From: uudbdjctko@qnqwvbhkwi.invalid (ldpshddtti)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.usenet
Subject: Re: how can we advocate for usenet more? It's dead these days
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:37:04 +0800
 by: ldpshddtti - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 16:37 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> writes:

> I have returned to usenet after suffering frustration with web-based
> forums. In principle, usenet is generally superior to web forums.
> But on the contrary, it has become a ghost town.
>
> I'm thinking one approach to promoting usenet is to reply to web-based
> posts, and reference a related thread in usenet.
>
> Other ideas?

I'm surprised that there is already discontent with web-based forums in
2012. Maybe I'm still naive in those days, but I'm glad that I
discovered USENET (I'm a bit young for the good 'ol days) with its
unfiltered glory.

I hope more like-minded individuals discover and re-discover USENET as
they grow ever-increasingly discontent over the state of the web.

--

computers / alt.fan.usenet / Re: how can we advocate for usenet more? It's dead these days