Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
From: 24D234@tpq23b.net (24D.234)
Subject: NVIDIA Founder Launches 'AI' Chip/Unit To Replace Programmers
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 22:34:03 -0400
 by: 24D.234 - Wed, 31 May 2023 02:34 UTC

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12141439/Nvidia-CEO-says-firms-revolutionary-AI-chip-allow-programmer.html

Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang gets a rockstar welcome in birthplace
Taiwan as charismatic founder says his firm's revolutionary AI
chip will allow ANYONE to become a programmer - just by SPEAKING
to the computer

Addressing the annual gathering, Huang spoke about a
new AI supercomputer platform called DGX GH200, aimed
at building generative AI models - a type of artificial
intelligence technology that can produce content,
including text, imagery, audio and synthetic data.

Huang said it would make programming open to all.

'AI is an incredible computer that's very easy to
program,' he said.

'You can speak whatever language you like, you can even
draw pictures. I have just turned everyone into a programmer.'

He celebrated the end of what he called the 'digital divide.'

.. . .

Told 'ya :-)

And if v1.0 is a little thin they'll fix it in
v1.1 ... and after that it'll improve itself.

Can human programmers write "better" code ? Maybe.
However they don't really write CHEAPER code or
code very FAST. For a large segment even "crappy
but functional" is considered a plus so long as
it's QUICK and CHEAP and CONVENIENT. Think of this
as the "fast food" of coding.

Of interest, this will probably disemploy most
of NVIDIA's programmers/developers. They've
stabbed themselves in the back.

NVIDIA was declared a trillion-dollar company just
the other day. It is not the only source of fast
GPUs and "AI" chips, but it's a huge player.

SO ... making a living as a programmer or something
very similar ? You're OUT. You cheered as your
monsters came to life, and now ...

The pointy-haired bosses will just DESCRIBE what they
want and the AI will write it on the fly. Soon enough
there will be an app to eliminate the pointy-haired
bosses too ... but let's not tell them hmm ?

Re: NVIDIA Founder Launches 'AI' Chip/Unit To Replace Programmers

<u56ma3$nbgk$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12616&group=comp.os.linux.misc#12616

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 07:34:59 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Wed, 31 May 2023 05:34 UTC

Am 31.05.23 um 04:34 schrieb 24D.234:
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12141439/Nvidia-CEO-says-firms-revolutionary-AI-chip-allow-programmer.html
>
> Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang gets a rockstar welcome in birthplace
> Taiwan as charismatic founder says his firm's revolutionary AI
> chip will allow ANYONE to become a programmer - just by SPEAKING
> to the computer

Do you really think we need a gateway to the internet?
And you should not believe you can escape my killfile by constantly
changing your identity. This is *non-artificial intelligence*!

*SCNR*

--
De gustibus non est disputandum