computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions

SubjectAuthor
* Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophicalolcott
+* Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positionsDon Stockbauer
|`- Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophicalolcott
`- Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophicalRichard Damon

1
Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions

<uasl9u$391ih$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11628&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11628

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy
Subject: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical
positions
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 00:54:06 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 05:54 UTC

Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions
seems to make much more sense than having random strangers critique my
ideas.

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions

<cad5fb03-185f-4f90-a3f0-c261d07a3a12n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11629&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11629

Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 00:56:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions
From: donstockbauer@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 07:56 UTC

On Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 12:54:10 AM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions
> seems to make much more sense than having random strangers critique my
> ideas.
>
> --
> Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius
> hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer

So you and these people that hold your same philosophical positions are all wrong.

Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions

<UaqAM.133250$f7Ub.79742@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11631&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11631

positions
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy
From: Richard@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 08:04:04 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 12:04 UTC

On 8/8/23 1:54 AM, olcott wrote:
> Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions
> seems to make much more sense than having random strangers critique my
> ideas.

So, you admit to wanting just "yes men"? That would be because your
ideas don't actually hold water.

Your problem is that your logic is just fatally flawed, and you can't
stand that being pointed out.

If the only people you want to talk about are people that will agree
with you without actually looking at your work, you are just admitting
that your ideas don't work.

Go ahead, listen to just the yes men, and let them pull you into your
fantasy world of make beleive and falsehood.

That seems to be the world you have chosen to live in, and will seal
your eternal fate.

I will note, that puts you in exactly the same class of people as you
claim you are trying to debunk.

Re: Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions

<uatk98$3eens$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11632&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11632

From: polcott2@gmail.com (olcott)
Newsgroups: comp.ai.philosophy
positions
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 09:42:48 -0500
 by: olcott - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 14:42 UTC

On 8/8/2023 2:56 AM, Don Stockbauer wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 8, 2023 at 12:54:10 AM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
>> Speaking with people that already hold my same philosophical positions
>> seems to make much more sense than having random strangers critique my
>> ideas.
>>
>> --
>> Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius
>> hits a target no one else can see." Arthur Schopenhauer
>
> So you and these people that hold your same philosophical positions are all wrong.

It is impossible that we are wrong because our mutual position is
entirely anchored in: *semantic tautology / self-evident truth*

*A semantic tautology*
tautology, in logic, a statement so framed that it cannot be denied
without inconsistency. Thus, “All humans are mammals” is held to assert
with regard to anything whatsoever that either it is not a human or it
is a mammal. But that universal “truth” follows not from any facts noted
about real humans but only from the actual use of human and mammal and
is *thus purely a matter of definition*.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/tautology

*A self-evident truth*
In epistemology (theory of knowledge), a self-evident proposition is a
proposition that is known to be true by understanding its meaning
without proof... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-evidence

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius