From: cshannon1898@yahoo.com (Connor Shannon)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Calls going straight to voicemail
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:25:33 -0700
 by: Connor Shannon - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 19:25 UTC

Hi.

A couple times recently I needed to call a company's support ppl and
when they called back their call went right to my iPhone voicemail it
didn't ring or anything. I googled and found out about an iPhone setting
called Silence Unknown Callers but I checked and I don't have that on.
B'cuz I don't know what number the support ppl will use I can't put them
in my Contacts. How can I make sure that any body that calls I can see
the call and answer it?

Re: Calls going straight to voicemail

<l8td8oFm3hcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13104&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13104

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Calls going straight to voicemail
Date: 24 Apr 2024 21:52:24 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 21:52 UTC

On 2024-04-24, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> A couple times recently I needed to call a company's support ppl and
> when they called back their call went right to my iPhone voicemail it
> didn't ring or anything. I googled and found out about an iPhone setting
> called Silence Unknown Callers but I checked and I don't have that on.
> B'cuz I don't know what number the support ppl will use I can't put them
> in my Contacts. How can I make sure that any body that calls I can see
> the call and answer it?

Another possible cause is a very weak cellular signal in the area you were in
at the time. Loss of cellular signal while a call is incoming would
result in that call going straight to voicemail (same as if your phone
was turned off at the time).

JR

Re: Calls going straight to voicemail

<v0com3$2r0aj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13109&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13109

From: cshannon1898@yahoo.com (Connor Shannon)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:11:31 -0700
 by: Connor Shannon - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 05:11 UTC

On 4/24/24 2:52 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2024-04-24, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> A couple times recently I needed to call a company's support ppl and
>> when they called back their call went right to my iPhone voicemail it
>> didn't ring or anything. I googled and found out about an iPhone setting
>> called Silence Unknown Callers but I checked and I don't have that on.
>> B'cuz I don't know what number the support ppl will use I can't put them
>> in my Contacts. How can I make sure that any body that calls I can see
>> the call and answer it?
>
> Another possible cause is a very weak cellular signal in the area you were in
> at the time. Loss of cellular signal while a call is incoming would
> result in that call going straight to voicemail (same as if your phone
> was turned off at the time).

Hmmm maybe so. I do have kinda a weak signal at my desk and in fact I
lost a couple of calls today. Maybe I'll have somebody call me when the
signal bars are better and see if it does the same thing. Thank you.

Re: Calls going straight to voicemail

<l8vaqvFeppU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13116&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#13116

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 25 Apr 2024 15:23:11 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:23 UTC

On 2024-04-25, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/24 2:52 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> On 2024-04-24, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> A couple times recently I needed to call a company's support ppl and
>>> when they called back their call went right to my iPhone voicemail
>>> it didn't ring or anything. I googled and found out about an iPhone
>>> setting called Silence Unknown Callers but I checked and I don't
>>> have that on. B'cuz I don't know what number the support ppl will
>>> use I can't put them in my Contacts. How can I make sure that any
>>> body that calls I can see the call and answer it?
>>
>> Another possible cause is a very weak cellular signal in the area you
>> were in at the time. Loss of cellular signal while a call is incoming
>> would result in that call going straight to voicemail (same as if
>> your phone was turned off at the time).
>
> Hmmm maybe so. I do have kinda a weak signal at my desk and in fact I
> lost a couple of calls today. Maybe I'll have somebody call me when
> the signal bars are better and see if it does the same thing. Thank
> you.

If calls are being dropped that's definitely a sign that you are losing
cellular connectivity.

JR

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: Calls going straight to voicemail