From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Microsoft Shows Support
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 17:44:53 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 21:44 UTC

So, I gotta say: this was unexpected - but not necessarily unwelcome -
news. Gonna just copy-n-paste it here:

Activision-Blizzard, newly acquired subsidiary of Microsoft,
primarily (or at least it is rumored) for its mobile division, has
recently announced* that it is finally bringing to the PC platform
its award-winning and incredibly successful - not to mention oft
lauded - action-roleplaying game, "Diablo Immortal".

Fans of the franchise expressed excitement over the port, which
originally launched to mobile platforms in 2022. It received
on release, overwhelming press coverage and was hugely successful.
Look for it on all major online digital storefronts, including
Steam, Epic and GOG, later this month.

* watch the official announcement trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Based on the video, the game itself apparently won't see much in the
way of updates; the usual higher resolutions and textures, of course,
but beyond that it will be the same beloved gameplay. Unlike the
mobile version (which was free), you will have to pay for the base
game, but otherwise the gameplay will remain exactly the same as the
mobile. There's even the potential of cross-play! Unusually, there
will only be limited mouse support, with Microsoft listing a
touch-screen monitor as a system requirement. But since pretty much
every computer has touch-screens these days, that's not really such a
stretch, I guess.

Honestly, I have to say I'm a little bit excited about this news. Not
so much about the game itself - I never was the biggest fan of the
Diablo franchise - but that Microsoft is doing this. It shows that
they intend not only to keep supporting PC gaming in general, but also
aren't planning on abandoning Activision/Blizzard's IPs. (which, after
buying Rare, inExile, DoubleFine, Ninja Theory and more, isn't quite
as unbelievable as might seem).

Anyway, this is definitely a date of note and I'm sure this
announcement will result in a lot of interested discussion!

Re: Microsoft Shows Support

<uuffdu$2ovon$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111418231&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111418231

From: dtravel@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Microsoft Shows Support
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 16:19:29 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 23:19 UTC

On 4/1/2024 2:44 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> So, I gotta say: this was unexpected - but not necessarily unwelcome -
> news. Gonna just copy-n-paste it here:
>
> Activision-Blizzard, newly acquired subsidiary of Microsoft,
> primarily (or at least it is rumored) for its mobile division, has
> recently announced* that it is finally bringing to the PC platform
> its award-winning and incredibly successful - not to mention oft
> lauded - action-roleplaying game, "Diablo Immortal".
>
> Fans of the franchise expressed excitement over the port, which
> originally launched to mobile platforms in 2022. It received
> on release, overwhelming press coverage and was hugely successful.
> Look for it on all major online digital storefronts, including
> Steam, Epic and GOG, later this month.
>
> * watch the official announcement trailer here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
>

> Based on the video, the game itself apparently won't see much in the
> way of updates; the usual higher resolutions and textures, of course,
> but beyond that it will be the same beloved gameplay. Unlike the
> mobile version (which was free), you will have to pay for the base
> game, but otherwise the gameplay will remain exactly the same as the
> mobile. There's even the potential of cross-play! Unusually, there
> will only be limited mouse support, with Microsoft listing a
> touch-screen monitor as a system requirement. But since pretty much
> every computer has touch-screens these days, that's not really such a
> stretch, I guess.
> Not in the universe I live in. And even if I had touch screen monitors
a mouse is MUCH more versatile if for no other reason that "LMB and RMB".

dirty old man.

Re: Microsoft Shows Support

<0v3o0jp4u74980dqvbbhu0buq4m5vckh4b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111418243&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111418243

From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:03:20 -0400
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 14:03 UTC

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 16:19:29 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>On 4/1/2024 2:44 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

>> * watch the official announcement trailer here:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

>> Not in the universe I live in. And even if I had touch screen monitors
>a mouse is MUCH more versatile if for no other reason that "LMB and RMB".

Obviously you didn't watch the announcement trailer which gives a
clear explanation of the benefits of their interface choice. Go on and
give it a watch; I think you'll be surprised.

Re: Microsoft Shows Support

<abqo0jp6827dl3p5c5elespppgk2mhrivt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111418252&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111418252

From: Xocyll@gmx.com (Xocyll)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 16:24:40 -0400
 by: Xocyll - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 20:24 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> looked up from reading the
say:

>On 4/1/2024 2:44 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
>>
>> So, I gotta say: this was unexpected - but not necessarily unwelcome -
>> news. Gonna just copy-n-paste it here:
>>
>> Activision-Blizzard, newly acquired subsidiary of Microsoft,
>> primarily (or at least it is rumored) for its mobile division, has
>> recently announced* that it is finally bringing to the PC platform
>> its award-winning and incredibly successful - not to mention oft
>> lauded - action-roleplaying game, "Diablo Immortal".
>>
>> Fans of the franchise expressed excitement over the port, which
>> originally launched to mobile platforms in 2022. It received
>> on release, overwhelming press coverage and was hugely successful.
>> Look for it on all major online digital storefronts, including
>> Steam, Epic and GOG, later this month.
>>
>> * watch the official announcement trailer here:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

No, no, no, no, no, I think you mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA_v0YMPN9c

Xocyll