From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: How to fully remove FF Add-on
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2023 00:04:58 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 04:04 UTC

Eight months ago I installed a great add-on, Blacken, and I really liked
it, but later I found it wasn't so great. The author says, and I believe
him, that they've made changes in webpages so it doesnt' always work
right anymore.

I used the Add-on page to uninstall it, and I restarted windows
afterwards, but it's still doing things, bad things.

First it was only NextDoor but now it's making the contents of the
Google search box disappar.

How can I entirely delete a Firefox Add-on?

Re: How to fully remove FF Add-on

<b5ikhitjt42e0hd2bh6sqe7lst6uvjn65k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1113&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1113

From: none@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: Re: How to fully remove FF Add-on
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 23:37:53 -0500
 by: Char Jackson - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 04:37 UTC

On Mon, 02 Oct 2023 00:04:58 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>Eight months ago I installed a great add-on, Blacken, and I really liked
>it, but later I found it wasn't so great. The author says, and I believe
>him, that they've made changes in webpages so it doesnt' always work
>right anymore.
>
>I used the Add-on page to uninstall it, and I restarted windows
>afterwards, but it's still doing things, bad things.
>
>First it was only NextDoor but now it's making the contents of the
>Google search box disappar.
>

>How can I entirely delete a Firefox Add-on?

Just a guess, but you might have to reinstall it, then use it to set everything
back to normal. Finally, uninstall it via the add-ons page.

Sometimes, simply removing something doesn't automatically mean that all
relevant settings will be restored to their pre-install state.

Re: How to fully remove FF Add-on

<ufdpnj$2qrvm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1114&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1114

From: dave@dave123royal.com (Dave Roya)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 06:58:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dave Roya - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 06:58 UTC

On 02 Oct 2023 00:04:58 -0400 micky wrote:
>Eight months ago I installed a great add-on, Blacken, and I really liked
>it, but later I found it wasn't so great. The author says, and I believe
>him, that they've made changes in webpages so it doesnt' always work
>right anymore.
>
>I used the Add-on page to uninstall it, and I restarted windows
>afterwards, but it's still doing things, bad things.
>
>First it was only NextDoor but now it's making the contents of the
>Google search box disappar.
>

>How can I entirely delete a Firefox Add-on?

'Remove' from the addons manager should remove it: it deletes the addon
from the profile. With some addons you might have to restart Firefox. I've
never known it not work.

Try reloading the offending pages, overriding the cache.

Do you have other addons that change pages?
--
(Remove numerics from email address)

Re: How to fully remove FF Add-on

<90x6zfksp9ab$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1115&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1115

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 02:08:47 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 07:08 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

> Eight months ago I installed a great add-on, Blacken, and I really liked
> it, but later I found it wasn't so great. The author says, and I believe
> him, that they've made changes in webpages so it doesnt' always work
> right anymore.
>
> I used the Add-on page to uninstall it, and I restarted windows
> afterwards, but it's still doing things, bad things.
>
> First it was only NextDoor but now it's making the contents of the
> Google search box disappar.
>
> How can I entirely delete a Firefox Add-on?

Clear history to ensure you aren't loading cached copies of web pages.

To flush add-ons, you can create a new profile in Firefox. The
"Refresh" option will do that. The old profile is not destroyed, but it
doesn't get loaded. You can use the Profile Manager to decide which
profile to load.

Re: How to fully remove FF Add-on

<ufk03j$bvc7$1@toylet.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1125&group=alt.comp.software.firefox#1125

From: toylet.toylet@gmail.com (Mr. Man-wai Chang)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 23:24:14 +0800
 by: Mr. Man-wai Chang - Wed, 4 Oct 2023 15:24 UTC

On 10/2/2023 12:04 PM, micky wrote:
> Eight months ago I installed a great add-on, Blacken, and I really liked
> it, but later I found it wasn't so great. The author says, and I believe
> him, that they've made changes in webpages so it doesnt' always work
> right anymore.
>
> I used the Add-on page to uninstall it, and I restarted windows
> afterwards, but it's still doing things, bad things.

Are you sure that it's removed?

As a last resort, you can always start a new profile after backing up
your bookmarks and Lockwise passwords.

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / Re: How to fully remove FF Add-on