From: nospam.John.Gonzales@f331.n267.z1.fidonet.org (John Gonzales)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: AreaFix/File Fix Issues
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:11:26 +1200
 by: John Gonzales - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 03:11 UTC

-> That version is many years old so I cannot help them or fix any issues.
-> They
-> will need to upgrade. If you are able to find issue with a current version
-> please let me know and I will take a look right away.

As an interesting side note, I do have a MysticBBS setup and was able to
use that to send the areafix command and it all came back properly. So
I'm wondering if wildcat is sending a \r or \n or both that may be
throwing it all off?

John G.

Re: AreaFix/File Fix Issues

<2334556763@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1376&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1376

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:36:39 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 03:36 UTC

JG> -> They
JG> -> will need to upgrade. If you are able to find issue with a current ver
JG> -> please let me know and I will take a look right away.
JG>
JG> As an interesting side note, I do have a MysticBBS setup and was able to
JG> use that to send the areafix command and it all came back properly. So
JG> I'm wondering if wildcat is sending a \r or \n or both that may be
JG> throwing it all off?

I think that was exactly the bug, so that sounds likely. I can't remember the
exact details but I think if it was a CR+LF and not just a CR Mystic was
failing to properly parse Areafix. And it must have been in A46 since that is
what they are using.

Should be fixed in A47 and A48 though.

.... Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Re: AreaFix/File Fix Issues

<1886644145@f17.n116.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1385&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1385

From: nospam.Robert.Wolfe@f17.n116.z1.fidonet.org (Robert Wolfe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 07:41:02 +1200
 by: Robert Wolfe - Tue, 28 Jun 2022 19:41 UTC

On 17 Jun 2022, John Gonzales said the following...

JG> -> That version is many years old so I cannot help them or fix any issues.
JG> -> They
JG> -> will need to upgrade. If you are able to find issue with a current ver
JG> -> please let me know and I will take a look right away.
JG>
JG> As an interesting side note, I do have a MysticBBS setup and was able to
JG> use that to send the areafix command and it all came back properly. So
JG> I'm wondering if wildcat is sending a \r or \n or both that may be
JG> throwing it all off?

It would not be PX as I do not have that issue with my similar setup here.

.... Read messages, not taglines

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: AreaFix/File Fix Issues