Message from Our Sponsor on ttyTV at 13:58 ...

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / forwarding option

SubjectAuthor
* forwarding optionDavid H Durgee
`* forwarding optionfrg
 `* forwarding optionDavid H Durgee
  `* forwarding optionGabriel
   `* forwarding optionDavid H Durgee
    `* forwarding option...w¡ñ§±¤ñ
     `* forwarding optionDirk Fieldhouse
      +* forwarding optionfrg
      |`- forwarding optionDirk Fieldhouse
      `- forwarding option...w¡ñ§±¤ñ

1
forwarding option

<kqcombFd7t8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1133&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1133

From: dhdurgee@privacy.net (David H Durgee)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: forwarding option
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:35:22 -0600
Firefox/91.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.17.1
 by: David H Durgee - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 16:35 UTC

In most cases I want to forward using attachments, but there are a few
people whose email readers require inline forwarding. Is there a way to
do this easily, or do I have to go change a global setting every time I
want to do so?

In case it is possible to create a toggle, I have PrefBar installed.

Dave

Re: forwarding option

<kqcqdfFdgs7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1134&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1134

From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: forwarding option
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 18:04:47 +0100
 by: frg - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 17:04 UTC

David H Durgee wrote:
> In most cases I want to forward using attachments, but there are a few people
> whose email readers require inline forwarding.  Is there a way to do this
> easily, or do I have to go change a global setting every time I want to do so?
>
> In case it is possible to create a toggle, I have PrefBar installed.
>
> Dave

Click Forward Drop Marker -> Forward Inline or Forward Attachment. If not this
which setting in prefs do you mean?

FRG

Re: forwarding option

<kqcrlgFdqp4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1135&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1135

From: dhdurgee@privacy.net (David H Durgee)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:26:06 -0600
 by: David H Durgee - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 17:26 UTC

frg wrote:
> David H Durgee wrote:
>> In most cases I want to forward using attachments, but there are a few
>> people whose email readers require inline forwarding.  Is there a way
>> to do this easily, or do I have to go change a global setting every
>> time I want to do so?
>>
>> In case it is possible to create a toggle, I have PrefBar installed.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Click Forward Drop Marker -> Forward Inline or Forward Attachment. If
> not this which setting in prefs do you mean?
>
> FRG

That is what I am talking about, but when I click on the forward line I
do not get a choice of inline or attachment, it opens ready to send as
an attachment.

Looking in preferences under Composition & Addressing Global preferences
I see a forward messages option offering either inline or attachment, no
way to select at time of forwarding.

Dave

Re: forwarding option

<%5c0N.174090$ESLc.101748@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1136&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1136

From: user@domain.invalid (Gabriel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 18:56:59 GMT
 by: Gabriel - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 18:56 UTC

On 31 Oct 2023 at 18:26:06 CET, "David H Durgee" <dhdurgee@privacy.net> wrote:

> frg wrote:
>> David H Durgee wrote:
>>> In most cases I want to forward using attachments, but there are a few
>>> people whose email readers require inline forwarding. Is there a way
>>> to do this easily, or do I have to go change a global setting every
>>> time I want to do so?
>>>
>>> In case it is possible to create a toggle, I have PrefBar installed.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> Click Forward Drop Marker -> Forward Inline or Forward Attachment. If
>> not this which setting in prefs do you mean?
>>
>> FRG
>
> That is what I am talking about, but when I click on the forward line I
> do not get a choice of inline or attachment, it opens ready to send as
> an attachment.

[...]

Near the "Forward" icon on the top bar there's a small arrow, click it and
select what you need

Re: forwarding option

<kqd1g0FesdsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1137&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1137

From: dhdurgee@privacy.net (David H Durgee)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 13:05:36 -0600
 by: David H Durgee - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 19:05 UTC

Gabriel wrote:
> On 31 Oct 2023 at 18:26:06 CET, "David H Durgee" <dhdurgee@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> frg wrote:

>>> Click Forward Drop Marker -> Forward Inline or Forward Attachment. If
>>> not this which setting in prefs do you mean?
>>>
>>> FRG
>>
>> That is what I am talking about, but when I click on the forward line I
>> do not get a choice of inline or attachment, it opens ready to send as
>> an attachment.
>>

> [...]
>
> Near the "Forward" icon on the top bar there's a small arrow, click it and
> select what you need

That solved the problem, I was using the pop-up on the message header
and not the forward on the upper menu.

Thank you for the pointer, problem solved.

Dave

Re: forwarding option

<uht34i$1heht$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1138&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1138

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 01:44:01 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 08:44 UTC

David H Durgee wrote on 31-Oct-23 12:05 PM:
> Gabriel wrote:
>> On 31 Oct 2023 at 18:26:06 CET, "David H Durgee" <dhdurgee@privacy.net>
>> wrote:

>>> That is what I am talking about, but when I click on the forward line I
>>> do not get a choice of inline or attachment, it opens ready to send as
>>> an attachment.
>>>

>> [...]
>>
>> Near the "Forward" icon on the top bar there's a small arrow, click it and
>> select what you need
>>

> That solved the problem, I was using the pop-up on the message header and
> not the forward on the upper menu.
>
> Thank you for the pointer, problem solved.
>
> Dave

The two Forward options are available on the
Program Menu Bar => Message/Forward As
Message Menu Bar => Message/Forward As

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: forwarding option

<Z82cnTVVSJ5Ltt_4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1139&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1139

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: surname@gmx.net.plusremovethisandtherest.example.com (Dirk Fieldhouse)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 10:43:34 +0000
 by: Dirk Fieldhouse - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 10:43 UTC

On 01/11/2023 08:44, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ wrote:
> ...>
>
> The two Forward options are available on the
>  Program Menu Bar  => Message/Forward As
>  Message Menu Bar  => Message/Forward As

OP was using the context menu from the message pane, where the menu item
has no roll-out to forwarding options. I don't think that this is
customisable in SM without an add-on?

/df

--
London
UK

Re: forwarding option

<kqetk1Fr4tgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1140&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1140

From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 13:11:45 +0100
 by: frg - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 12:11 UTC

Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
> On 01/11/2023 08:44, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ  wrote:
>> ...>
>>
>> The two Forward options are available on the
>>   Program Menu Bar  => Message/Forward As
>>   Message Menu Bar  => Message/Forward As
>>

> OP was using the context menu from the message pane, where the menu item has
> no roll-out to forwarding options. I don't think that this is customisable in
> SM without an add-on?
>
> /df

Yeah. If this is needed open a bug and I will see if I can fix it. Should not
be too hard because forward as is already in the main menu bar. No eta even
with open bug as usual :) 2.53.18b1 first.

FRG

Re: forwarding option

<uhu1e5$1n7rv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1141&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1141

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...w¡ñ§±¤ñ)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 10:21:09 -0700
 by: ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 17:21 UTC

Dirk Fieldhouse wrote on 01-Nov-23 3:43 AM:
> On 01/11/2023 08:44, ...w¡ñ§±¤ñ  wrote:
>> ...>
>>
>> The two Forward options are available on the
>>   Program Menu Bar  => Message/Forward As
>>   Message Menu Bar  => Message/Forward As
>>

> OP was using the context menu from the message pane, where the menu item
> has no roll-out to forwarding options. I don't think that this is
> customisable in SM without an add-on?
>
> /df

There are two other options/locations on the Program Toolbar Bar and the
Message Tool Bar when the Forward option is configured to be present via
Customize for those two locations.
Both of these are present on my SM 2.53.17. Don't recall adding them
via Customize, so am assuming they are present by default unless changed
locally by a user.

i.e. currently 4 methods to choose Inline or Attachement.
The Context menus for the (1)message in the Message pane and (2)meesage
in its own open window appear to be the only locations the dual Forward
choice(Inline or Attachment) is not available.

:) If the feature is added to the Context menus that would be 6 total
methods!

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: forwarding option

<l7qdnURaN5lgBN_4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1142&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1142

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: surname@gmx.net.plusremovethisandtherest.example.com (Dirk Fieldhouse)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 18:33:16 +0000
 by: Dirk Fieldhouse - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 18:33 UTC

On 01/11/2023 12:11, frg wrote:
> Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
>> ...>
>> OP was using the context menu from the message pane, where the menu
>> item has no roll-out to forwarding options. I don't think that this is
>> customisable in SM without an add-on?
>
> Yeah. If this is needed open a bug and I will see if I can fix it.
> Should not be too hard because forward as is already in the main menu
> bar. No eta even with open bug as usual :) 2.53.18b1 first.

No issue for me, but what would be very nice is if the Customi[zs]e...
function as available in toolbars were available for menus as well. I
thought FF had this but maybe a memory of Word for Windows is confusing
me. In SM you can adjust the Menu Bar but not the items in each menu.

/df

--
London
UK

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / forwarding option