From: noway@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: New keyboard
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 18:28:08 +0000
 by: JAB - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 18:28 UTC

Well I finally got fed up with my Microsoft basic keyboard that seems to
have evolution going on between the keys and it was only a matter of
time before I had a new life form. I had a search around and in the end
went for a Cherry but not their expensive ones but instead a cheap
Stream. Nice and solidly built, so should last.

The problem I have is that as it's smaller (no number pad) the where the
keys are is slightly more difficult. The other one which I think is just
a not what I used to is the action is shorter.

Overall though I'm rather happy with it.

Re: New keyboard

<uo29rv$q5kp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416970&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416970

From: rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: New keyboard
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 20:47:10 -0700
 by: rms - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 03:47 UTC

>Well I finally got fed up with my Microsoft basic keyboard

Microsoft did sign a deal with a 3rd party to reissue some of their
keyboards and other hardware. When they'll start appearing I don't know.
I'm still using a MS4000 myself; would love a quiet mechanical version of
that same design, but haven't looked that hard either.

rms

Re: New keyboard

<uo35er$tecb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416971&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416971

From: noway@nochance.com (JAB)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:38:02 +0000
 by: JAB - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:38 UTC

On 15/01/2024 03:47, rms wrote:
>> Well I finally got fed up with my Microsoft basic keyboard
>
>   Microsoft did sign a deal with a 3rd party to reissue some of their
> keyboards and other hardware.  When they'll start appearing I don't
> know. I'm still using a MS4000 myself; would love a quiet mechanical
> version of that same design, but haven't looked that hard either.

I had to look that keyboard up and I do remember them and although I
understand the reasoning I just didn't get on with it as it 'feels'
quite different to a normal layout.

It's the same reason I didn't go for a mechanical keyboard, nothing
wrong with them as such but the feel is too different to what I'm used
to. Oh that and also the price is a lot more to get a decent one.

My MS one was a bog standard RT2300 which I think was about £10 when I
bought it. I think I can say I got my monies worth.