"If you can, help others. If you can't, at least don't hurt others." -- the Dalai Lama

computers / alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt / Re: SSD in side of case, on back of motherboard safe ?

SubjectAuthor
o Re: SSD in side of case, on back of motherboard safe ?Bill

1
Re: SSD in side of case, on back of motherboard safe ?

<D2i%L.17742$7clb.570@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1312&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#1312

Subject: Re: SSD in side of case, on back of motherboard safe ?
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
From: nonegiven@att.net (Bill)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 16:33:38 -0400
 by: Bill - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 20:33 UTC

On 4/17/2023 1:27 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> PC Case Prospect 700R allows (sata3?) SSD to be placed behind motherboard.
>
> However there is no airflow there I think or very little ?! Plus some heat of motherboard might also leak through ?!
>
> Is it safe to place SSDs behind motherboard or can they overheat, melt, etc ?!
>
> Hmmm...
>
> Bye for now,
> Skybuck.

If you want all of your components to last as long as possible, you will
take care that they all have some ventilation. Didn't you case maker
suggest by design where the SSDs were intended to go? Motherboards are
warmer in some spots than others, I wouldn't mess with it--but I'm
not Skybuck Flying.