From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Small Radios Big Televisions
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 08:55:02 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 13:55 UTC

I know it's Thursday, but this one is not from Epic (that comes later
;-). No, this game has a different providence, and it is this origin -
and the reason for its now free - that makes it worth downloading.

Originally developed by FireFace games, it was published to steam and
Epic by HBO/Discovery. Recently, the developers were told by HBO was
no longer interested in selling the game, but rather than give back
control of the Steam/Epic accounts to the developers, HBO decided to
just shut it down.* So the developers decided to give HBO a big 'fuck
you!' in response and made the game a free download from their
website.

And you know me, I'm all for saying 'fuck you!' to big corporations,
so I'm all in on this download. ;-)

Anyway, the game:

* Small Radios Big Televisions
https://fire-face.com/games/srbt.html
It's basically a walking sim; explore an abandoned factory and
discover tapes that open up into surreal worlds that can be explored.
Mild puzzles slow down the experience. It's sort of trippy and -
honestly - not the sort of game most people here go for. But it's
free, and HBO/Discovery's being an ass, so add it to your library
anyway. ;-)

Free to download for however long until HBO's vulture-laywers descend
upon the developer for daring to make the developer's own property
free.

* although the game is still available to buy on Steam as of this
posting.

Re: FREE GAME: Small Radios Big Televisions

<uscoon$14l7i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417717&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417717

From: dtravel@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Small Radios Big Televisions
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 08:07:52 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 16:07 UTC

On 3/7/2024 5:55 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> I know it's Thursday, but this one is not from Epic (that comes later
> ;-). No, this game has a different providence, and it is this origin -
> and the reason for its now free - that makes it worth downloading.
>
> Originally developed by FireFace games, it was published to steam and
> Epic by HBO/Discovery. Recently, the developers were told by HBO was
> no longer interested in selling the game, but rather than give back
> control of the Steam/Epic accounts to the developers, HBO decided to
> just shut it down.* So the developers decided to give HBO a big 'fuck
> you!' in response and made the game a free download from their
> website.
>
> And you know me, I'm all for saying 'fuck you!' to big corporations,
> so I'm all in on this download. ;-)
>
> Anyway, the game:
>
> * Small Radios Big Televisions
> https://fire-face.com/games/srbt.html
> It's basically a walking sim; explore an abandoned factory and
> discover tapes that open up into surreal worlds that can be explored.
> Mild puzzles slow down the experience. It's sort of trippy and -
> honestly - not the sort of game most people here go for. But it's
> free, and HBO/Discovery's being an ass, so add it to your library
> anyway. ;-)
>

> Free to download for however long until HBO's vulture-laywers descend
> upon the developer for daring to make the developer's own property
> free.
>

> * although the game is still available to buy on Steam as of this
> posting.

Downloading it now if for no other reason that the raised finger to a
streaming service.

dirty old man.