Crazee Edeee, his prices are INSANE!!!

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

SubjectAuthor
* Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
+- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
`* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
 +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
 `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
  +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
  `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
   +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
   +* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
   |+- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
   |`* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
   | `- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
   `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
    +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
    `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
     +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
     `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
      +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
      `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
       +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
       `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
        +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
        `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
         +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
         +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
         `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
          +- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon
          `* Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttalolcott
           `- Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof RebuttalRichard Damon

Pages:12
Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugnlrc$3eqsv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11839&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11839

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Subject: Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:10:20 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 04:10 UTC

On 10/16/2023 9:52 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:04 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> "Wrong, for EVERY input, there is a correct answer"
>>>
>>> For every halting problem decider/input pair there
>>> is no correct Boolean value that can be returned
>>> by this decider because this input to this pair
>>> is a self-contradictory thus incorrect question
>>> for this decider.
>>>
>>> The some other decider can answer some other question
>>> is no rebuttal at all.
>>>
>>> An input D to a decider H1 having no pathological relationship
>>> to this decider is an entirely different question than this
>>> same input input to decider H that has been defined to do the
>>> opposite of whatever value that H returns.
>>
>> Does machine D halt on input D?
>> Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
>> to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>> and not a self-contradictory question for H1.
>>
>> That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
>> proves that these are two different questions.
>>

> That H(D,D) cannot possibly return either Boolean
> value that corresponds to the direct execution of any
> D that is defined to do the opposite of whatever value
> that H returns proves that the decider/input pair is
> self-contradictory for this decider.
>
> When D does the opposite of whatever H says this
> <is> self-contradictory in the same way that
> "This sentence is not true." contradicts itself.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugoe3u$1v0v7$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11840&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11840

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 07:04:30 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:04 UTC

<ugor87$3muq7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11841&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11841

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:48:39 -0500
 by: olcott - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 14:48 UTC

On 10/17/2023 11:10 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 10/16/2023 9:52 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> Does machine D halt on input D?
>>> Is a self-contradictory question for H when D is defined
>>> to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns
>>> and not a self-contradictory question for H1.
>>>
>>> That D contradicts H and does not contradict H1
>>> proves that these are two different questions.
>>>

>> That H(D,D) cannot possibly return either Boolean
>> value that corresponds to the direct execution of any
>> D that is defined to do the opposite of whatever value
>> that H returns proves that the decider/input pair is
>> self-contradictory for this decider.
>>
>> When D does the opposite of whatever H says this
>> <is> self-contradictory in the same way that
>> "This sentence is not true." contradicts itself.
>>

> I told the computer science professor about
> the loophole you found in his work.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Simplified Halting Problem Proof Rebuttal

<ugotd6$1vmr0$1@i2pn2.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11842&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11842

From: richard@damon-family.org (Richard Damon)
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:25:26 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 15:25 UTC