From: SKRdJ@nowhere.net (S.K.R. de Jong)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Subject: Running Android apps under a Slackware
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:56:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: S.K.R. de Jong - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:56 UTC

There is support for running Android apps under Linux, but this
seems to require Snap, which is systemd-dependent and therefore not
supported under Slackware.

Anybody know of an alternative? I know about Android-x86, which
can be run from within Slackware as a virtual machine. I wonder though if
there are any solutions out there that do require having a fully-fledged
Android virtual machine for the purpose of running specific Android apps
under Slackware.

Re: Running Android apps under a Slackware

<t3lisd$cdj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1150&group=alt.os.linux.slackware#1150

From: Henrik.Carlqvist@deadspam.com (Henrik Carlqvist)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.slackware
Subject: Re: Running Android apps under a Slackware
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 05:55:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Henrik Carlqvist - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 05:55 UTC

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:56:24 +0000, S.K.R. de Jong wrote:
> Anybody know of an alternative? I know about Android-x86, which
> can be run from within Slackware as a virtual machine. I wonder though
> if there are any solutions out there that do require having a
> fully-fledged Android virtual machine for the purpose of running
> specific Android apps under Slackware.

Many years ago I did develop Android apps myself using Slackware as my
development platform. Part of the development environment was an Android
emulator which was built on top of qemu emulating an ARM base phone.

The Android SDK probably looks totally different today (back then it was
built on eclipse) but I suppose it still has some kind of emulator
included. At least back then you could download and install the Android
SDK for free.

regards Henrik