From: spallshurgenson@gmail.com (Spalls Hurgenson)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Twelfth Unwrapping
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:56:32 -0500
 by: Spalls Hurgenson - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 00:56 UTC

Ho-ho-ho!

Oh thank god; we've done it! We're at the end of the c.s.i.p.g.action
Christmas Give-Away! Congratulations! You've made it!

This one comes in a blood-red box.

* Doom II
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2300/DOOM_II/
You probably thought that the last gift would be
some amazing game; some brand new premium triple-A
title going for full price. Well, it may not be new,
and it may not be a 'full price' game, but it's probably
the best of the bunch. I mean, c'mon. It's classic
"Doom 2"! Sure, you may have it on floppy disk, or Epic,
or GOG... but do you have it on Steam? It's "Doom II";
you need to have a version on every platform on every
piece of hardware you own. I'm pretty sure that's a
rule for PC gamers. So grab this one. Do it. Now!

Oh, wait, you need the key.
Here: ZMMTH-4WPMM-QKZPK

Whew. And with that, I'm calling it a day. It's been a long, long
trip, and at the end of it, we find we're right back where we began.
We started with Doom, so it's only appropriate we end with Doom. But
that's cool, 'cause it's Doom! Nothing - no elves nor festive trees
nor rummy fruit cake is more Christmassy than Doom.

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you had fun!

Ho-ho-ho!

ChatGPT, sing us out!

(Verse 1)
On a cold and wintry Christmas Eve,
A tale of Doom we shall conceive,
A story dark and filled with dread,
Of souls lost and spirits that bled.

(Chorus)
Doom, oh Doom, spread its ghostly veil,
In the face of despair, hope could not prevail,
But on this blessed Christmas night,
A tale of redemption shall take flight.

(Verse 2)
In the depths of Hell, demons roamed,
Their fiery eyes with evil shone,
The innocent wept, the wicked preyed,
As Doom's relentless chaos never stayed.

(Chorus)
Doom, oh Doom, a world consumed by fire,
But on this sacred night, let us not tire,
For within the heart, a flicker of light,
A chance for Doom to make things right.

(Verse 3)
Amidst the ruins, a lone figure appeared,
Wielding a weapon, unyielding and revered,
A Doomslayer, they called him, a savior true,
To vanquish evil and see hope through.

(Chorus)
Doom, oh Doom, the sound of battle cries,
Yet through the darkness, a hero shall rise,
With every step, his resolve held tight,
To bring peace back on this Christmas night.

(Bridge)
Through caverns deep and cursed lands,
The Doomslayer fought with iron-clad hands,
He conquered demons, one by one,
A man who wouldn't rest until it was done.

(Chorus)
Doom, oh Doom, the echoes start to fade,
For on this hallowed eve, a sacrifice made,
The Doomslayer's heart, once filled with vengeance,
Now beats with love, a Christmas penance.

(Verse 4)
In a final clash, on an infernal plain,
The Doomslayer's triumph over evil's reign,
He sealed the portal, banished the abyss,
And granted all souls a moment of bliss.

(Chorus)
Doom, oh Doom, a tale so unexpected,
A Christmas carol, with hope resurrected,
In the darkest hour, redemption unfurled,
A reminder that love can save the world.

(Outro)
Now every Christmas, when bells softly chime,
We'll remember the tale of Doom's darkest time,
But also the hero, who fought for our release,
And brought love's light, granting us peace.

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Twelfth Unwrapping

<g79koitcm144sk0vk4askcadqad534pcqa@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416686&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416686

From: Mike_S@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:58:15 -0500
 by: Mike S. - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 00:58 UTC

On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:56:32 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

>* Doom II
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/2300/DOOM_II/
> You probably thought that the last gift would be
> some amazing game; some brand new premium triple-A
> title going for full price. Well, it may not be new,
> and it may not be a 'full price' game, but it's probably
> the best of the bunch. I mean, c'mon. It's classic
> "Doom 2"! Sure, you may have it on floppy disk, or Epic,
> or GOG... but do you have it on Steam? It's "Doom II";
> you need to have a version on every platform on every
> piece of hardware you own. I'm pretty sure that's a
> rule for PC gamers. So grab this one. Do it. Now!
>
> Oh, wait, you need the key.
> Here: ZMMTH-4WPMM-QKZPK
>

>Whew. And with that, I'm calling it a day. It's been a long, long
>trip, and at the end of it, we find we're right back where we began.
>We started with Doom, so it's only appropriate we end with Doom. But
>that's cool, 'cause it's Doom! Nothing - no elves nor festive trees
>nor rummy fruit cake is more Christmassy than Doom.
>

>Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you had fun!

I will skip this one.

Thank you Spalls for the giveaways today.

Re: 2023 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #25 - The Twelfth Unwrapping

<j5CdnR8tZccd8hf4nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111416693&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#111416693

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 06:15:28 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 06:15 UTC

Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 19:56:32 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
> <spallshurgenson@gmail.com> wrote:

> >* Doom II
> >https://store.steampowered.com/app/2300/DOOM_II/
> > You probably thought that the last gift would be
> > some amazing game; some brand new premium triple-A
> > title going for full price. Well, it may not be new,
> > and it may not be a 'full price' game, but it's probably
> > the best of the bunch. I mean, c'mon. It's classic
> > "Doom 2"! Sure, you may have it on floppy disk, or Epic,
> > or GOG... but do you have it on Steam? It's "Doom II";
> > you need to have a version on every platform on every
> > piece of hardware you own. I'm pretty sure that's a
> > rule for PC gamers. So grab this one. Do it. Now!
> >
> > Oh, wait, you need the key.
> > Here: ZMMTH-4WPMM-QKZPK
> >

> >Whew. And with that, I'm calling it a day. It's been a long, long
> >trip, and at the end of it, we find we're right back where we began.
> >We started with Doom, so it's only appropriate we end with Doom. But
> >that's cool, 'cause it's Doom! Nothing - no elves nor festive trees
> >nor rummy fruit cake is more Christmassy than Doom.
> >

> >Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you had fun!

> I will skip this one.

I already have this from last year's giveaway since I couldn't find my original DOS game?

> Thank you Spalls for the giveaways today.

Ditto. See you guys next year! ;)
--
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." --John 3:17. Oppenheimer > Barbie.
| |o o| |