America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up. -- Oscar Wilde

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Is there a way of exporting history?

SubjectAuthor
* Is there a way of exporting history?Il Dottore
+- Is there a way of exporting history?Daniel65
+* Is there a way of exporting history?gerry 666uk
|+* Is there a way of exporting history?Andrew
||+- Is there a way of exporting history?David H Durgee
||+* Is there a way of exporting history?Barryedwin1
|||+* Is there a way of exporting history?Hank Rogers
|||`- Is there a way of exporting history?Andrew
||`- Is there a way of exporting history?gerry 666uk
|`- Is there a way of exporting history?Il Dottore
+- Is there a way of exporting history?Gabriel
`* Is there a way of exporting history?Yuchan Seo
 +- Is there a way of exporting history?Don Vito Martinelli
 `- Is there a way of exporting history?Il Dottore

1
Is there a way of exporting history?

<ukg72t$2gn0r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1340&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1340

From: mementogaming88@gmail.com (Il Dottore)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Is there a way of exporting history?
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 14:20:30 -0700
 by: Il Dottore - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 21:20 UTC

Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as such
I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other browsers
that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings, SeaMonkey
doesn't seem to have any way of doing so. Are there any ways or addons
that would let me export my history (whether as a file or direct
syncing, either works)

(Also, being able to export other things like mailboxes & feeds,
bookmarks, and privacy & security settings too would also be nice, but
those I can at least sit down and recreate)

Thank you
--
[COOL SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ukk17m$3bdto$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1341&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1341

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: Is there a way of exporting history?
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 19:05:10 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 08:05 UTC

Il Dottore wrote on 3/12/23 8:20 am:
> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as
> such I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other
> browsers that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings,
> SeaMonkey doesn't seem to have any way of doing so. Are there any
> ways or addons that would let me export my history (whether as a file
> or direct syncing, either works)
>
> (Also, being able to export other things like mailboxes & feeds,
> bookmarks, and privacy & security settings too would also be nice,
> but those I can at least sit down and recreate)
>
> Thank you

I read this post this morning .... and have been biting my tongue!!

I Dual-Boot Win7 and MageiaLinux on this HP Laptop and I use SeaMonkey
Suite on both those OS's with just the one Profile (email, News,
websites, etc) for both Operating Systems. That Profile is actually
located on one of my Win7 Partitions so the Linux SeaMonkey
installation also has access to it.

I usually use my Linux installation but boot into Win7 about every week
to update my Anti-Viral program.

When that happens, I have to re-install all my 10-or so SeaMonkey
Add-ons, but thats no great problem .... so far. Then, when I switch
back into my Linux installation, I have to install all my 10-or so
Add-ons, again.

Others here have suggested that I am taking my life in my own hand each
time I do that .... but so far, so good.

So 'Buyer Beware!!'.
--
Daniel

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<uklad3$3hupp$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1345&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1345

From: gerry666uk@protonmail.com (gerry 666uk)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 19:47:47 +0000
 by: gerry 666uk - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 19:47 UTC

Il Dottore wrote:
> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as such
> I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other browsers
> that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings

You need to clarify, do you mean you're going to install Seamonkey on
Windows and also on Linux, and then you want to do something? If so, you
can simply copy the profile to the other o/s and start using it.

But, really you should just move to 100% open source in one go, e.g.
over a week-end. Just set everything up on linux and then switch Windows
off forever.

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<uklcgt$v1jl$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1346&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1346

From: Doug@hyperspace.vogon.gov (Andrew)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 21:23:57 +0100
 by: Andrew - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 20:23 UTC

gerry 666uk wrote:
> Il Dottore wrote:
>> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as
>> such I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other
>> browsers that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings
>
> You need to clarify, do you mean you're going to install Seamonkey on
> Windows and also on Linux, and then you want to do something? If so, you
> can simply copy the profile to the other o/s and start using it.
>
> But, really you should just move to 100% open source in one go, e.g.
> over a week-end. Just set everything up on linux and then switch Windows
> off forever.

That advice is more evangelical than pragmatic (or helpful).
There are some things Linux does not do well, handling pdf documents for
example. I can read most pdfs with Linux, but the reader I use can't
search text (look for occurrences of "Pizzeria Blanc" for example) and
it won't even open pdfs with certain "features" enabled.
My cycling satnav-routing device has support software which runs under
Windows, software updates and map updates are applied that way. Maybe I
should have a go at getting it to run under Wine, but life's too short
for that.
Just assume Il Dottore knows his own needs.

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<kt74j7Fi4hqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1347&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1347

From: dhdurgee@privacy.net (David H Durgee)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:10:29 -0700
 by: David H Durgee - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 23:10 UTC

Andrew wrote:
> gerry 666uk wrote:
>> Il Dottore wrote:
>>> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as
>>> such I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other
>>> browsers that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings
>>
>> You need to clarify, do you mean you're going to install Seamonkey on
>> Windows and also on Linux, and then you want to do something? If so,
>> you can simply copy the profile to the other o/s and start using it.
>>
>> But, really you should just move to 100% open source in one go, e.g.
>> over a week-end. Just set everything up on linux and then switch
>> Windows off forever.
>
> That advice is more evangelical than pragmatic (or helpful).
> There are some things Linux does not do well, handling pdf documents for
> example.  I can read most pdfs with Linux, but the reader I use can't
> search text (look for occurrences of "Pizzeria Blanc" for example) and
> it won't even open pdfs with certain "features" enabled.
> My cycling satnav-routing device has support software which runs under
> Windows, software updates and map updates are applied that way.  Maybe I
> should have a go at getting it to run under Wine, but life's too short
> for that.
> Just assume Il Dottore knows his own needs.

I run Windows software in Virtual Box on my Linux Mint 20.3 x64 system.
That allows me to provide a safe way to keep Windows from mucking with
my primary system.

I have avoided using Wine as it exposes my primary system to potential
issues with Windows software. In Virtual Box only the virtual drive and
any shared drives I connect to it are accessible to Windows software.

Dave

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ukm01o$3kuc9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1348&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1348

From: barryedwingilmour@gmail.com (Barryedwin1)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 09:57:09 +0800
 by: Barryedwin1 - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 01:57 UTC

Andrew wrote on 5/12/23 4:23 am:
> gerry 666uk wrote:
>> Il Dottore wrote:
>>> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as
>>> such I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other
>>> browsers that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings
>>
>> You need to clarify, do you mean you're going to install Seamonkey on
>> Windows and also on Linux, and then you want to do something? If so,
>> you can simply copy the profile to the other o/s and start using it.
>>
>> But, really you should just move to 100% open source in one go, e.g.
>> over a week-end. Just set everything up on linux and then switch
>> Windows off forever.
>
> That advice is more evangelical than pragmatic (or helpful).
> There are some things Linux does not do well, handling pdf documents for
> example.  I can read most pdfs with Linux, but the reader I use can't
> search text (look for occurrences of "Pizzeria Blanc" for example) and
> it won't even open pdfs with certain "features" enabled.
> My cycling satnav-routing device has support software which runs under
> Windows, software updates and map updates are applied that way.  Maybe I
> should have a go at getting it to run under Wine, but life's too short
> for that.
> Just assume Il Dottore knows his own needs.

Re: searching for terms, text, etc in PDF within SeaMonkey ~

I personally use PDF Viewer 2.3.235 which has a good search engine
within it, but it wont read text within PDF-images ~
<https://github.com/IsaacSchemm/pdf.js-seamonkey/releases/download/v2.3.235/pdf.js.xpi>

The official version is 2.3.233 ~
<https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/addon/pdf-js-for-seamonkey/>

HTH Barry

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<0NvbN.95064$%d2c.71143@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1349&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1349

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 20:19:34 -0600
 by: Hank Rogers - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 02:19 UTC

Barryedwin1 wrote:
> Andrew wrote on 5/12/23 4:23 am:
>> gerry 666uk wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to clarify, do you mean you're going to install
>>> Seamonkey on Windows and also on Linux, and then you want to
>>> do something? If so, you can simply copy the profile to the
>>> other o/s and start using it.
>>>
>>> But, really you should just move to 100% open source in one
>>> go, e.g. over a week-end. Just set everything up on linux
>>> and then switch Windows off forever.
>>
>> That advice is more evangelical than pragmatic (or helpful).
>> There are some things Linux does not do well, handling pdf
>> documents for example.  I can read most pdfs with Linux, but
>> the reader I use can't search text (look for occurrences of
>> "Pizzeria Blanc" for example) and it won't even open pdfs
>> with certain "features" enabled.
>> My cycling satnav-routing device has support software which
>> runs under Windows, software updates and map updates are
>> applied that way.  Maybe I should have a go at getting it to
>> run under Wine, but life's too short for that.
>> Just assume Il Dottore knows his own needs.
>
> Re: searching for terms, text, etc in PDF within SeaMonkey ~
>
> I personally use PDF Viewer 2.3.235 which has a good search
> engine within it, but it wont read text within PDF-images ~
> <https://github.com/IsaacSchemm/pdf.js-seamonkey/releases/download/v2.3.235/pdf.js.xpi>
>

> The official version is 2.3.233 ~
> <https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/addon/pdf-js-for-seamonkey/>
>

> HTH Barry

What is the difference between version 2.3.235 and 2.3.233 ?

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ukmuha$164l7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1350&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1350

From: Doug@hyperspace.vogon.gov (Andrew)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 11:37:30 +0100
 by: Andrew - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 10:37 UTC

Barryedwin1 wrote:
> Andrew wrote on 5/12/23 4:23 am:
>> gerry 666uk wrote:
>>>
>>> You need to clarify, do you mean you're going to install Seamonkey on
>>> Windows and also on Linux, and then you want to do something? If so,
>>> you can simply copy the profile to the other o/s and start using it.
>>>
>>> But, really you should just move to 100% open source in one go, e.g.
>>> over a week-end. Just set everything up on linux and then switch
>>> Windows off forever.
>>
>> That advice is more evangelical than pragmatic (or helpful).
>> There are some things Linux does not do well, handling pdf documents
>> for example.  I can read most pdfs with Linux, but the reader I use
>> can't search text (look for occurrences of "Pizzeria Blanc" for
>> example) and it won't even open pdfs with certain "features" enabled.
>> My cycling satnav-routing device has support software which runs under
>> Windows, software updates and map updates are applied that way.  Maybe
>> I should have a go at getting it to run under Wine, but life's too
>> short for that.
>> Just assume Il Dottore knows his own needs.
>
> Re: searching for terms, text, etc in PDF within SeaMonkey ~
>
> I personally use PDF Viewer 2.3.235 which has a good search engine
> within it, but it wont read text within PDF-images ~
> <https://github.com/IsaacSchemm/pdf.js-seamonkey/releases/download/v2.3.235/pdf.js.xpi>
>

> The official version is 2.3.233 ~
> <https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/addon/pdf-js-for-seamonkey/>
>

> HTH Barry

I use Okular to read PDFs and its inability to read - and search on -
text within the documents is a real annoyance.
A second problem is that the use of certain features by the creator of
the PDF triggers the following message.

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the
document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac
or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit
http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
*along with a popup*
This PDF file requires a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Press
OK to download the latest version or see your system administrator.
[OK] [Cancel]

After "Cancel" I see
This document has XFA forms, which are currently unsupported.

Look, this PDF discussion is totally off-topic. I took umbrage at the
"just use Linux" comment when the OP appears perfectly capable of
deciding which OS he wishes to use, and when.
As for me, I boot Windows so frequently that the machine spends the
first 4-6 hours applying updates before it finally reaches a zen-like
condition where I can actually use it.
It takes maybe 10 minutes to apply all outstanding Linux updates on a
machine I have not used for weeks, it takes 4-6 hours on the same
machine under Windows. This is on a line which runs at over 300 Mb.

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<%CEbN.87838$fKL2.76627@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1351&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1351

From: user@domain.invalid (Gabriel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 12:23:23 GMT
 by: Gabriel - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 12:23 UTC

On 2 Dec 2023 at 22:20:30 CET, "Il Dottore" <mementogaming88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as such
> I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other browsers
> that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings, SeaMonkey
> doesn't seem to have any way of doing so. Are there any ways or addons
> that would let me export my history (whether as a file or direct
> syncing, either works)
>
> (Also, being able to export other things like mailboxes & feeds,
> bookmarks, and privacy & security settings too would also be nice, but
> those I can at least sit down and recreate)

Try to copy the file "places.sqlite"

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ukn7r4$5nhu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1352&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1352

From: barryedwingilmour@gmail.com (Barryedwin1)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 21:16:17 +0800
 by: Barryedwin1 - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 13:16 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote on 5/12/23 10:19 am:
> Barryedwin1 wrote:
>> Andrew wrote on 5/12/23 4:23 am:

>>> That advice is more evangelical than pragmatic (or helpful).
>>> There are some things Linux does not do well, handling pdf documents
>>> for example.  I can read most pdfs with Linux, but the reader I use
>>> can't search text (look for occurrences of "Pizzeria Blanc" for
>>> example) and it won't even open pdfs with certain "features" enabled.
>>> My cycling satnav-routing device has support software which runs
>>> under Windows, software updates and map updates are applied that
>>> way.  Maybe I should have a go at getting it to run under Wine, but
>>> life's too short for that.
>>> Just assume Il Dottore knows his own needs.
>>
>> Re: searching for terms, text, etc in PDF within SeaMonkey ~
>>
>> I personally use PDF Viewer 2.3.235 which has a good search engine
>> within it, but it wont read text within PDF-images ~
>> <https://github.com/IsaacSchemm/pdf.js-seamonkey/releases/download/v2.3.235/pdf.js.xpi>
>>

>> The official version is 2.3.233 ~
>> <https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/addon/pdf-js-for-seamonkey/>
>>

>> HTH Barry
>>

> What is the difference between version 2.3.235 and 2.3.233 ?

Changes since 2.3.233:

#2 (cannot open PDFs from attachments pane) should be resolved
Portugese localization updated
<https://github.com/IsaacSchemm/pdf.js-seamonkey/releases>
HTH Barry

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<uknuhl$cdug$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1353&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1353

From: gerry666uk@protonmail.com (gerry 666uk)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 19:43:49 +0000
 by: gerry 666uk - Tue, 5 Dec 2023 19:43 UTC

Andrew wrote:

>> But, really you should just move to 100% open source

> That advice is more evangelical than pragmatic

It was pragmatic (in my case) because I switched off Windows when Win7
stopped security updates. I made the change in Jan 2020, and have not
used Windows since.

For PDF viewing, I'm using Evince 40.5, which I find much faster than
Adobe Reader. It has a search bar which allows you to search for text
within a document.

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ukv936$1p2n2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1354&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1354

From: hexagonwin@disroot.org (Yuchan Seo)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 23:26:52 +0900
 by: Yuchan Seo - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 14:26 UTC

Il Dottore wrote:
> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as such
> I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other browsers
> that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings, SeaMonkey
> doesn't seem to have any way of doing so. Are there any ways or addons
> that would let me export my history (whether as a file or direct
> syncing, either works)
>
> (Also, being able to export other things like mailboxes & feeds,
> bookmarks, and privacy & security settings too would also be nice, but
> those I can at least sit down and recreate)
>
> Thank you
Actually, you can simply copy the profile folder, every configuration
and data including addons will get copied over.
Go to "about:config" and click [Open Folder] on the "Profile Folder"
section. On your other machine just copy that folder and modify
profile.ini on parent as required.

I created my profile folder on FreeBSD, it has worked just fine with
Slackware, NetBSD, Windows and OS X. I heard you can even use this on a
multi-boot setup but I haven't tried that.

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ukvkvu$1qv23$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1355&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1355

From: hyperspace.flyover@vogon.gov.invalid (Don Vito Martinelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 18:49:49 +0100
 by: Don Vito Martinelli - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 17:49 UTC

Yuchan Seo wrote:
> Il Dottore wrote:
>> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as
>> such I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other
>> browsers that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings,
>> SeaMonkey doesn't seem to have any way of doing so. Are there any ways
>> or addons that would let me export my history (whether as a file or
>> direct syncing, either works)
>>
>> (Also, being able to export other things like mailboxes & feeds,
>> bookmarks, and privacy & security settings too would also be nice, but
>> those I can at least sit down and recreate)
>>
>> Thank you
> Actually, you can simply copy the profile folder, every configuration
> and data including addons will get copied over.
> Go to "about:config" and click [Open Folder] on the "Profile Folder"
> section. On your other machine just copy that folder and modify
> profile.ini on parent as required.
>
> I created my profile folder on FreeBSD, it has worked just fine with
> Slackware, NetBSD, Windows and OS X. I heard you can even use this on a
> multi-boot setup but I haven't tried that.

That sort-of-works between operating systems but only up to a point.
I did that on my (dual boot) laptop for a while but the colours get
rather ugly. The paths to the subdirectories are in different formats
('\' for Windows, '/' for everything else) but that never hurt at all.

If you only have one machine (dual boot) then there is one problem I
have which you won't, different size monitors necessitating different
size screens. I have 1366 x 768 (laptop), 1920 x 1080 and 2560 x 1440.
That is a serious PITA.

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ul7m35$39b3a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1370&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1370

From: mementogaming88@gmail.com (Il Dottore)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 11:57:45 -0700
 by: Il Dottore - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 18:57 UTC

On 2023-12-08 07:26:52, Yuchan Seo wrote:
> Il Dottore wrote:
>> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as
>> such I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other
>> browsers that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings,
>> SeaMonkey doesn't seem to have any way of doing so. Are there any ways
>> or addons that would let me export my history (whether as a file or
>> direct syncing, either works)
>>
>> (Also, being able to export other things like mailboxes & feeds,
>> bookmarks, and privacy & security settings too would also be nice, but
>> those I can at least sit down and recreate)
>>
>> Thank you
> Actually, you can simply copy the profile folder, every configuration
> and data including addons will get copied over.
> Go to "about:config" and click [Open Folder] on the "Profile Folder"
> section. On your other machine just copy that folder and modify
> profile.ini on parent as required.
>
> I created my profile folder on FreeBSD, it has worked just fine with
> Slackware, NetBSD, Windows and OS X. I heard you can even use this on a
> multi-boot setup but I haven't tried that.

I couldn't find a "Profile Folder" section, and I could only find my
folder in appdata/roaming (but that only seems to cover mail stuff)
In addition, I don't know where to put all this new stuff in my copy on
Linux

--
[COOL SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Re: Is there a way of exporting history?

<ul7mbl$39d0m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1371&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1371

From: mementogaming88@gmail.com (Il Dottore)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 12:02:16 -0700
 by: Il Dottore - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 19:02 UTC

On 2023-12-04 12:47:47, gerry 666uk wrote:
> Il Dottore wrote:
>> Hello, as of late I've been switching from Windows to Linux, and as
>> such I've downloaded SeaMonkey for my install. However, unlike other
>> browsers that have ways of syncing or exporting browser settings
>
> You need to clarify, do you mean you're going to install Seamonkey on
> Windows and also on Linux, and then you want to do something? If so, you
> can simply copy the profile to the other o/s and start using it.

I'm switching over to Linux, and I have already installed SeaMonkey on
there too. I'm trying to copy over all my data from Windows. How would I
go about from copying my profile from one to the other?

> But, really you should just move to 100% open source in one go, e.g.
> over a week-end. Just set everything up on linux and then switch Windows
> off forever.
I would if it weren't for over half of the programs on my computer being
Windows-only

--
[COOL SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Is there a way of exporting history?