From: nospam.Manuel.Adorni@f27.n902.z4.fidonet.org (Manuel Adorni)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Prompt 196
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 06:28:28 +1200
 by: Manuel Adorni - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 18:28 UTC

�Hola g00r00!

I have problem with prompt 196 (for search file command). The cursor position
when execute prompt is incorrect.

The cursor is always positioned a few positions below where it should be. I
couldn't position it with the codes [X and [Y. I think that this is a bug.

Thanks!.

�Saludos!
-=Momia=-

Re: Prompt 196

<3966174016@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1165&group=alt.bbs.mystic#1165

From: nospam.g00r00@f215.n129.z1.fidonet.org (g00r00)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Prompt 196
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:01:05 +1200
 by: g00r00 - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 00:01 UTC

MA> I have problem with prompt 196 (for search file command). The cursor
MA> position when execute prompt is incorrect.
MA>
MA> The cursor is always positioned a few positions below where it should
MA> be. I couldn't position it with the codes [X and [Y. I think that this
MA> is a bug.

My guess is you are not accounting for the input field size which is 60
characters. You can shorten the input field if you want to with the "IN" mci
code. But if you are not leaving at least 60 characters on the same line for
input, you are going to see results like you're seeing.

There is nothing special about that prompt its displayed the same as every
other prompt, directly after fsearch display file. If you think there is a
bug I would probably need to see something reproducable in this case.

.... Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice"?

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: Prompt 196