A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.

computers / microsoft.public.windowsxp.general / Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

SubjectAuthor
* - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Reviewcarl
`* Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - ReviewMayayana
 +* Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Reviewcarl
 |+* Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - ReviewShadow
 ||`* Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)David Brooks
 || +- Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)Wolffan
 || +* Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)Billy Mynews Ferrell
 || |`* Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)J. P. Gilliver (John)
 || | `* Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)Billy Mynews Ferrell
 || |  +- Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)Shadow
 || |  +* Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze -LegionX
 || |  |`* Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)Billy Mynews Ferrell
 || |  | +- Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)Shadow
 || |  | `* Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)Wolffan
 || |  |  `- Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze -Paul
 || |  `* Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run TimeSnit
 || |   `- Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze -LegionX
 || `- Re: Good advice?Shadow
 |`- Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - ReviewMayayana
 `- Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - ReviewJJ

1
- No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review

<79h8ggl4dgsssqlhn7r2s8fk6cf6b9r8td@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1108&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1108

From: carl@mit.net
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 13:32:53 -0500
 by: carl@mit.net - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 18:32 UTC

https://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze-Review-465723.shtml

With all things considered, Time Freeze is a must-have application for
any computer users, whether they frequently experiment with new
programs on the PC or not. Thanks to the fact that it is so easy to
install, run and control, Time Freeze can be started before any
activity to make sure the computer will remain safe at all times.

Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review

<se1q4g$59b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1109&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1109

From: mayayana@invalid.nospam (Mayayana)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:14:03 -0400
 by: Mayayana - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 21:14 UTC

<carl@mit.net> wrote in message

https://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze-Review-465723.shtml
| | With all things considered, Time Freeze is a must-have application for
| any computer users, whether they frequently experiment with new
| programs on the PC or not. Thanks to the fact that it is so easy to
| install, run and control, Time Freeze can be started before any
| activity to make sure the computer will remain safe at all times.

Fine if it works for you but it seems like a
clunky solution to me. You're basically making
your system read-only to avoid malware. Why
not just be more careful?

Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review

<t3r8ggpvap3osd31adtlrp3cq7rj4dt3af@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1110&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1110

From: carl@mit.net
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:35:08 -0500
 by: carl@mit.net - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 21:35 UTC

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:14:03 -0400, "Mayayana"
<mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

><carl@mit.net> wrote in message
>

>https://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze-Review-465723.shtml
>|
>| With all things considered, Time Freeze is a must-have application for
>| any computer users, whether they frequently experiment with new
>| programs on the PC or not. Thanks to the fact that it is so easy to
>| install, run and control, Time Freeze can be started before any
>| activity to make sure the computer will remain safe at all times.
>|

> Fine if it works for you but it seems like a
>clunky solution to me. You're basically making
>your system read-only to avoid malware. Why
>not just be more careful?

That is such an astoundingly ignorant answer it doesn't deserve a
response.

Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review

<5i29ggd17kkt526ihqf1kh0p1ib5c87gog@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1112&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1112

From: Sh@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 20:29:42 -0300
 by: Shadow - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 23:29 UTC

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:35:08 -0500, carl@mit.net wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:14:03 -0400, "Mayayana"
><mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>
>><carl@mit.net> wrote in message
>>

>>https://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze-Review-465723.shtml
>>|
>>| With all things considered, Time Freeze is a must-have application for
>>| any computer users, whether they frequently experiment with new
>>| programs on the PC or not. Thanks to the fact that it is so easy to
>>| install, run and control, Time Freeze can be started before any
>>| activity to make sure the computer will remain safe at all times.
>>|

>> Fine if it works for you but it seems like a
>>clunky solution to me. You're basically making
>>your system read-only to avoid malware. Why
>>not just be more careful?
>>

>That is such an astoundingly ignorant answer it doesn't deserve a
>response.

I've been running XP for 14 years without an infection. No
resident AV (I do an overnight monthly scan with Kaspersky's Rescue
Disk, just in case). No time freeze.
Simple safe hex and you're safe.
I agree with Mayayana on that.
Only fools get infected.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review

<se29nk$tqe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1114&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1114

From: mayayana@invalid.nospam (Mayayana)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 21:40:14 -0400
 by: Mayayana - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 01:40 UTC

<carl@mit.net> wrote

| >| With all things considered, Time Freeze is a must-have application for
| >| any computer users, whether they frequently experiment with new
| >| programs on the PC or not. Thanks to the fact that it is so easy to
| >| install, run and control, Time Freeze can be started before any
| >| activity to make sure the computer will remain safe at all times.
| >|

| > Fine if it works for you but it seems like a
| >clunky solution to me. You're basically making
| >your system read-only to avoid malware. Why
| >not just be more careful?
| >
| | That is such an astoundingly ignorant answer it doesn't deserve a
| response.

:) Funny how it's always people who don't know what they're
talking about who choose bombastic insults oover reasoned
argument.

You're talking about running extra software, to render
your system essentiually read-only, then you download files
onto a USB stick and employ the AV you think is junk to
see whether it's safe to save. It's a Rube Goldberg solution.

On top of that, the software comes from China and you
just showed up out of nowhere to push it. So there's
no shortage of reasons to be dubious.

I've never had malware. I haven't used AV since about 2000.
I'm careful with email and rarely enable script online. That's
where the main problems are. If you mostly just do email and
web browsing, you're happy losing all changes with every boot, and
you trust the Chinese, then I suppose your approach could make
some sense. But if you're going to lock yourself out of your own
computer then what's the point? You may as well use a chromebook.

Re: - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review

<fsaymmhjykcn$.1d0xegtojiluk.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1115&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1115

From: jj4public@gmail.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 18:12:12 +0700
 by: JJ - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 11:12 UTC

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:14:03 -0400, Mayayana wrote:

> <carl@mit.net> wrote in message
>

> https://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze-Review-465723.shtml
>|
>| With all things considered, Time Freeze is a must-have application for
>| any computer users, whether they frequently experiment with new
>| programs on the PC or not. Thanks to the fact that it is so easy to
>| install, run and control, Time Freeze can be started before any
>| activity to make sure the computer will remain safe at all times.
>|

> Fine if it works for you but it seems like a
> clunky solution to me. You're basically making
> your system read-only to avoid malware. Why
> not just be more careful?

I really hope you're not using anti virus.

Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<shugek$avu$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1182&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1182

From: DavidB@invalid.E-S (David Brooks)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 05:16:19 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 04:16 UTC

On 31/07/2021 00:29, Shadow wrote: MID
<5i29ggd17kkt526ihqf1kh0p1ib5c87gog@4ax.com>
[....]

> I've been running XP for 14 years without an infection. No
> resident AV (I do an overnight monthly scan with Kaspersky's Rescue
> Disk, just in case). No time freeze.
> Simple safe hex and you're safe.
> I agree with Mayayana on that.
> Only fools get infected.
> []'s

*You Don’t Need to Buy Antivirus Software*

UPDATED APRIL 21, 2020

//We’ve updated our original post to better reflect the advice we heard
from experts, none of whom endorsed specific software. Most people can
use Windows Defender alone to keep their computers secure.//

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/best-antivirus/

*Only fools run WindowsXP*

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<0001HW.26F36DDD00CC2A26700005D3338F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1185&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1185

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 08:19:41 -0400
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, alt.computer.workshop
 by: Wolffan - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 12:19 UTC

On 2021 Sep 16, David Brooks wrote
(in article<shugek$avu$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>):

> On 31/07/2021 00:29, Shadow wrote: MID
> <5i29ggd17kkt526ihqf1kh0p1ib5c87gog@4ax.com>
> [....]
> >
> > I've been running XP for 14 years without an infection. No
> > resident AV (I do an overnight monthly scan with Kaspersky's Rescue
> > Disk, just in case). No time freeze.
> > Simple safe hex and you're safe.
> > I agree with Mayayana on that.
> > Only fools get infected.
> > []'s
>
> *You Don’t Need to Buy Antivirus Software*
>
> UPDATED APRIL 21, 2020
>
> //We’ve updated our original post to better reflect the advice we heard
> from experts, none of whom endorsed specific software. Most people can
> use Windows Defender alone to keep their computers secure.//
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/best-antivirus/
>
> *Only fools run WindowsXP*

You _do_ know that Windows Security Essentials
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Security_Essentials the version of
what’s now called Windows Defender, runs on XP? (There was something else
called Windows Defender on XP. It was anti-spyware.) It is perfectly possible
to run XP without 3rd-party antimalware, if you know what you’re doing...
Oh. Wait. You’re an idiot and have no clue about pretty much anything and
everything.

Note that Microsoft, in its ongoing campaign to kill off XP, doesn’t
support WSE anymore. WSE is still useful, though, in combination with other
free utilities, most of which _are_ still supported. Even on XP. Because
several of those utilities are developed by people who use XP, still, and who
will have to have XP pried out of their cold dead hands, no matter how much
Microsoft (and vile idiots such as yourself) whine.

Damn but you’re vile, ol’ yellowstain. You continue to plumb new depths
of vileness, in so many ways.

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<shvfbm$8op$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1186&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1186

From: admin@moderated.xyz (Billy Mynews Ferrell)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 08:03:43 -0500
 by: Billy Mynews Ferrell - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:03 UTC

"David Brooks" wrote in message
> On 31/07/2021 00:29, Shadow wrote: MID
> <5i29ggd17kkt526ihqf1kh0p1ib5c87gog@4ax.com>
>> I've been running XP for 14 years without an infection. No
>> resident AV (I do an overnight monthly scan with Kaspersky's Rescue
>> Disk, just in case). No time freeze.
>> Simple safe hex and you're safe.
>> I agree with Mayayana on that.
>> Only fools get infected.
>> []'s

No One Makes A 32-bit
Resident AV No More
For Old PC
Only 64-bits Resident AV

> *You Don't Need to Buy Antivirus Software*
>
> UPDATED APRIL 21, 2020
>
> //We've updated our original post to better reflect the advice we heard
> from experts, none of whom endorsed specific software. Most people can use
> Windows Defender alone to keep their computers secure.//
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/best-antivirus/
>
> *Only fools run WindowsXP*

Only The Poor run Windows XP
On A Old 32-bit PC

Re: Good advice?

<rgf6kg9qi2povhp3c8sle60ao8u7isbodr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1187&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1187

From: Sh@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Re: Good advice?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:19:39 -0300
 by: Shadow - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:19 UTC

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 05:16:19 +0100, David Brooks <DavidB@invalid.E-S>
wrote:

><slight snip of spam>

>*Only fools run WindowsXP*

Tell that to the banks all over the world. Most still use
systems M$ tells it's lusers are "unsafe". Those that haven't switched
to Linux.
And there's always the example of Putin(uses XP). Probably the
smartest politician alive(not the nicest, so you'd probably love him).

Did you see the latest Apple exploit? In the wild, and with a
CVS for almost 5 months before Apple got the OK from the NSA and
issued a patch. Bad guys were exploiting it long before that.

<https://www.npr.org/2021/09/14/1036869715/apple-issues-critical-patch-to-fix-security-hole-exploited-by-spyware-company>
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/09/13/pegasus-spyware-new-exploit-apple/>
<https://citizenlab.ca/2021/09/forcedentry-nso-group-imessage-zero-click-exploit-captured-in-the-wild/>
The last one has the date it was detected and reported.
20210413.

5 months with you clasping your absolutely vulnerable only "RL
friend" to your chest. How to you know you weren't hacked?

"My 27 inch screen protects me from malware" - quote BD.
Or "I have the latest update, so I'm safe" - also BD.
"I wear a female prophylactic when I go to the sauna, I know
all about safety and security" - attributed to BD

LOL, you never learn.
Friendly advice: read more, drink less.

------------------------------------
BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to
hide".
I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request,
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

<https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php>

93 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Google Fuchsia - 2021

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<qpDah+yrz0QhFwZr@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1188&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1188

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:55:55 +0100
From: G6JPG@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:55 UTC

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 at 08:03:43, Billy Mynews Ferrell
<admin@moderated.xyz> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
[]
> No One Makes A 32-bit
> Resident AV No More
> For Old PC
> Only 64-bits Resident AV

I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated
2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32.
[]
> Only The Poor run Windows XP
> On A Old 32-bit PC

Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.

"In the _car_-park? What are you doing there?" "Parking cars, what else does one
do in a car-park?" (First series, fit the fifth.)

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<shvke8$be1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1189&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1189

From: admin@moderated.xyz (Billy Mynews Ferrell)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:30:24 -0500
 by: Billy Mynews Ferrell - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:30 UTC

"J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 at 08:03:43, Billy Mynews Ferrell
> <admin@moderated.xyz> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
>> No One Makes A 32-bit
>> Resident AV No More
>> For Old PC
>> Only 64-bits Resident AV
> I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated
> 2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32.
>> Only The Poor run Windows XP
>> On A Old 32-bit PC
> Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.

Poor Boy J. P. Gilliver.

As For Your XP Machine

If You Have To Do A Reinstall
You Will Not Be Able
To Re-Active It

For All Windows XP Update
Links at Dead

As USA Microsoft Say
You Have 30 days To Call To Active

So Make That Call They Say

Get A New 64-bit Machine
With A New 64-bit OS

Or As I Say
You Just Kiss You Usenet
Good Bye

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<gks6kgtj2lmaksgd6tshkj3ijbj70ie44g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1190&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1190

From: Sh@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:45:05 -0300
 by: Shadow - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 16:45 UTC

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:30:24 -0500, "Billy Mynews Ferrell"
<admin@moderated.xyz> wrote:

>"J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 at 08:03:43, Billy Mynews Ferrell
>> <admin@moderated.xyz> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
>>> No One Makes A 32-bit
>>> Resident AV No More
>>> For Old PC
>>> Only 64-bits Resident AV
>> I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated
>> 2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32.
>>> Only The Poor run Windows XP
>>> On A Old 32-bit PC
>> Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.
>>>

> Poor Boy J. P. Gilliver.

My machine is modern. 64 bit.
Windows XP Pro 32 bit. I run a lot of stuff in RAMDisks to use
the excess RAM.
No malware detected by Kaspersky Rescue Disk(which will run on
any 64 bit machine, regardless of the OS - M$ or Linux - all you need
is a USB port.

> As For Your XP Machine
>
> If You Have To Do A Reinstall
> You Will Not Be Able
> To Re-Active It

It's just a small registry entry. If you bought it, it's
yours.
Unlike "modern" M$ offers, which are, for all practical
purposes, dumb terminals on a lease.

Ignore HOT-Text, he's a BD-groupie troll, akin to snit..
Not sure who BD is?
This will help:

------------------------------------
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

<https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php>

93 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Google Fuchsia - 2021

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<si018h$5es$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1191&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1191

From: MichaelAndAnneGlasser@griftersconjobsllc.com (LegionX)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze -
Review)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 14:09:20 -0400 (EDT)
 by: LegionX - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 18:09 UTC

"Billy Mynews Ferrell" <admin@moderated.xyz> Wrote in message:r
> "J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in messagenews:qpDah+yrz0QhFwZr@255soft.uk...> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 at 08:03:43, Billy Mynews Ferrell > <admin@moderated.xyz> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):>> No One Makes A 32-bit>> Resident AV No More>> For Old PC>> Only 64-bits Resident AV> I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated > 2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32.>> Only The Poor run Windows XP>> On A Old 32-bit PC> Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.>>

>Poor Boy J. P. Gilliver. As For Your XP Machine If You Have To Do A Reinstall You Will Not Be Able To Re-Active It

You're a special kind of tech dumbass aren't you. XP corp edition
doesn't do activation. It can still be installed and used.
Depending on whether or not he's got a true oem or a marked oem
or a retail or Corp decides if there is any ms required
activation.

Please stop giving unsound advice. You sound like snit when you go
and do that, dumbass.

Also there's still 32bit versions of av and am available with
updates. Stop writing from your ass, you fucking
moron.

--
<https://tinyurl.com/WhatIsSnit>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitliesmethods>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snit-Reviews>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitwhopperlie>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snit-teddybear>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitonduck>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitongoogle>
Snits mental problems and drug abuse:
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse1>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse2>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse3>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse4>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse5>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse6>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse7>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse8>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse9>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse10>
<https://tinyurl.com/Snitdrugabuse11>
Snit is one f*cked up puppy - who steals our hard earned tax
paying dollars from the government by running a long con for
welfare - who can be reached via
telephone or text message at:
1.928.445.3425 or 1-(928)-445-3425
1.928.776.9519 or 1-(928)-776-9519
Michael (snit) and Anne Glasser (life-like troll lady)
professional Grifters. Animal abuser = snit pissed on his own
cat!

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<RhN0J.121433$o45.1368@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1192&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1192

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time
Freeze - Review)
From: Brock.McNuggets@gmail.com (Snit)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:54:25 GMT
 by: Snit - Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:54 UTC

Billy Mynews Ferrell <admin@moderated.xyz> wrote:
> "J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 at 08:03:43, Billy Mynews Ferrell
>> <admin@moderated.xyz> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
>>> No One Makes A 32-bit
>>> Resident AV No More
>>> For Old PC
>>> Only 64-bits Resident AV
>> I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated
>> 2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32.
>>> Only The Poor run Windows XP
>>> On A Old 32-bit PC
>> Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.
>>>

> Poor Boy J. P. Gilliver.
>
> As For Your XP Machine
>
> If You Have To Do A Reinstall
> You Will Not Be Able
> To Re-Active It
>
> For All Windows XP Update
> Links at Dead
>
> As USA Microsoft Say
> You Have 30 days To Call To Active
>
> So Make That Call They Say
>
> Get A New 64-bit Machine
> With A New 64-bit OS
>
> Or As I Say
> You Just Kiss You Usenet
> Good Bye

There are work arounds.

https://superuser.com/questions/1502796/how-do-i-activate-windowsxp-now-that-support-has-ended

somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<si0nth$m98$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1193&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1193

From: MichaelAndAnneGlasser@griftersconjobsllc.com (LegionX)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Review)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 20:36:01 -0400 (EDT)
 by: LegionX - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 00:36 UTC

Snit <Brock.McNuggets@gmail.com> Wrote in message:

>There are work arounds.

Great. Another tech dumbass adds their two cents. Class is in
session. Take a seat dumbass. Activating windows via the
activation servers is not a "work around" you functionally
illiterate fraud.

>https://superuser.com/questions/1502796/how-do-i-activate-windowsxp-now-that-support-has-ended

Did you make it to the comments as you "skimmed" what you thought
was good content? No doubt the work of a search engine - not you
specifically - so that you could appear knowledgeable and
helpful. Another snit circus tent stake has been discovered,
dumbass.

The comments contain useful information dumbass. Did you and Billy
share the same I.T classes? ?"It's almost as if the two of you
share the same brain. Curious." - rambled snit

--
[...]

<si10j8$6hp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1194&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1194

From: admin@moderated.xyz (Billy Mynews Ferrell)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:04:01 -0500
 by: Billy Mynews Ferrell - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 03:04 UTC

"LegionX" dumbass wrote in message news:si018h$5es$1@dont-email.me...
> "Billy Mynews Ferrell" <admin@moderated.xyz> Wrote in message:r
>> "J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in
>> messagenews:qpDah+yrz0QhFwZr@255soft.uk...
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 at 08:03:43, Billy Mynews Ferrell
> <admin@moderated.xyz> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
>> No One Makes A 32-bit
>> Resident AV No More>> For Old PC
>> Only 64-bits Resident AV
> I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated
> 2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32
..>> Only The Poor run Windows XP
>> On A Old 32-bit PC
> Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.
>>

>>Poor Boy J. P. Gilliver. As For Your XP Machine If You Have To Do
>>A Reinstall You Will Not Be Able To Re-Active It
>
> You're a special kind of tech dumbass aren't you. XP corp edition
> doesn't do activation. It can still be installed and used.
> Depending on whether or not he's got a true oem or a marked oem
> or a retail or Corp decides if there is any ms required
> activation.
>
> Please stop giving unsound advice. You sound like snit when you go
> and do that, dumbass.
>
> Also there's still 32bit versions of av and am available with
> updates. Stop writing from your ass, you fucking
> moron.

Like To See You Use
A XP corp edition

As I Said Before
You Can Installed
But You Can't Update It

For All Windows XP Update
Links at All Dead

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<0l09kg15trd616mbse5g4f9pvq2jcujg8j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1195&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1195

From: Sh@dow.br (Shadow)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 09:19:24 -0300
 by: Shadow - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 12:19 UTC

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 22:04:01 -0500, "Billy Mynews Ferrell"
<admin@moderated.xyz> wrote:

> For All Windows XP Update
> Links at All Dead

I have a nLite backup on DVD(s). Plus a few useful extra
patches.
I can re-install any time I want. Though I've NEVER had to
re-install. LOL. Unlike BD, I practice safe hex.
I do frequent image backups. HDs eventually crash.

This HD still has my DOS 6.2 from the 90's on the D:
partition. Though you have to tweak the registry to run 16 bit apps on
XP.

DOS --> Win31-->Win311--> Win95-->Win98--> Win98SE--> XP
I've always saved the old OS in a folder before updating.

You and BD should do some sort of tech course.
ANYTHING computer related will be a win-win. If you can
convince snit to do it too, you might get a volume discount.
HTH

------------------------------------
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

<https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php>

93 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Google Fuchsia - 2021

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<0001HW.26F4DE4D012284FC700005D3338F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1196&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1196

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 10:31:41 -0400
From: akwolffan@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop, alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp, microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
 by: Wolffan - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:31 UTC

On 2021 Sep 16, Billy Mynews Ferrell wrote
(in article <si10j8$6hp$1@dont-email.me>):

> "LegionX" dumbass wrote in message news:si018h$5es$1@dont-email.me...
> > "Billy Mynews Ferrell"<admin@moderated.xyz> Wrote in message:r
> > > "J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote in
> > > messagenews:qpDah+yrz0QhFwZr@255soft.uk...
> > On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 at 08:03:43, Billy Mynews Ferrell
> > <admin@moderated.xyz> wrote (my responses usually follow points raised):
> > > No One Makes A 32-bit
> > > Resident AV No More>> For Old PC
> > > Only 64-bits Resident AV
> > I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated
> > 2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32
> .>> Only The Poor run Windows XP
> > > On A Old 32-bit PC
> > Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.
> >
> > > Poor Boy J. P. Gilliver. As For Your XP Machine If You Have To Do
> > > A Reinstall You Will Not Be Able To Re-Active It
> >
> > You're a special kind of tech dumbass aren't you. XP corp edition
> > doesn't do activation. It can still be installed and used.
> > Depending on whether or not he's got a true oem or a marked oem
> > or a retail or Corp decides if there is any ms required
> > activation.
> >
> > Please stop giving unsound advice. You sound like snit when you go
> > and do that, dumbass.
> >
> > Also there's still 32bit versions of av and am available with
> > updates. Stop writing from your ass, you fucking
> > moron.
>
> Like To See You Use
> A XP corp edition

I have two multi-seat licenses for XP, one a ‘business’ and one an
‘education’. Both still work to reinstall from the DVD or the ISO.

> As I Said Before
> You Can Installed
> But You Can't Update It

My versions were SP3, the ISOs were patched to the latest patches before MS
dropped support. I don’t need to update them.

> For All Windows XP Update
> Links at All Dead

That depends. You could still get fully patched XP installs from Imagine
(formerly Dreamspark); MS parks every single OS from DOS 6 there, for
educational purposes. That’s all versions of DOS from 3, Win 1-3.x, Win 9x,
ME, NT 3.51, 4, 5, XP, Vista, 8.x, 10, Server 2k, 2k3, all the way to 2019
(no 2022 as of the last time I looked), plus various versions of Exchange
Server, SQL Server, more. They’re official installs from MS, license keys
and all, and they still install. Even DOS 6, assuming you can find floppies
to drop it on, and a computer which can run it. The last machine I have which
has a working floppy drive is a beige G3 Mac; I dumped the images for DOS 6
to the Mac and built floppies... a long time ago. Haven’t found a machine
which will install DOS 6, though. Too old.

Of course, you have to get access to Imagine, which ain’t simple.

Re: Good advice? (was - No XP Security Updates? Run Time Freeze - Review)

<si2a0h$nna$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1197&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#1197

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Review)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 10:50:57 -0400
References: <79h8ggl4dgsssqlhn7r2s8fk6cf6b9r8td@4ax.com> <se1q4g$59b$1@dont-email.me> <t3r8ggpvap3osd31adtlrp3cq7rj4dt3af@4ax.com> <5i29ggd17kkt526ihqf1kh0p1ib5c87gog@4ax.com> <shugek$avu$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org> <shvfbm$8op$1@dont-email.me> <qpDah+yrz0QhFwZr@255soft.uk> <shvke8$be1$1@dont-email.me> <si018h$5es$1@dont-email.me> <si10j8$6hp$1@dont-email.me> <0001HW.26F4DE4D012284FC700005D3338F@news.supernews.com>
 by: Paul - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:50 UTC

Wolffan wrote:
> On 2021 Sep 16, Billy Mynews Ferrell wrote
> (in article <si10j8$6hp$1@dont-email.me>):

>>> I have AVG, with virus definitions dated today, and the engine dated
>>> 2021-8-19 (just updated to that; restart pending), on my W7-32
>> .>> Only The Poor run Windows XP
>>> Not so. Had my XP machine not died, I might well still be using it.

>>> You're a special kind of tech dumbass aren't you. XP corp edition
>>> doesn't do activation. It can still be installed and used.
>>> Depending on whether or not he's got a true oem or a marked oem
>>> or a retail or Corp decides if there is any ms required
>>> activation.
>>>
>>> Please stop giving unsound advice. You sound like snit when you go
>>> and do that, dumbass.
>>>
>>> Also there's still 32bit versions of av and am available with
>>> updates. Stop writing from your ass, you fucking
>>> moron.
>> Like To See You Use
>> A XP corp edition
>
> I have two multi-seat licenses for XP, one a ‘business’ and one an
> ‘education’. Both still work to reinstall from the DVD or the ISO.
>>
>> As I Said Before
>> You Can Installed
>> But You Can't Update It
>
> My versions were SP3, the ISOs were patched to the latest patches before MS
> dropped support. I don’t need to update them.
>>
>> For All Windows XP Update
>> Links at All Dead
>
> That depends. You could still get fully patched XP installs from Imagine
> (formerly Dreamspark); MS parks every single OS from DOS 6 there, for
> educational purposes. That’s all versions of DOS from 3, Win 1-3.x, Win 9x,
> ME, NT 3.51, 4, 5, XP, Vista, 8.x, 10, Server 2k, 2k3, all the way to 2019
> (no 2022 as of the last time I looked), plus various versions of Exchange
> Server, SQL Server, more. They’re official installs from MS, license keys
> and all, and they still install. Even DOS 6, assuming you can find floppies
> to drop it on, and a computer which can run it. The last machine I have which
> has a working floppy drive is a beige G3 Mac; I dumped the images for DOS 6
> to the Mac and built floppies... a long time ago. Haven’t found a machine
> which will install DOS 6, though. Too old.
>
> Of course, you have to get access to Imagine, which ain’t simple.

You can also patch WinXP using your wsusoffline stick.
You were supposed to make one of those, around EOL for
WinXP, so the files would still be available at that time.