From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Mailbox system.
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 15:57:10 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 15:57 UTC

Since my problems with email, I've been using the PC more than before.

With Thunderbird, I can leave all the mails on the server. Happy to go
online to the servers to delete them when needed.

Is there a way of doing this with Pluto as the email reader - and not
downloading duplicates of those it has already had? Realise it's not a
Pluto thing - but I want to keep that as my email reader.

--
*Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques *

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: Mailbox system.

<599fef21e3dave@triffid.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1184&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1184

From: dave@triffid.co.uk (Dave)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: Mailbox system.
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 16:49:44 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 16:49 UTC

In article <599fea51ebdave@davenoise.co.uk>,
Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> Since my problems with email, I've been using the PC more than before.

> With Thunderbird, I can leave all the mails on the server. Happy to go
> online to the servers to delete them when needed.

> Is there a way of doing this with Pluto as the email reader - and not
> downloading duplicates of those it has already had? Realise it's not a
> Pluto thing - but I want to keep that as my email reader.

If you are using Hermes the answer is yes to not downloading duplicates.

Hermes - Mail Accounts-Select the account click Edit.

Click the Fetching button and the choices are yours to select.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Re: Mailbox system.

<599ff216c6News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1185&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1185

From: News03@avisoft.f9.co.uk (Martin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:22:02 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Martin - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:22 UTC

In article <599fef21e3dave@triffid.co.uk>,
Dave <dave@triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <599fea51ebdave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > Since my problems with email, I've been using the PC more than
> > before.

> > With Thunderbird, I can leave all the mails on the server. Happy
> > to go online to the servers to delete them when needed.

> > Is there a way of doing this with Pluto as the email reader - and
> > not downloading duplicates of those it has already had? Realise
> > it's not a Pluto thing - but I want to keep that as my email
> > reader.

> If you are using Hermes the answer is yes to not downloading
> duplicates.
> Hermes - Mail Accounts-Select the account click Edit.
> Click the Fetching button and the choices are yours to select.

And there is a similar setting in AntiSpam, under the General tab in
Choices. I am pretty sure there is also in POPstar, if you are still
using that.

Pluto is not involved at all - it just stores what has been
downloaded.

--
Martin Avison
Note that unfortunately this email address will become invalid