From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Prime Gaming 1 April 2024
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 18:19:56 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 22:19 UTC

Time for another unenthusiastic report on the 'free' games available
via Amazon Prime Gaming.

* Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel (via GOG)
"Fallout Tactics" is no surprise; Prime has been working
its way through the Fallout back-catalog. It's also
nothing to get too excited about; it's possibly the
least-loved Fallout game. It's not necessarily bad, but
it's very dated, very limited in its scope, and was
average even when it was new.

* Bus Simulator 21: Next Stop
"Bus Simulator"... well, the title of the game gives it
away. It's in the genre of games I call 'workplace
sims', where you simulate real-life jobs. It's a genre
that has its fans, and some of the games are quite
popular: whether its driving a Eurotruck, managing a
Farm, or Powerwashing a building. But a lot of them
are quite janky, and even though conceptually they
are good games, the lack of polish makes it hard to
enjoy the game even if you do enjoy the genre. "Bus
Simulator 21" seems to fall into this latter category.

* Through the Darkest of Times
"Through the Darkest of Times" is a game that has you
leading a resistance in Berlin against the Nazi regime
during WW2. But it's not the usual guns-blazing FPS; it's
a more tempered political/strategy game where you have to
recruit members, organize resistance actions, and keep
from getting caught. Again, conceptually interesting but
it may play a bit too dry (and the realistic take on
the material may feel too sensitive to be gamified)
for some.

* Bridge to Another World: Secrets of Nutcracker
* Mystery Case Files: Moths to A Flame
"Bridge to Another World: Secrets of Nutcracker" is
another hidden-object adventure game. Find the hidden
objects on the screen to unlock the next bit of story.
I never quite got the appeal of these, but apparently
they're quite popular. As evidenced that this month we
get TWO hidden-object games: "Mystery Case Files:
Moths to A Flame" is the second.

* Pearls of Atlantis: The Cove (via Legacy Games)
Also, there's "Pearls of Atlantis: The Cove", only
available through the 'Legacy Games' app. Apparently
it's a match-three game? I'm not a member of Legacy, so
I can't tell. Maybe somebody else will chime in with details.

So, nothing really that stands out this month, but neither anything
particularly disappointing either. It's just average, unexciting
stuff. Still no reason to pay Prime, but at least it increments The
Number a few times...

Re: Prime Gaming 1 April 2024

<uuh6ni$393v8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111418246&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111418246

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Prime Gaming 1 April 2024
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 08:03:14 -0700
 by: Justisaur - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:03 UTC

On 4/1/2024 3:19 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> Time for another unenthusiastic report on the 'free' games available
> via Amazon Prime Gaming.
>

> * Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel (via GOG)

I enjoyed when it was originally out, but that was a long time ago.
*shrug* it's free, and now more easily accessed through GOG.
> * Bus Simulator 21: Next Stop

Wait, this isn't an April Fool? Some people even like simulating
trucks. I don't get it, but to each their own.

> * Pearls of Atlantis: The Cove (via Legacy Games)

Someone can have mine if they care:
PN9T5-6ZQ0P-IJ6LT

**** LUNA (streaming) adendum ****

Nothing much worth mentioning.

Smurfs Kart - <

The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor - looks like a JRPG Rhythm game,
looks mildly interesting, I might give it a try as I'm 1 for 2 in rhythm
games.

Earthworm Jim 2 - classic platformer was pretty good back in the day.

Sail Forth - Pirate sailing game (cool idea, but I didn't get far due to
some issues I thought I posted about but can't find. It was also free
on Epic so no need to play it on Luna if you got it there.)

Airhead - puzzle platformer. Meh.

Fortnight - 5 different versions for your survival pvp fps mmo pleasure
full of MTX. One is actually a racing game. Meh.

Trackmania - a well loved(not by me) racing game full of MTX

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\