A programming language is low level when its programs require attention to the irrelevant.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?

SubjectAuthor
* What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Rin Stowleigh
+* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Justisaur
|+- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Rin Stowleigh
|`* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Ross Ridge
| +* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Dimensional Traveler
| |`* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| | `* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Anssi Saari
| |  `* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Ross Ridge
| |   `* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?kyonshi
| |    +- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| |    `* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Justisaur
| |     +* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Dimensional Traveler
| |     |`* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Justisaur
| |     | `- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Dimensional Traveler
| |     `* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| |      +* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Justisaur
| |      |`- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| |      `* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Dimensional Traveler
| |       +* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| |       |`- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Dimensional Traveler
| |       `* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Xocyll
| |        `- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| `- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
+* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
|`* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Justisaur
| +* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| |`* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Justisaur
| | `- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?candycanearter07
| `- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?JAB
`* Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?Zaghadka
 `- Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?JAB

Pages:12
Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?

<ut2csi$2fe7j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417922&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417922

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:00:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: candycanearter07 - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:00 UTC

Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com> wrote at 20:50 this Friday (GMT):
> On 3/15/2024 1:30 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>> Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com> wrote at 21:24 this Thursday (GMT):

>>> They only appear really bad because of the force sensitive are
>>> unconsciously altering their aim. All it takes is the tiniest nudge.
>>
>> That's..actually a really interesting explanation. If only the movie
>> mentioned it..
>> (i haven't watched the movies but i assume it's not mentioned
>> considering fan perception)
>
> Not specifically, if you extrapolate from
>
> "The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created
> by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the
> galaxy together."

Ohhh ok!

Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?

<ut2oip$2hmdd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417926&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417926

From: dtravel@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 17:19:40 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 00:19 UTC

On 3/15/2024 1:30 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
> Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com> wrote at 21:24 this Thursday (GMT):

>>> Of course at that point we don't know anything about Imperial
>>> Stormtroopers (besides the boarding action earlier where they actually
>>> did hit quite a few people), and Obi-Wan has been stuck on Tatooine for
>>> a while.
>>
>> They only appear really bad because of the force sensitive are
>> unconsciously altering their aim. All it takes is the tiniest nudge.
>
> That's..actually a really interesting explanation. If only the movie
> mentioned it..
> (i haven't watched the movies but i assume it's not mentioned
> considering fan perception)

Its not mentioned in any of the Star Wars movies and even if it was how
would it explain the terrible aim of the evil minions in EVERY other movie?

dirty old man.

Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?

<ut31vj$2mvhm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417929&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417929

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 03:00:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: candycanearter07 - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 03:00 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote at 00:19 this Saturday (GMT):
> On 3/15/2024 1:30 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>> Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com> wrote at 21:24 this Thursday (GMT):

>>> They only appear really bad because of the force sensitive are
>>> unconsciously altering their aim. All it takes is the tiniest nudge.
>>
>> That's..actually a really interesting explanation. If only the movie
>> mentioned it..
>> (i haven't watched the movies but i assume it's not mentioned
>> considering fan perception)
>
> Its not mentioned in any of the Star Wars movies and even if it was how
> would it explain the terrible aim of the evil minions in EVERY other movie?

Plot armor

Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?

<ut35ub$2nlg7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417931&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417931

From: dtravel@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 21:07:43 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 04:07 UTC

On 3/15/2024 8:00 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote at 00:19 this Saturday (GMT):

>>> That's..actually a really interesting explanation. If only the movie
>>> mentioned it..
>>> (i haven't watched the movies but i assume it's not mentioned
>>> considering fan perception)
>>
>> Its not mentioned in any of the Star Wars movies and even if it was how
>> would it explain the terrible aim of the evil minions in EVERY other movie?
>
> Plot armor

And "Plot Armor" doesn't apply to 'Star Wars' because...?

dirty old man.

Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?

<negfvi1aov1ugtthijo1h1nsgdrvtf2ici@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417943&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417943

From: Xocyll@gmx.com (Xocyll)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 00:25:48 -0400
 by: Xocyll - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 04:25 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> looked up from reading the
say:

>On 3/15/2024 1:30 PM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>> Justisaur <justisaur@yahoo.com> wrote at 21:24 this Thursday (GMT):

>>> They only appear really bad because of the force sensitive are
>>> unconsciously altering their aim. All it takes is the tiniest nudge.
>>
>> That's..actually a really interesting explanation. If only the movie
>> mentioned it..
>> (i haven't watched the movies but i assume it's not mentioned
>> considering fan perception)
>
>Its not mentioned in any of the Star Wars movies and even if it was how
>would it explain the terrible aim of the evil minions in EVERY other movie?

Thought the explanation for bad aim of most villain minions was the
dumbass helmet they are forced to wear that pretty much make it
impossible to aim?

.... and of course make it so easy for the enemy (the heroes) to
infiltrate since everyone has helmets on and cannot see you do not
belong.

Xocyll

Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?

<ut9mm3$85en$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417957&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417957

From: candycanearter07@candycanearter07.nomail.afraid (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:30:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: candycanearter07 - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 15:30 UTC

Xocyll <Xocyll@gmx.com> wrote at 04:25 this Monday (GMT):
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> looked up from reading the
> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
> say:

[snip]
>>Its not mentioned in any of the Star Wars movies and even if it was how
>>would it explain the terrible aim of the evil minions in EVERY other movie?
>
> Thought the explanation for bad aim of most villain minions was the
> dumbass helmet they are forced to wear that pretty much make it
> impossible to aim?
>
> ... and of course make it so easy for the enemy (the heroes) to
> infiltrate since everyone has helmets on and cannot see you do not
> belong.
>
> Xocyll

The asthetic though!

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: What do you think will be the first game to use real AI?