Feeling amorous, she looked under the sheets and cried, "Oh, no, it's Microsoft!"

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / charging port

SubjectAuthor
* charging portbadgolferman
`* Re: charging portChris in Makati
 +* Re: charging portJörg Lorenz
 |`* Re: charging portBlueshirt
 | `- Re: charging portJörg Lorenz
 +* Re: charging portbadgolferman
 |`* Re: charging portWilf
 | +- Re: charging portWilf
 | +* Re: charging portJörg Lorenz
 | |+* Re: charging portJörg Lorenz
 | ||`- Re: charging portWilf
 | |+* Re: charging portWilf
 | ||+* Re: charging portJörg Lorenz
 | ||+- Re: charging portAlan Browne
 | ||`- Re: charging portAlan
 | |`* Re: charging portChris
 | | +* Re: charging portbadgolferman
 | | |`- Re: charging portJörg Lorenz
 | | +- Re: charging portJolly Roger
 | | +- Re: charging portJörg Lorenz
 | | `- Re: charging portChris in Makati
 | +* Re: charging portAlan Browne
 | |`* Re: charging portWilf
 | | `- Re: charging portAlan Browne
 | `- Re: charging portChris
 +- Re: charging portAlan Browne
 `* Re: charging portAlan
  `* Re: charging portJolly Roger
   `* Re: charging portAlan
    `- Re: charging portJolly Roger

Pages:12
charging port

<v0jaut$31m8$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13159&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13159

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: charging port
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:00:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:00 UTC

The charging port on my iPhone 14 has gone bad already. I’ve tried several
cords including Apple ones and they don’t work. I was forced to go to
Walmart last night at 10:30pm and get a wireless charger.

Of course the warranty has ended and I don’t have Apple Care, but I used
Apple’s service app to find an authorized service center near me and make
an appointment for Monday, rather than the Genius Bar which is 30+ miles
away.

This is the second time this has happened to me. My iPhone 13 failed for
the same reason, which is why I upgraded to the iPhone 14. In the meantime
I have a work issued iPhone 11 that uses the same exact cord for charging
and is still going strong all these years.

Re: charging port

<k9tr2j19vuhaego7es9gmspjvfha7q6ulr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13172&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13172

From: mail@nospam.com (Chris in Makati)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: charging port
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 08:11:39 +0100
 by: Chris in Makati - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 07:11 UTC

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:00:13 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>The charging port on my iPhone 14 has gone bad already. I’ve tried several
>cords including Apple ones and they don’t work. I was forced to go to
>Walmart last night at 10:30pm and get a wireless charger.
>
>Of course the warranty has ended and I don’t have Apple Care, but I used
>Apple’s service app to find an authorized service center near me and make
>an appointment for Monday, rather than the Genius Bar which is 30+ miles
>away.
>
>This is the second time this has happened to me. My iPhone 13 failed for
>the same reason, which is why I upgraded to the iPhone 14. In the meantime
>I have a work issued iPhone 11 that uses the same exact cord for charging
>and is still going strong all these years.

My charging port has stopped working or worked intermittently a couple
of times. Both times it turned out to be a buildup of dust inside the
socket, probably due to me carrying the phone around in my pocket.

Using a combination of a watchmakers screwdriver and a pair of pointed
tweezers I was able to remove most of it and got it working again.

Re: charging port

<v0l426$vdcm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13173&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13173

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 11:14:45 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 09:14 UTC

On 28.04.24 09:11, Chris in Makati wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:00:13 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The charging port on my iPhone 14 has gone bad already. I’ve tried several
>> cords including Apple ones and they don’t work. I was forced to go to
>> Walmart last night at 10:30pm and get a wireless charger.
>>
>> Of course the warranty has ended and I don’t have Apple Care, but I used
>> Apple’s service app to find an authorized service center near me and make
>> an appointment for Monday, rather than the Genius Bar which is 30+ miles
>> away.
>>
>> This is the second time this has happened to me. My iPhone 13 failed for
>> the same reason, which is why I upgraded to the iPhone 14. In the meantime
>> I have a work issued iPhone 11 that uses the same exact cord for charging
>> and is still going strong all these years.
>
> My charging port has stopped working or worked intermittently a couple
> of times. Both times it turned out to be a buildup of dust inside the
> socket, probably due to me carrying the phone around in my pocket.
>
> Using a combination of a watchmakers screwdriver and a pair of pointed
> tweezers I was able to remove most of it and got it working again.

This is again a typical "badgolferman-claim". Nothing but bullshit. In
our family with about 20-30 iPhones in the last 15 years we never
experienced a similar issue. I simply do not believe him one single word.

--
"Mille viae ducunt hominem per saecula Romam." (Alanus ab Insulis 1120-1202)

Re: charging port

<xn0ol3vzr1hni87000@post.eweka.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13174&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13174

From: blueshirt@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 10:14:05 GMT
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 10:14 UTC

Jörg Lorenz wrote:

> On 28.04.24 09:11, Chris in Makati wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:00:13 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
> ><REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The charging port on my iPhone 14 has gone bad already.
> > > I’ve tried several cords including Apple ones and they
> > > don’t work. I was forced to go to Walmart last night at
> > > 10:30pm and get a wireless charger.
> > >
> > > This is the second time this has happened to me. My iPhone
> > > 13 failed for the same reason, which is why I upgraded to
> > > the iPhone 14. In the meantime I have a work issued iPhone
> > > 11 that uses the same exact cord for charging and is still
> > > going strong all these years.
> >
> > My charging port has stopped working or worked
> > intermittently a couple of times. Both times it turned out
> > to be a buildup of dust inside the socket, probably due to
> > me carrying the phone around in my pocket.
> >
> > Using a combination of a watchmakers screwdriver and a pair
> > of pointed tweezers I was able to remove most of it and got
> > it working again.
>
> This is again a typical "badgolferman-claim". Nothing but
> bullshit. In our family with about 20-30 iPhones in the last
> 15 years we never experienced a similar issue. I simply do not
> believe him one single word.

FWIW, the charging port on my last iPhone did stop working. It
might have been caused by a dust build-up from my pocket too,
also I think I got water in it. As I had wireless charger at
home and in the car it wasn't a big deal. Plus it was four years
old and time to upgrade to the iPhone 15 anyway. But it does
happen. Although I would assume the charging port doesn't stop
working for no reason!

Re: charging port

<v0l9n0$10eop$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13175&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13175

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:51:11 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 10:51 UTC

On 28.04.24 12:14, Blueshirt wrote:
> FWIW, the charging port on my last iPhone did stop working. It
> might have been caused by a dust build-up from my pocket too,
> also I think I got water in it.

You definitely left the operating envelope of the iPhone.

--
"Alea iacta est." (Julius Caesar)

Re: charging port

<v0lad6$4694$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13176&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13176

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 11:03:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 11:03 UTC

Chris in Makati <mail@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 17:00:13 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The charging port on my iPhone 14 has gone bad already. I’ve tried several
>> cords including Apple ones and they don’t work. I was forced to go to
>> Walmart last night at 10:30pm and get a wireless charger.
>>
>> Of course the warranty has ended and I don’t have Apple Care, but I used
>> Apple’s service app to find an authorized service center near me and make
>> an appointment for Monday, rather than the Genius Bar which is 30+ miles
>> away.
>>
>> This is the second time this has happened to me. My iPhone 13 failed for
>> the same reason, which is why I upgraded to the iPhone 14. In the meantime
>> I have a work issued iPhone 11 that uses the same exact cord for charging
>> and is still going strong all these years.
>
> My charging port has stopped working or worked intermittently a couple
> of times. Both times it turned out to be a buildup of dust inside the
> socket, probably due to me carrying the phone around in my pocket.
>
> Using a combination of a watchmakers screwdriver and a pair of pointed
> tweezers I was able to remove most of it and got it working again.

I cleaned out the port best I could and blew air into it, but nothing
changed. The last phone I had was checked out at the Apple Store and they
told me the port was bad. Maybe they lied since Lorenz doesn’t believe me.

I don’t like the wireless charger because it makes the phone hot. Also I
need the port to work so I can use Google Maps when I go on motorcycle
trips. The battery is down to 88% already, but the tech told me Apple
doesn’t recommend changing the battery until it gets below 80%.

Re: charging port

<v0lidt$448g$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13177&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13177

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:19:58 +0100
 by: Wilf - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 13:19 UTC

On 28/04/2024 at 12:03, badgolferman wrote:
> The battery is down to 88% already, but the tech told me Apple
> doesn’t recommend changing the battery until it gets below 80%.

The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro, purchased October 2022, is now down to
maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge. I
must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months. Oh well. And
I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
really is down to 86%.

--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<v0lig2$448g$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13178&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13178

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:21:06 +0100
 by: Wilf - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 13:21 UTC

On 28/04/2024 at 14:19, Wilf wrote:
> On 28/04/2024 at 12:03, badgolferman wrote:
>> The battery is down to 88% already, but the tech told me Apple
>> doesn’t recommend changing the battery until it gets below 80%.
>
> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro, purchased October 2022, is now down to
> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge. I
> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months. Oh well. And
> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
> really is down to 86%.

p.s. I'm waiting for someone to respond "no it isn't"

--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<v0lkbh$12lmq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13179&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13179

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:52:49 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 13:52 UTC

On 28.04.24 15:19, Wilf wrote:
> On 28/04/2024 at 12:03, badgolferman wrote:
>> The battery is down to 88% already, but the tech told me Apple
>> doesn’t recommend changing the battery until it gets below 80%.
>
> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro, purchased October 2022, is now down to
> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge. I
> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months. Oh well. And
> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
> really is down to 86%.

What is your question?
You simply mistreated the battery of your phone. Quite simple. My iPhone
14 is running 24/7 since I bought it in November 22. The battery
performance level is still 100% according to the device.

--
"Alea iacta est." (Julius Caesar)

Re: charging port

<v0lkip$12lmq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13180&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13180

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:56:41 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 13:56 UTC

On 28.04.24 15:52, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 28.04.24 15:19, Wilf wrote:
>> On 28/04/2024 at 12:03, badgolferman wrote:
>>> The battery is down to 88% already, but the tech told me Apple
>>> doesn’t recommend changing the battery until it gets below 80%.
>>
>> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro, purchased October 2022, is now down to
>> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge. I
>> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months. Oh well. And
>> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
>> really is down to 86%.
>
> What is your question?
> You simply mistreated the battery of your phone. Quite simple. My iPhone
> 14 is running 24/7 since I bought it in November 22. The battery
> performance level is still 100% according to the device.

The SE2020 of my wife bought summer 21 stands at 86% and is still
delivering one whole working day with heavy use.

--
"Alea iacta est." (Julius Caesar)

Re: charging port

<%BsXN.21923$iMKd.9093@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13181&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13181

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 09:58:19 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 13:58 UTC

On 2024-04-28 03:11, Chris in Makati wrote:

> My charging port has stopped working or worked intermittently a couple
> of times. Both times it turned out to be a buildup of dust inside the
> socket, probably due to me carrying the phone around in my pocket.
>
> Using a combination of a watchmakers screwdriver and a pair of pointed
> tweezers I was able to remove most of it and got it working again.

I use a thin piece of paper board and alcohol to clean the port and
contacts. About 1 / year seems to do it. iPhone 11 - coming up on 5
years of good use this Dec. - will stretch it another year.

--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”

Re: charging port

<IEsXN.21924$iMKd.5491@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13182&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13182

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 10:01:12 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:01 UTC

On 2024-04-28 09:19, Wilf wrote:

> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro,  purchased October 2022, is now down to
> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge.  I
> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months.

iPhone 11 Pro. 4.5 years. 90%. Doesn't affect my daily use at all.

--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”
- Charles de Gaulle.

Re: charging port

<v0lnim$448g$3@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13185&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13185

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:47:50 +0100
 by: Wilf - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:47 UTC

On 28/04/2024 at 14:52, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 28.04.24 15:19, Wilf wrote:
>> On 28/04/2024 at 12:03, badgolferman wrote:
>>> The battery is down to 88% already, but the tech told me Apple
>>> doesn’t recommend changing the battery until it gets below 80%.
>>
>> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro, purchased October 2022, is now down to
>> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge. I
>> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months. Oh well. And
>> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
>> really is down to 86%.
>
> What is your question?
> You simply mistreated the battery of your phone. Quite simple. My iPhone
> 14 is running 24/7 since I bought it in November 22. The battery
> performance level is still 100% according to the device.

Whatever. You're treatment of your iPhone must be legendary. But
honestly, you just can't be civil, can you?

--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<v0lnjm$448g$4@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13186&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13186

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:48:22 +0100
 by: Wilf - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:48 UTC

On 28/04/2024 at 14:56, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 28.04.24 15:52, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>>>
>>> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro, purchased October 2022, is now down to
>>> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge. I
>>> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months. Oh well. And
>>> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
>>> really is down to 86%.
>>
>> What is your question?
>> You simply mistreated the battery of your phone. Quite simple. My iPhone
>> 14 is running 24/7 since I bought it in November 22. The battery
>> performance level is still 100% according to the device.
>
> The SE2020 of my wife bought summer 21 stands at 86% and is still
> delivering one whole working day with heavy use.

You are obviously a caring and wonderful family. My congratulations.

--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<v0lnkq$448g$5@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13187&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13187

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:48:58 +0100

On 28/04/2024 at 15:01, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2024-04-28 09:19, Wilf wrote:
>
>> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro,  purchased October 2022, is now down to
>> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge.  I
>> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months.
>
> iPhone 11 Pro. 4.5 years. 90%. Doesn't affect my daily use at all.

Thanks. I must be doing something wrong. Like using it too much!

--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<v0lods$13n1k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13189&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13189

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:02:20 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:02 UTC

On 28.04.24 16:47, Wilf wrote:
> On 28/04/2024 at 14:52, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>>>
>>> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro, purchased October 2022, is now down to
>>> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge. I
>>> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months. Oh well. And
>>> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
>>> really is down to 86%.
>>
>> What is your question?
>> You simply mistreated the battery of your phone. Quite simple. My iPhone
>> 14 is running 24/7 since I bought it in November 22. The battery
>> performance level is still 100% according to the device.
>>

> Whatever. You're treatment of your iPhone must be legendary. But
> honestly, you just can't be civil, can you?

What is your question, Wilf? Or do you join the Apple-bashers like the
OP who is really ridiculous figure given he uses iPhones for years and
is permanently whining and bashing Apple.

Grown up people buy something else and shut up.

--
"Mille viae ducunt hominem per saecula Romam." (Alanus ab Insulis 1120-1202)

Re: charging port

<v0lpir$448h$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13190&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13190

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:22:03 +0100
 by: Wilf - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:22 UTC

On 28/04/2024 at 16:02, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 28.04.24 16:47, Wilf wrote:

>>> What is your question?
>>> You simply mistreated the battery of your phone. Quite simple. My iPhone
>>> 14 is running 24/7 since I bought it in November 22. The battery
>>> performance level is still 100% according to the device.
>>>

>> Whatever. You're treatment of your iPhone must be legendary. But
>> honestly, you just can't be civil, can you?
>
> What is your question, Wilf? Or do you join the Apple-bashers like the
> OP who is really ridiculous figure given he uses iPhones for years and
> is permanently whining and bashing Apple.
>
> Grown up people buy something else and shut up.

Oh dear. Apple-bashers". That is pathetic. I'm asking a simple
question - shall I spell it out for you?

W h at a m I d o i n g w r o n g w i t h my i P h o n e f o r i
t s b a t t e r y t o h a v e
d e t e r i o r a t e d i n s u c h a s h o r t t i m e ? C o u l
d i t b e d u e t o n i g h t l y w i r e l e s s c h a r g i n g?

By the way, I've never had a non-Apple smart phone. But you just go on
with your ridiculous ad hominem insults as they obviously make you feel
like a big, big man.

--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<v0lqag$142eg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13191&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13191

From: hugybear@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:34:40 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:34 UTC

On 28.04.24 17:22, Wilf wrote:
> Oh dear. Apple-bashers". That is pathetic. I'm asking a simple
> question - shall I spell it out for you?
>
> W h at a m I d o i n g w r o n g w i t h my i P h o n e f o r i
> t s b a t t e r y t o h a v e
> d e t e r i o r a t e d i n s u c h a s h o r t t i m e ? C o u l
> d i t b e d u e t o n i g h t l y w i r e l e s s c h a r g i n g?

Very probable! Wireless charging kills phone batteries because it is so
inefficient that it heats up the battery to not so healthy temps. And
since you bought it roughly 500 times. And do not discharge the phone
until it turns itself off and do not leave it on the charger longer than
necessary and do not let it lay around in the sun or a hot car.

> By the way, I've never had a non-Apple smart phone. But you just go on
> with your ridiculous ad hominem insults as they obviously make you feel
> like a big, big man.

Poor boy. And stop whining.

--
"Alea iacta est." (Julius Caesar)

Re: charging port

<v0lr4j$448g$6@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13192&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13192

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:48:35 +0100
 by: Wilf - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:48 UTC

On 28/04/2024 at 16:34, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
> On 28.04.24 17:22, Wilf wrote:
>> Oh dear. Apple-bashers". That is pathetic. I'm asking a simple
>> question - shall I spell it out for you?
>>
>> W h at a m I d o i n g w r o n g w i t h my i P h o n e f o r i
>> t s b a t t e r y t o h a v e
>> d e t e r i o r a t e d i n s u c h a s h o r t t i m e ? C o u l
>> d i t b e d u e t o n i g h t l y w i r e l e s s c h a r g i n g?
>
> Very probable! Wireless charging kills phone batteries because it is so
> inefficient that it heats up the battery to not so healthy temps. And
> since you bought it roughly 500 times. And do not discharge the phone
> until it turns itself off and do not leave it on the charger longer than
> necessary and do not let it lay around in the sun or a hot car.
>
>> By the way, I've never had a non-Apple smart phone. But you just go on
>> with your ridiculous ad hominem insults as they obviously make you feel
>> like a big, big man.
>
> Poor boy. And stop whining.

As I say. A big man. QED. Maybe go on stage with that comedy patter?

--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<0L6cnfBl1Lri8LP7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13193&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13193

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:38:39 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:38 UTC

On Apr 28, 2024 at 11:22:03 AM EDT, "Wilf" <wilf21@is.invalid> wrote:
> Oh dear. Apple-bashers". That is pathetic. I'm asking a simple
> question - shall I spell it out for you?
>
> W h at a m I d o i n g w r o n g w i t h my i P h o n e f o r i
> t s b a t t e r y t o h a v e
> d e t e r i o r a t e d i n s u c h a s h o r t t i m e ? C o u l
> d i t b e d u e t o n i g h t l y w i r e l e s s c h a r g i n g?

It sits on a "wireless" charger every night? I would say yes, that is killing
it. Heat.

I have an 8 Plus (6.5 years old) that is at 99%. Granted it does not get much
use these days. My work-issued 12 Pro Max (3.5 years old and sees lots of
use) is at 91%.

I don't charge them daily. I charge them when they get down to around 50%. I
use iPad chargers since it charges faster.

Personally I would never use "wireless" charging.

Re: charging port

<v0lr88$448h$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13194&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13194

From: wilf21@is.invalid (Wilf)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:50:33 +0100
 by: Wilf - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:50 UTC

On 28/04/2024 at 16:38, Tyrone wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2024 at 11:22:03 AM EDT, "Wilf" <wilf21@is.invalid> wrote:
>> Oh dear. Apple-bashers". That is pathetic. I'm asking a simple
>> question - shall I spell it out for you?
>>
>> W h at a m I d o i n g w r o n g w i t h my i P h o n e f o r i
>> t s b a t t e r y t o h a v e
>> d e t e r i o r a t e d i n s u c h a s h o r t t i m e ? C o u l
>> d i t b e d u e t o n i g h t l y w i r e l e s s c h a r g i n g?
>
> It sits on a "wireless" charger every night? I would say yes, that is killing
> it. Heat.
>
> I have an 8 Plus (6.5 years old) that is at 99%. Granted it does not get much
> use these days. My work-issued 12 Pro Max (3.5 years old and sees lots of
> use) is at 91%.
>
> I don't charge them daily. I charge them when they get down to around 50%. I
> use iPad chargers since it charges faster.
>
> Personally I would never use "wireless" charging.

Oh dear. I was taken in by the convenience of wireless charging,
perhaps. Thank you for your helpful reply.
--
Wilf

Re: charging port

<v0lre4$14i6g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13195&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13195

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:53:39 +0100
 by: Chris - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:53 UTC

On 28/04/2024 14:19, Wilf wrote:
> On 28/04/2024 at 12:03, badgolferman wrote:
>> The battery is down to 88% already, but the tech told me Apple
>> doesn’t recommend changing the battery until it gets below 80%.
>
> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro,  purchased October 2022, is now down to
> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge.  I
> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months.  Oh well.  And
> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
> really is down to 86%.

Honestly, not being critical and agree with that sounds low for that age
of phone.

My nearly 5 yo XR is at low 80s and my 13 month old 13 is still at 95%,
but I don't push them hard.

Re: charging port

<v0lu7h$4ag6$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13196&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13196

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:41:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:41 UTC

Wilf <wilf21@is.invalid> wrote:

> By the way, I've never had a non-Apple smart phone. But you just go on
> with your ridiculous ad hominem insults as they obviously make you feel
> like a big, big man.

Welcome to the Apple newsgroups.

Re: charging port

<J8vXN.33543$TyYf.13224@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13198&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13198

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:51:52 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:51 UTC

On 2024-04-28 10:47, Wilf wrote:
> On 28/04/2024 at 14:52, Jörg Lorenz wrote:
>>>
>>> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro,  purchased October 2022, is now down to
>>> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge.  I
>>> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months.  Oh well.  And
>>> I'm not a troll, my name isn't the mythical "Arlen", and my battery
>>> really is down to 86%.
>>
>> What is your question?
>> You simply mistreated the battery of your phone. Quite simple. My iPhone
>> 14 is running 24/7 since I bought it in November 22. The battery
>> performance level is still 100% according to the device.
>>

> Whatever. You're treatment of your iPhone must be legendary.  But
> honestly, you just can't be civil, can you?

In Jôrg's world it you don't behave, live, breathe, opine, work (and so
on) like him, you're doing it wrong.

--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”
- Charles de Gaulle.

Re: charging port

<IcvXN.33544$TyYf.9465@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13199&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13199

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 12:56:08 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:56 UTC

On 2024-04-28 10:48, Wilf wrote:
> On 28/04/2024 at 15:01, Alan Browne wrote:
>> On 2024-04-28 09:19, Wilf wrote:
>>
>>> The battery in my iPhone 14 Pro,  purchased October 2022, is now down to
>>> maximum capacity 86%, which severely limits the length of any charge.  I
>>> must say that I'm surprised at this after only 18 months.
>>
>> iPhone 11 Pro.  4.5 years.   90%. Doesn't affect my daily use at all.
>>

> Thanks.  I must be doing something wrong.  Like using it too much!

It does come down to use cases. I can do 2 - 3 days per charge (esp
weekends), whereas I know a couple people who have to be near a charger
by 14:00 every day for a top up to make it through the workday and plug
into the car to top up on the way home (people who use the phone a lot).

If you regularly dip below 20% charge level (like daily), then that can
contribute a lot to faster wear of the battery. (Although it makes a
good case for 100% charge as the battery doesn't remain at that voltage
very long.

Leaving the phone in the car on hot/sunny days is a good way to abuse
the battery too ...