |        +- Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
  |        `* Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Thomas E.
  |         `- Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Alan
  `- Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).Joerg Lorenz

1
Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u3ot60$2b7b5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14151&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14151

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Handoff issues (very temporary).
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 13:50:08 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 13 May 2023 20:50 UTC

Well, I've never said Apple was perfect.

Today, the "Handoff" feature between my iPhone and my MacBook Pro
stopped working. I suspect it was related to the overnight software
update on the iPhone.

For those of you who don't know, Handoff allows quite a few things, such
as allowing you to open a web page on your iPhone, and then continue
reading it in the larger format of your Mac just by Command-tabbing to
the Safari icon in the list tagged with icon of an iPhone (or accessing
it in the Dock with the same tagged icon). It also allows you to copy
text on one device, and then paste it on another device logged into the
same AppleID.

And today, it suddenly stopped working!

For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone and
the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!

I know that the equivalent feature for your Windows machine and Android
phone never fails...

....because it doesn't exist!

:-)

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<WbqcneVzgZe0n_35nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14152&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14152

Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 14:33:29 -0700
Subject: Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Sat, 13 May 2023 21:33 UTC

On 5/13/2023 1:50 PM, Alan wrote:
> Well, I've never said Apple was perfect.
>
> Today, the "Handoff" feature between my iPhone and my MacBook Pro
> stopped working. I suspect it was related to the overnight software
> update on the iPhone.
>
> For those of you who don't know, Handoff allows quite a few things, such
> as allowing you to open a web page on your iPhone, and then continue
> reading it in the larger format of your Mac just by Command-tabbing to
> the Safari icon in the list tagged with icon of an iPhone (or accessing
> it in the Dock with the same tagged icon). It also allows you to copy
> text on one device, and then paste it on another device logged into the
> same AppleID.
>
> And today, it suddenly stopped working!
>
> For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone and
> the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!
>
> I know that the equivalent feature for your Windows machine and Android
> phone never fails...
>
> ...because it doesn't exist!
>
> :-)

more than likely operator error.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u3p03m$2bh6v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14153&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14153

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 14:40:06 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 13 May 2023 21:40 UTC

On 2023-05-13 14:33, John wrote:
> On 5/13/2023 1:50 PM, Alan wrote:
>> Well, I've never said Apple was perfect.
>>
>> Today, the "Handoff" feature between my iPhone and my MacBook Pro
>> stopped working. I suspect it was related to the overnight software
>> update on the iPhone.
>>
>> For those of you who don't know, Handoff allows quite a few things,
>> such as allowing you to open a web page on your iPhone, and then
>> continue reading it in the larger format of your Mac just by
>> Command-tabbing to the Safari icon in the list tagged with icon of an
>> iPhone (or accessing it in the Dock with the same tagged icon). It
>> also allows you to copy text on one device, and then paste it on
>> another device logged into the same AppleID.
>>
>> And today, it suddenly stopped working!
>>
>> For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone
>> and the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!
>>
>> I know that the equivalent feature for your Windows machine and
>> Android phone never fails...
>>
>> ...because it doesn't exist!
>>
>> :-)
>

> more than likely operator error.

And what could that "error" have been, hmmm?

Describe a series of steps I could have taken.

"Set up Handoff
Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch that meets the
Continuity system requirements. Handoff works when your devices are near
each other and set up as follows.

Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID."

Both devices were signed in to iCloud at all times.

"Each device has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on."

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were always turned on and both devices are always on
the same network when I'm at home.

"Each device has Handoff turned on."

Both devices had Handoff turned on.

So... ...thrill me.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<0Z-cnVV8LdSe2P35nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14154&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14154

Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 19:18:43 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Sun, 14 May 2023 02:18 UTC

On 5/13/2023 2:40 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-13 14:33, John wrote:
>> On 5/13/2023 1:50 PM, Alan wrote:
>>> Well, I've never said Apple was perfect.
>>>
>>> Today, the "Handoff" feature between my iPhone and my MacBook Pro
>>> stopped working. I suspect it was related to the overnight software
>>> update on the iPhone.
>>>
>>> For those of you who don't know, Handoff allows quite a few things,
>>> such as allowing you to open a web page on your iPhone, and then
>>> continue reading it in the larger format of your Mac just by
>>> Command-tabbing to the Safari icon in the list tagged with icon of an
>>> iPhone (or accessing it in the Dock with the same tagged icon). It
>>> also allows you to copy text on one device, and then paste it on
>>> another device logged into the same AppleID.
>>>
>>> And today, it suddenly stopped working!
>>>
>>> For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone
>>> and the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!
>>>
>>> I know that the equivalent feature for your Windows machine and
>>> Android phone never fails...
>>>
>>> ...because it doesn't exist!
>>>
>>> :-)
>>

>> more than likely operator error.
>
> And what could that "error" have been, hmmm?
>
> Describe a series of steps I could have taken.
>
> "Set up Handoff
> Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch that meets the
> Continuity system requirements. Handoff works when your devices are near
> each other and set up as follows.
>
> Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID."
>
> Both devices were signed in to iCloud at all times.
>
> "Each device has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on."
>
> Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were always turned on and both devices are always on
> the same network when I'm at home.
>
> "Each device has Handoff turned on."
>
> Both devices had Handoff turned on.
>
> So... ...thrill me.

Is your first name Alan? That's all it takes.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u3pmou$2he26$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14155&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14155

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 21:06:53 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 14 May 2023 04:06 UTC

On 2023-05-13 19:18, John wrote:
> On 5/13/2023 2:40 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> more than likely operator error.
>>
>> And what could that "error" have been, hmmm?
>>
>> Describe a series of steps I could have taken.
>>
>> "Set up Handoff
>> Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch that meets the
>> Continuity system requirements. Handoff works when your devices are
>> near each other and set up as follows.
>>
>> Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID."
>>
>> Both devices were signed in to iCloud at all times.
>>
>> "Each device has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on."
>>
>> Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were always turned on and both devices are always
>> on the same network when I'm at home.
>>
>> "Each device has Handoff turned on."
>>
>> Both devices had Handoff turned on.
>>
>> So... ...thrill me.
>

> Is your first name Alan?  That's all it takes.

Weak sauce... ....which is all you've ever had.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<YTidnVUioOqkHvz5nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14162&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14162

Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 17:56:24 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nopam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Mon, 15 May 2023 00:56 UTC

On 5/13/23 9:06 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-13 19:18, John wrote:

>>> And what could that "error" have been, hmmm?
>>>
>>> Describe a series of steps I could have taken.
>>>
>>> "Set up Handoff
>>> Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch that meets the
>>> Continuity system requirements. Handoff works when your devices are
>>> near each other and set up as follows.
>>>
>>> Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID."
>>>
>>> Both devices were signed in to iCloud at all times.
>>>
>>> "Each device has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi turned on."
>>>
>>> Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were always turned on and both devices are always
>>> on the same network when I'm at home.
>>>
>>> "Each device has Handoff turned on."
>>>
>>> Both devices had Handoff turned on.
>>>
>>> So... ...thrill me.
>>

>> Is your first name Alan?  That's all it takes.
>
> Weak sauce... ....which is all you've ever had.

With your "greatest hits" it never took much.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u3s0lh$2p7qj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14163&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14163

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 18:08:01 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 15 May 2023 01:08 UTC

On 2023-05-14 17:56, John wrote:
> On 5/13/23 9:06 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> Is your first name Alan?  That's all it takes.
>>
>> Weak sauce... ....which is all you've ever had.
>

> With your "greatest hits" it never took much.

So again, I'll ask.

What actual "operator error" could there have been.

One day it was working fine.

The next day, it wasn't.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<UvKdne6BKYFwO_z5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14164&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14164

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: none@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 03:28:45 +0000
 by: Bob Campbell - Mon, 15 May 2023 03:28 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone and
> the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!

So, to recap. You had a weird issue. Rebooting fixed it.

End of story. Rebooting can fix hundreds of weird issues. Why even
report it here?

Random example. About once every month or so, one/some/all of my many
iPads here will boot up into a weird issue where starting ANY app results
in a blank white screen. Been happening for many years and many versions
of iPadOS. Rebooting always fixes it.

I’ve never mentioned it to anyone before. Because computers are not
perfect and shit happens.

I can’t count the number of times my Windows laptops/desktops have had
weird issues over the years: Wi-fi can’t connect. USB ports very slow.
Screen is wrong resolution. Whatever.

Of course, rebooting always fixes it. If rebooting does not fix it, then
it is a real issue that can be brought up here or wherever.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u3scau$2u3cb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14165&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14165

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 21:27:10 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 15 May 2023 04:27 UTC

On 2023-05-14 20:28, Bob Campbell wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>

>> For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone and
>> the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!
>
> So, to recap. You had a weird issue. Rebooting fixed it.

How can you read something as short and to the point as what I wrote and
get it wrong?

I turned off the feature and THEN rebooted, and THEN turned the feature
back on.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<a58d6074-f3ff-4be2-afee-aec4d3c65c38n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14170&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14170

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 08:45:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e.elam@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Mon, 15 May 2023 15:45 UTC

On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 12:29:05 AM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-14 20:28, Bob Campbell wrote:
> > Alan <nuh...@nope.com> wrote:
> >

> >> For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone and
> >> the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!
> >
> > So, to recap. You had a weird issue. Rebooting fixed it.
> How can you read something as short and to the point as what I wrote and
> get it wrong?
>
> I turned off the feature and THEN rebooted, and THEN turned the feature
> back on.

No matter what the comment to your post you have a jackass reply.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u3udnc$36cci$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14174&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14174

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 16:03:08 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 15 May 2023 23:03 UTC

On 2023-05-15 08:45, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 12:29:05 AM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

>>> So, to recap. You had a weird issue. Rebooting fixed it.
>> How can you read something as short and to the point as what I wrote and
>> get it wrong?
>>
>> I turned off the feature and THEN rebooted, and THEN turned the feature
>> back on.
>>>

> No matter what the comment to your post you have a jackass reply.

What was "jackass" about my reply, Little Shit?

He got what I wrote wrong.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<jI-cnd33AIjfYP_5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14175&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14175

Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 20:49:23 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Tue, 16 May 2023 03:49 UTC

On 5/15/2023 4:03 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-15 08:45, Thomas E. wrote:

>>> How can you read something as short and to the point as what I wrote and
>>> get it wrong?
>>>
>>> I turned off the feature and THEN rebooted, and THEN turned the feature
>>> back on.
>>>>

>> No matter what the comment to your post you have a jackass reply.
>
> What was "jackass" about my reply, Little Shit?
>
> He got what I wrote wrong.

It is jackass to post a "problem" that goes away when rebooting.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u3v0dg$3brud$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14176&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14176

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 21:22:07 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 16 May 2023 04:22 UTC

On 2023-05-15 20:49, John wrote:
> On 5/15/2023 4:03 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> No matter what the comment to your post you have a jackass reply.
>>
>> What was "jackass" about my reply, Little Shit?
>>
>> He got what I wrote wrong.
>

> It is jackass to post a "problem" that goes away when rebooting.

The problem didn't go away JUST by rebooting, little Johnnie.

On both devices:

1. Turn off the Handoff feature.

2. Restart.

3. Turn Handoff back on.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<2AudnaPZu_CXpfn5nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14177&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14177

Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 19:12:26 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Wed, 17 May 2023 02:12 UTC

On 5/15/2023 9:22 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-15 20:49, John wrote:

>>> What was "jackass" about my reply, Little Shit?
>>>
>>> He got what I wrote wrong.
>>

>> It is jackass to post a "problem" that goes away when rebooting.
>
> The problem didn't go away JUST by rebooting, little Johnnie.
>
> On both devices:
>
> 1. Turn off the Handoff feature.
>
> 2. Restart.
>
> 3. Turn Handoff back on.

So what. Trivial and not enough to even complain about it. Unless one is
just trolling.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u41o74$3pqtt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14178&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14178

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 22:20:35 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 17 May 2023 05:20 UTC

On 2023-05-16 19:12, John wrote:
> On 5/15/2023 9:22 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> It is jackass to post a "problem" that goes away when rebooting.
>>
>> The problem didn't go away JUST by rebooting, little Johnnie.
>>
>> On both devices:
>>
>> 1. Turn off the Handoff feature.
>>
>> 2. Restart.
>>
>> 3. Turn Handoff back on.
>

> So what. Trivial and not enough to even complain about it. Unless one is
> just trolling.

Sorry, but if someone else gets the issue and tries either:

turn it off and turn it on, or:

just restart,

then you're not going to solve the problem.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<ioCdnW3w47HrwPj5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14179&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14179

Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 16:04:22 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: nospam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Wed, 17 May 2023 23:04 UTC

On 5/16/2023 10:20 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-16 19:12, John wrote:

>>> The problem didn't go away JUST by rebooting, little Johnnie.
>>>
>>> On both devices:
>>>
>>> 1. Turn off the Handoff feature.
>>>
>>> 2. Restart.
>>>
>>> 3. Turn Handoff back on.
>>

>> So what. Trivial and not enough to even complain about it. Unless one
>> is just trolling.
>>

> Sorry, but if someone else gets the issue and tries either:
>
> turn it off and turn it on, or:
>
> just restart,
>
> then you're not going to solve the problem.

Almost everybody knows to do that. So it was a trivial complaint on
your end.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u43oiq$sf0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14180&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14180

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 16:39:06 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 17 May 2023 23:39 UTC

On 2023-05-17 16:04, John wrote:
> On 5/16/2023 10:20 PM, Alan wrote:

>>> So what. Trivial and not enough to even complain about it. Unless one
>>> is just trolling.
>>>

>> Sorry, but if someone else gets the issue and tries either:
>>
>> turn it off and turn it on, or:
>>
>> just restart,
>>
>> then you're not going to solve the problem.
>

> Almost everybody knows to do that.  So it was a trivial complaint on
> your end.

Funny then that you just claimed that all that was needed was a reboot.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<SlOdnW-HvsK8E_v5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14181&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14181

Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 13:44:17 -0700
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
<ioCdnW3w47HrwPj5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <u43oiq$sf0$1@dont-email.me>
From: nopam@nospam.com (John)
 by: John - Thu, 18 May 2023 20:44 UTC

On 5/17/23 4:39 PM, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-05-17 16:04, John wrote:

>>> Sorry, but if someone else gets the issue and tries either:
>>>
>>> turn it off and turn it on, or:
>>>
>>> just restart,
>>>
>>> then you're not going to solve the problem.
>>

>> Almost everybody knows to do that.  So it was a trivial complaint on
>> your end.
>
> Funny then that you just claimed that all that was needed was a reboot.

Bottom Line: Only a jackass would bring up trivial problems that rarely
occur.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u46ak1$d6dq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14182&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14182

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 15:59:13 -0700
<ioCdnW3w47HrwPj5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <u43oiq$sf0$1@dont-email.me>
<SlOdnW-HvsK8E_v5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Alan - Thu, 18 May 2023 22:59 UTC

On 2023-05-18 13:44, John wrote:
>>> Almost everybody knows to do that.  So it was a trivial complaint on
>>> your end.
>>
>> Funny then that you just claimed that all that was needed was a reboot.
>

> Bottom Line:  Only a jackass would bring up trivial problems that rarely
> occur.

Bottom line: you couldn't follow a simple series of steps and repeat it
accurately.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<4f79fad5-c557-44ef-b7e1-2eeb763fabe9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14200&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14200

Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 08:19:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: thomas.e.elam@gmail.com (Thomas E.)
 by: Thomas E. - Sat, 27 May 2023 15:19 UTC

On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:44:29 PM UTC-4, John wrote:
> On 5/17/23 4:39 PM, Alan wrote:

> >> Almost everybody knows to do that. So it was a trivial complaint on
> >> your end.
> >
> > Funny then that you just claimed that all that was needed was a reboot.
> Bottom Line: Only a jackass would bring up trivial problems that rarely
> occur.

He was just trolling, and you bit on it. Except for me Alan is largely ignored these days. He's a pathological and paranoid narcissist. He has secrets..

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u4tht8$gdt4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14202&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14202

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:24:40 -0700
<ioCdnW3w47HrwPj5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com> <u43oiq$sf0$1@dont-email.me>
<SlOdnW-HvsK8E_v5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>
<4f79fad5-c557-44ef-b7e1-2eeb763fabe9n@googlegroups.com>
 by: Alan - Sat, 27 May 2023 18:24 UTC

On 2023-05-27 08:19, Thomas E. wrote:
> On Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 4:44:29 PM UTC-4, John wrote:

>>> Funny then that you just claimed that all that was needed was a
>>> reboot.
>> Bottom Line: Only a jackass would bring up trivial problems that
>> rarely occur.
>
> He was just trolling, and you bit on it. Except for me Alan is
> largely ignored these days. He's a pathological and paranoid
> narcissist. He has secrets.

Carefully, sonny... ...everyone has secrets.

Re: Handoff issues (very temporary).

<u5upoh$126d5$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14228&group=comp.sys.mac.advocacy#14228

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 11:01:05 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 09:01 UTC

Am 15.05.23 um 06:27 schrieb Alan:
> On 2023-05-14 20:28, Bob Campbell wrote:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>>

>>> For about 5 minutes. I turned the feature off, restarted the iPhone and
>>> the MacBook, and turned the feature back on and it was fixed!
>>
>> So, to recap. You had a weird issue. Rebooting fixed it.
>
> How can you read something as short and to the point as what I wrote and
> get it wrong?
>
> I turned off the feature and THEN rebooted, and THEN turned the feature
> back on.

You are a Troll.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum