From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Infinifactory
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 09:56:24 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 14:56 UTC

(Yes, I'm cheating again by posting this early... but I'm gonna be AFK
for a while and if I wait until I get back, Ant will post it first,
get the points, and win big prizes! This cannot be allowed to
happen... so I'm writing this before the game is actually available.)

(Now watch as Epic screws me over and changes the freebie on offer.
;-)

Remember Thursdays? Pepperidge farm remembers Thursdays. So does Epic.
In other words, it's time for another free game.

* Infinifactory
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/infinifactory-ec9686
Sandbox 'factory' games like this (and "Satisfactory",
"Spacechem", and the dozens of clones) were never
really my thing. Fun at first, I found the increasing
complexity more overwhelming than fun; not anything
impossible to manage, if I put my mind to it, but not
really the sort of thing I wanted to do for fun.
"Infinifactory" is more puzzle than sandbox, too, so
you don't even get the reward of creating ridiculously
massive infrastructure projects. Each level is
constrained with a set goal. It's a well-made game,
but not a niche I gravitate towards.

Still gonna grab the game, though. It's free, right?

If you want it, you have the usual week to claim it. We're back to the
regular schedule again.

Re: FREE GAME: Infinifactory

<mKudnbZ2MsYOGy_4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417086&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417086

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Infinifactory
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 16:04:35 +0000
 by: Ant - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 16:04 UTC

Damn. Wait, what prizes? I never got any. :P

--
"To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy ??? to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen." --Jude 1:24-25
| |o o| |

Re: FREE GAME: Infinifactory

<uou838$2d8fa$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111417093&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111417093

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 19:08:42 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Thu, 25 Jan 2024 18:08 UTC

On 1/25/2024 3:56 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> (Yes, I'm cheating again by posting this early... but I'm gonna be AFK
> for a while and if I wait until I get back, Ant will post it first,
> get the points, and win big prizes! This cannot be allowed to
> happen... so I'm writing this before the game is actually available.)

Ah, even Usenet now is about all those worthless internet points. Going
back to sending messenger pigeons. Where was that RFC for IP over Avian
Carriers again?

(ah, here it is, RFC 1149)

Do I actually have Infinifactory already? Maybe. I remember playing it,
or seeing it played somewhere. I wasn't that interested, but it does
have some nice ideas. I think the whole alien abduction angle was kind
of overdone and put me off.