All great ideas are controversial, or have been at one time.

devel / comp.sys.acorn.apps / Unicontrol problems

SubjectAuthor
* Unicontrol problemsAdrian Crafer
+* Re: Unicontrol problemsChris Hughes
|`* Re: Unicontrol problemsAdrian Crafer
| +- Re: Unicontrol problemsChris Hughes
| `- Re: Unicontrol problemsSteve Fryatt
`* Re: Unicontrol problemscharles
 `- Re: Unicontrol problemsDave Plowman (News)

1
Unicontrol problems

<ceba559f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1174&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1174

Subject: Unicontrol problems
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk (Adrian Crafer)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:54:10 GMT
 by: Adrian Crafer - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 12:54 UTC

Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.

By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
Christmas close down.

He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.

Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
that means the current build number/update status.

Thanks

Adrian Crafer

--

acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk

Re: Unicontrol problems

<2e52629f59.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1175&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1175

From: news13@noonehere.co.uk (Chris Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: Unicontrol problems
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 15:11:42 GMT
 by: Chris Hughes - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 15:11 UTC

In message <ceba559f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>
Adrian Crafer <acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
> thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.

> By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
> Christmas close down.

> He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
> Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.

> Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
> your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
> that means the current build number/update status.

Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
use has a few problems at the moment.

I use External-September for my usenet postings

--
Chris Hughes

Re: Unicontrol problems

<b9f86d9f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1176&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1176

Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk (Adrian Crafer)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:18:57 GMT
 by: Adrian Crafer - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:18 UTC

In message <2e52629f59.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>
Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <ceba559f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>
> Adrian Crafer <acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

>> Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
>> thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.

>> By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
>> Christmas close down.

>> He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
>> Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.

>> Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
>> your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
>> that means the current build number/update status.

> Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
> use has a few problems at the moment.

> I use External-September for my usenet postings

I get my news from Orpheus, I have no idea where it comes from.

Thanks

Adrian

--

acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk

Re: Unicontrol problems

<5542719f59.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1177&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1177

From: news13@noonehere.co.uk (Chris Hughes)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:54:52 GMT
 by: Chris Hughes - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:54 UTC

In message <b9f86d9f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>
Adrian Crafer <acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <2e52629f59.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>
> Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

>> In message <ceba559f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>
>> Adrian Crafer <acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
>>> thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.

>>> By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
>>> Christmas close down.

>>> He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
>>> Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.

>>> Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
>>> your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
>>> that means the current build number/update status.

>> Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
>> use has a few problems at the moment.

>> I use External-September for my usenet postings

> I get my news from Orpheus, I have no idea where it comes from.

Orpheus have peering arrangement with GigaNews, so it comes from them.

--
Chris Hughes

Re: Unicontrol problems

<mpro.r4kxu10198syy0378.news@stevefryatt.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1178&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1178

From: news@stevefryatt.org.uk (Steve Fryatt)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:56:30 +0000
 by: Steve Fryatt - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:56 UTC

On 23 Dec, Adrian Crafer wrote in message
<b9f86d9f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>:

> In message <2e52629f59.chris@mytarbis.plus.com>
> Chris Hughes <news13@noonehere.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Your responses did appear here, but its seems giganews which you seem to
> > use has a few problems at the moment.
>
> > I use External-September for my usenet postings
>
> I get my news from Orpheus, I have no idea where it comes from.

They're a Giganews reseller, I think -- very few (if any) ISPs run their own
news servers these days.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/

Re: Unicontrol problems

<599f740bb2charles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1179&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1179

From: charles@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:25:18 +0000 (GMT)
 by: charles - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:25 UTC

In article <ceba559f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>,
Adrian Crafer <acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
> thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.

> By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
> Christmas close down.

> He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
> Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.

> Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details of
> your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows side
> that means the current build number/update status.

> Thanks

> Adrian Crafer

This is interesting
At the time of the London Show, Uniprint was refusing to work. I chatted to
Alan and we decided it was a Windows 'thing'.

It's now working again quite happily - there have been at least 2 Windows
updates in between times

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Re: Unicontrol problems

<599fde184adave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1181&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#1181

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 13:43:39 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 13:43 UTC

In article <599f740bb2charles@candehope.me.uk>, charles
<charles@candehope.me.uk> wrote:
> In article <ceba559f59.bz36@orpheusnet.co.uk>, Adrian Crafer
> <acrafer@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > Sorry to start a new thread on this, but my responses to the previous
> > thread have not appeared. The first one sent two days ago.

> > By a roundabout route, I have had an exchange with Andrew who is on
> > Christmas close down.

> > He has asked if all those who are having problems with Uniprint and
> > Windows 10 and recent updates, to get in contact with him.

> > Please supply the symtoms as experienced by you, and the full details
> > of your set up, both Riscos and Windows side. Obviously on the windows
> > side that means the current build number/update status.

> > Thanks

> > Adrian Crafer

> This is interesting At the time of the London Show, Uniprint was
> refusing to work. I chatted to Alan and we decided it was a Windows
> 'thing'.

> It's now working again quite happily - there have been at least 2
> Windows updates in between times

Mine is also working again normally. Perhaps opening up the Startup Folder
reminded Windows it was in there? ;-)

--
*Why isn't there a special name for the back of your knee?

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.