From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: FREE GAME: Escape Academy
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 11:10:00 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:10 UTC

It may be the start of a new year, but we've still got Free Games to
announce! Today, on Epic, we receive:

* Escape Academy
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/escape-academy-bfc2bf
I never got the appeal of "escape room" games... but if
you enjoy that sort of thing, then "Escape Academy"
will probably be right up your alley. A first-person
puzzler, played single-player or co-op, wrapped up in
a nominal setting of 'teaching' you the secrets of
escape. It's a fine game, I'm sure, but fairly niche
in appeal. I can't say I like its art style, though.

We'll see if tomorrow's game is more to my liking, because - like all
the other recent Epic freebies - you only have 24 hours to claim this
one.

Re: FREE GAME: Escape Academy

<umuu8v$29ies$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416771&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416771

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: FREE GAME: Escape Academy
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 09:54:39 -0800
 by: Justisaur - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 17:54 UTC

On 1/1/2024 8:10 AM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

> It may be the start of a new year, but we've still got Free Games to
> announce! Today, on Epic, we receive:
>

> * Escape Academy
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/escape-academy-bfc2bf
> I never got the appeal of "escape room" games... but if
> you enjoy that sort of thing, then "Escape Academy"
> will probably be right up your alley. A first-person
> puzzler, played single-player or co-op, wrapped up in
> a nominal setting of 'teaching' you the secrets of
> escape. It's a fine game, I'm sure, but fairly niche
> in appeal. I can't say I like its art style, though.
>

> We'll see if tomorrow's game is more to my liking, because - like all
> the other recent Epic freebies - you only have 24 hours to claim this
> one.

I picked it up. I'm not sure if I would like escape rooms. One of my
friends wanted to do one. On the one hand, I don't like computer game
puzzles, on the other playing a computer game of it might give me an
idea if I'd like the real one. On the third hand, without the
physicality and presence of friends, it isn't likely to give much of the
full experience.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø
(\_/)\
`-'\ `--.___,
¶¬'\( ,_.-'
\\
^'

Re: FREE GAME: Escape Academy

<umv8oe$2b14h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416777&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416777

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 21:53:34 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 20:53 UTC

On 1/1/2024 6:54 PM, Justisaur wrote:

> I picked it up.  I'm not sure if I would like escape rooms.  One of my
> friends wanted to do one.  On the one hand, I don't like computer game
> puzzles, on the other playing a computer game of it might give me an
> idea if I'd like the real one.  On the third hand, without the
> physicality and presence of friends, it isn't likely to give much of the
> full experience.

Escape Rooms were quite nice when I tried them before, but not something
I need to do all the time.
Where I live in they also seemed to die a bit of a quick death after
five girls died in a fire in an improperly set up escape room.
Beforehand they were one of those things people did for company events,
nowadays you don't even hear about them anymore. I guess most of them
quickly went out of business after the tragedy. But corona also might
have had something to do with that.

Otherwise I agree with you, I don't really see the point in doing an
escape room when it's not an actual room.

Re: FREE GAME: Escape Academy

<umvdeo$2bmgr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416781&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416781

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 16:13:44 -0600
 by: candycanearter07 - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 22:13 UTC

On 1/1/24 14:53, kyonshi wrote:
> On 1/1/2024 6:54 PM, Justisaur wrote:
>

>> I picked it up.  I'm not sure if I would like escape rooms.  One of my
>> friends wanted to do one.  On the one hand, I don't like computer game
>> puzzles, on the other playing a computer game of it might give me an
>> idea if I'd like the real one.  On the third hand, without the
>> physicality and presence of friends, it isn't likely to give much of
>> the full experience.
>>

> Escape Rooms were quite nice when I tried them before, but not something
> I need to do all the time.
> Where I live in they also seemed to die a bit of a quick death after
> five girls died in a fire in an improperly set up escape room.
> Beforehand they were one of those things people did for company events,
> nowadays you don't even hear about them anymore. I guess most of them
> quickly went out of business after the tragedy. But corona also might
> have had something to do with that.
>
> Otherwise I agree with you, I don't really see the point in doing an
> escape room when it's not an actual room.

I've never been in one. I think I used to be a fan of escape room games,
but dont' care about them nowadays.