From: ff@linux.rocks (Farley Flud)
Subject: Grub is for Assholes
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:51:25 +0000
 by: Farley Flud - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:51 UTC

Mention grub to me and I'll spit in your ugly face.

For me, and for all other TRUE GNU/Linux users, there
is only Syslinux:

https://www.syslinux.org/

Syslinux can boot any fucking thing and it can boot them
all with tremendous simplicity and ease.

Only a fucking distro lackey would not could bootstrap his
asshole off the toilet bowl would ever use Grub.

Re: Grub is for Assholes

<v0bdh6$2ea45$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=14044&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#14044

From: OFeem1987@teleworm.us (Chris Ahlstrom)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Grub is for Assholes
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:54:59 -0400
 by: Chris Ahlstrom - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 16:54 UTC

Farley Flud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Mention grub to me and I'll spit in your ugly face.
>
> For me, and for all other TRUE GNU/Linux users, there
> is only Syslinux:
>
> https://www.syslinux.org/
>
> Syslinux can boot any fucking thing and it can boot them
> all with tremendous simplicity and ease.
>
> Only a fucking distro lackey would not could bootstrap his
> asshole off the toilet bowl would ever use Grub.

Yeah, the maintainers of Arch Linux are "fucking distro lackeys".

:-D

Sheddex:

I have recently finished installing Arch and run it alongside
Windows 10. I installed syslinux to be able to properly choose the OS on
startup.

I followed the guide on the wiki to setup graphical boot managing
(https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … _boot_menu) and it's working
fantastically so far. I can choose arch and archfallback and it will boot.

Now, I am trying to also include Windows.

A day later:

Sheddex:

I reverted back to GRUB and it's working now, no reason to use syslinux
then.

:-D
:-D
:-D
:-D
:-D

--
Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.