From: nospam.Jay.Harris@f664.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Jay Harris)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: My Eff Up
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 14:13:10 +1200
 by: Jay Harris - Fri, 13 May 2022 02:13 UTC

Hi g00r00,

It looks like awhile ago I accidentally deleted my node entry for my Micronet
uplink.

I didn't really notice this because inbound email from my uplink was still
working (even though they weren't setup as a node anymore) and anything I
posted to Micronet looked like it was still being tossed (I was seeing the
messages on my point), but wasn't making it out to the rest of the network.

When I went into a Micronet message base I saw:

Net Address | 618:500/23 (Micronet)
Export To | 2 node(s)

But going into "Export To" I saw:

### Description Address
XXX UNKNOWN ID 3
2 NRTG Micro 618:500/23.2

My Micronet uplink is also my Fidonet uplink (Nick) so I'm wondering if that
could be why Micronet messages continued to flow inbound after I deleted that
uplink entry?

Jay

.... Any man can make a mistake, only a fool keeps making the same one

Re: My Eff Up

<309796369@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1300&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1300

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: My Eff Up
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 23:55:04 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Fri, 13 May 2022 11:55 UTC

JH> It looks like awhile ago I accidentally deleted my node entry for my
JH> Micronet uplink.
JH>
JH> My Micronet uplink is also my Fidonet uplink (Nick) so I'm wondering if
JH> that could be why Micronet messages continued to flow inbound after I
JH> deleted that uplink entry?

Yes that sounds right. When BINKP connects it will show all of your addresses
on your system (unless you tell it not to) and then other system (in this case
Nick) will likely send you all packets that are addressed to any of the
addresses your system presented.

This means you'd still get the mail coming in, but since the link was no longer
there it wasn't getting tossed out.

.... Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: My Eff Up